HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

C'mon, admit you like that Chelsea Dagger song - Habs lose to Hawks 5-1

Old
12-22-2011, 01:37 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Normally I agree with you but on this one I dont.

Gauthier had plenty opportunities to improve this team during the offseason. All he did was add Cole. Sure, he added some soft DMen which is exactly what we do not need on this team.

Picture this. The Hawks score their second goal and we are now one down. Put the Rupp, Moen and Eager line on the ice with the instruction to create some havoc and some energy. Rupp takes on Scott and its a close bout. Next time that line is on the ice, Moen fights Jamal Mayers and takes him down. Shane O'Brien flattens Hossa twice in the game. Emelin plows Kane.

The Habs feed off of that energy and play an inspired rest of the game instead of the lifeless show that they put on.

Rupp was available for cheap. So was Eager and O'Brien. Those three players could have changed the entire dynamic of this season. Instead, we are soft and apathetic.

Shame.
just put Emelin in the line-up, on the left anf let him do his thing...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:41 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
That is true, too bad it is our 1st line that is the problem, not the 4th. If our team was being beaten into submission every night I would agree but they aren't. Teams are just skating around us and we aren't finishing anything.
True, trueé But look at other teams. Tomorrow, open up your TV and watch a random game... New Jersey - Nashville, or whatever (not looking at the schedule). When the scorers are not in the game, the coach will throw his big hitters out there to change the momentum.... 1, 2, 3 shifts of crash and bang forecheck wil bring life in the crowd and pump up the team...

Heck, Boston does it to us every damn game we play them. Same with Toronto. Same with Philly. What happens then? Our small gutless forwards stop going in the corners, our small dmen stop going in the corners, and they skate circles around us.

I am SICK of this. I understood Koivu, back in the days, he was ALONE on his teams... but then what did Gainey do? He took an even worse direction, got his FOUR biggest pieces to be small forwards instead of just one. And we have no one else to change the dynamic of the games. Well, truth be told, Cole tries very hard.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
That is true, too bad it is our 1st line that is the problem, not the 4th. If our team was being beaten into submission every night I would agree but they aren't. Teams are just skating around us and we aren't finishing anything.

they sure are not part of the solution though... never been, never will be...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Erik Estrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawdowmaker View Post
Kaberle, wow all this money for a guy to pass the puck on the PP nothing else. I would much rather see N Beaulieu playing with PK making mistake.
I'm doing my best to keep an open mind on the Kaberle pickup. I'm just fearful this has the makeup of a clusterf@%k of Gomezian proportions...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Adam91

Cammalleri is arguably thee worst defensive player I have ever seen.

He DOES NOT MOVE, aimlessly waives his stick around at nothing and looks generally disinterested in anything to do with defense.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:46 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post

He DOES NOT MOVE, aimlessly waives his stick around at nothing and looks generally disinterested in anything to do with defense.
There is no arguing that...

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:56 AM
eaglesmaster

At least we will get to watch multiple future habs at wjc, plus potentially a top 10 pick.

eaglesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:59 AM
eaglesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post

Pffft hes just using his magic stick..................

eaglesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Grigorenko to all and to all a good night!

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:40 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
but...but...but...but I thought we hired Cunneyworth the unilingual and a not a french coach because we had to hire the best coach available

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Normally I agree with you but on this one I dont.

Gauthier had plenty opportunities to improve this team during the offseason. All he did was add Cole. Sure, he added some soft DMen which is exactly what we do not need on this team.

Picture this. The Hawks score their second goal and we are now one down. Put the Rupp, Moen and Eager line on the ice with the instruction to create some havoc and some energy. Rupp takes on Scott and its a close bout. Next time that line is on the ice, Moen fights Jamal Mayers and takes him down. Shane O'Brien flattens Hossa twice in the game. Emelin plows Kane.

The Habs feed off of that energy and play an inspired rest of the game instead of the lifeless show that they put on.

Rupp was available for cheap. So was Eager and O'Brien. Those three players could have changed the entire dynamic of this season. Instead, we are soft and apathetic.

Shame.
WTF are you smoking?

Rupp was available "cheap"? You mean the same guy that signed for 3 years at 4.5 mil to play 4th line in New York?

I'm all for adding an enforcer but if you have to throw 5 mil over 3 years to Mike F$%#ing Rupp then get somebody else.

I think Hordichuk would have been a good fit on this team, he can play and doesn't take a lot of dumb penalities.

Eager is too selfish takes a ton of bad penalities.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
but...but...but...but I thought we hired Cunneyworth the unilingual and a not a french coach because we had to hire the best coach available
They haven't hired a new coach yet.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:55 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Can't wait until this season is over. I'm expecting a busy and entertaining off season at least.
And stressful, lots of ways the club could get effed up for 3-4 years if not more.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
KirkMuller93

Campoli is useless , I still cant believe Emelin is out of the line up for this guy.

KirkMuller93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Agreed, Montreal would be trading from a point of weakness however as far as not getting full return on players, who cares. All it cost Montreal was money, they gave nothing for Gionta, Cammalleri, Moen, Gill, Kaberle. Now Gomez is a different story.

Whatever return is gained by trading those contracts is worth it.

Gomez 2 more years @ 7.3
Kaberle 2 more years @ 4.2
Gionta 2 more years @ 5
Cammalleri 2 more years @ 6
Moen UFA
Gill UFA

That's a saving of 22.5 million on the cap if they CAN get rid of them for anything at all so if I was GM I wouldn't worry about the return so much but more about ridding myself of those contracts!
Leafs fan here in peace. As much as I like to see the habs suffer, I was hoping we would both make the playoffs and have a series.

As for the contracts there, if I was the coach, I would sit all of them and play young guys to get the experience. Many would complain and be willing to waive if they have NTC's. Then you could send them down for a good savings. We did that with Finger and his bloated 4.5 mil contract.

Sam Slick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:21 AM
MJN79

No grit, no fighting, no offense and no passion, unfortunately for us, we have to realize that this team was built to be an average regular season team and hope our goalie carries us far. Can you just imagine for a second what would happen if Price gets injured for a month? It would get even uglier.

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote