HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Give Kadri #13 and hope he succeeds

Old
12-22-2011, 09:40 AM
somecut*

vCash: 500
Give Kadri #13 and hope he succeeds

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...ri-a-long-look

Great article, sums up what a lot of us Kadri backers have been pleading for, and what the Burke/Leaf apologists on here seem to jump down our throats about.

The best part about the article is the talk about the Leaf braintrust being so obsessed with not making Kadri feel that he's a special player that theyve made it impossible, up to this point, for him to become a special player. Lets hope they keep him in the lineup and let him produce.

somecut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:45 AM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecut View Post

Great article, sums up what a lot of us Kadri backers have been pleading for, and what the Burke/Leaf apologists on here seem to jump down our throats about.

The best part about the article is the talk about the Leaf braintrust being so obsessed with not making Kadri feel that he's a special player that theyve made it impossible, up to this point, for him to become a special player. Lets hope they keep him in the lineup and let him produce.

I hated this article. Absolutely every bit of it. Kadris performance isn't going to be based on the superficial. Or based on a number. Burke has ensured kadri that he's a part of this future (unless a shocking deal comes along), and one would think that would be enough for comfort. A number has nothing to do with a players performace. Yes its comforting, but that's not the reason why you believe you're part of a teams plans..the gm telling you is generally that reason.

This guy wasted his time writing this article and wasted my time reading it.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

really Cox?

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:56 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Ridiculous article. #13 is completely undeserved for Kadri, he's done nothing to prove himself at the NHL level and you're gonna go and hand him the number worn by one of our most beloved Leafs from the last 30 years?

And just because people didn't feel he was ready, doesn't mean they're Leaf/Burke apologists.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:57 AM
eyeball11

Quote:

You tend to really set yourself up when you write like this.

I'm as big of a Kadri supporter as there is yet I also fully support taking our time with him and only bringing him along when he's ready. Two of the best teams in the league at consistently developing forwards are Philadelphia and Detroit. Know what they do? They let them mature and prove they can dominate at lower levels and even then, when they bring them up, they put them in 3rd line roles until they've proven they belong higher up.

Of course, Toronto would never want to emulate Philly or Detroit, now would they? What truly gets me is how many people will complain about rushing our players or trading them away yet can't hold their attention spans for a millisecond.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:57 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Cox is an idiot.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:58 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

terrible read. Cox is useless. I would like to see him suit up and see how his pessimism changes. leafs will not trade kadri, not now and not next year. If hes not good enough to make the leafs then what could we possibly get in return for him from another team?

Bobby Ryan went through the same process with Burke and look at where he stands in the league. Bobby Ryan was barley projected to crack the top 5 but Burke and his squad at the time selected him at #2. Its a slow process but when you have an un-even diamond with sharp edges you file it down and refine it into something BEAUTIFUL. You don't sell it straight from the ground with the dirt still on it!

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:58 AM
GrizzLeaf

I read that yesterday and thought how stupid it was.

Kadri will get his chance to prove himself. The number 13 issue is just some invented thing by Cox to make his article less generic than all the other writers, blogger and HF posters saying "give Kadri a chance".

GrizzLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:09 AM
somecut*

And shocker...here comes the Burke apologist army to the rescue. You guys and Burke and Wilson are right, everyone else is an idiot. Clearly evidenced by the great success the Leafs have had over the era...oh wait...

I agree the number thing is out there, and meant to elicit a reaction from readers, but the crux of the argument is to instill confidence in the guy, be on his side and hope for him to succeed vs what has been happening in that they point out his failures, and put him down in the media.

Eyeball11 had a great point about Det and Phi bringing guys up, letting them prove themselves on the 3rd line, and then get a bump when theyre ready. So many times ive heard "what you want Kadri coming up here and playing on the 3rd line?? Thats so stupid!!" Why is it stupid, its not like there is a rule that you cant playmake and score on the 3rd line. You just do that while learning at the NHL level. Its clearly worked for Det and Philly, but yeah...i guess who would want to mirror them?

somecut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*

not sure if serious

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:15 AM
jughead42

Quote:

All these members of the cult of Kadri should take note of the fact that they are in agreement with Damien Cox. Yes, Damien Cox agrees that Burke and some leaf fans aren't treating Nazem fairly and that his failure thus far as a prospect is their fault, not his. When your opinions start to jive with Cox's you know you're full of crap. The kid is the master of his own destiny, if he doesn't have the jam to take charge and make a place in the league for himself he doesn't deserve one.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

I wish he wore 91. Number means nothing. To me when there is a trade and a player cant have his original number; it looks funny and feel that they don't play the same. I know its stupid, but its how i feel ALRIGHT.

Last edited by dannyboy8920: 12-22-2011 at 10:51 AM.
dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:19 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
yea 91 would have been better... i dont get why you cant choose your own number.. pretty ****** stupid. The player earned it by getting a roster spot.. this is not house league its the NHL

Old
12-22-2011, 10:20 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
yea 91 would have been better... i dont get why you cant choose your own number.. pretty ****** stupid. The player earned it by getting a roster spot.. this is not house league its the NHL
He hasn't earned a spot, that's why they give them camp numbers. Once they make the team full-time, they're given the option to choose.

EazyB97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Ridiculous article. #13 is completely undeserved for Kadri, he's done nothing to prove himself at the NHL level and you're gonna go and hand him the number worn by one of our most beloved Leafs from the last 30 years?

And just because people didn't feel he was ready, doesn't mean they're Leaf/Burke apologists.

"the number worn by one of our most beloved Leafs from the last 30 years? "

Get your head out of your ***.

How long have you been watching Leaf hockey?

13 is the number we charish the most?

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
mooseOAK*

This is just Cox appealing to the LCD who get hysterical when it comes to Kadri in order to get attention. Burke doesn't need that clown telling him how to do his job.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
He hasn't earned a spot, that's why they give them camp numbers. Once they make the team full-time, they're given the option to choose.
i doubt they get too choose..

i doubt bozak choose 42 and kulie wanted 14 etc..

Old
12-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Jatt

I say Leafs make him choose between #' 17 and 93

Jatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Yosho
Logic

This article (and the discussions being held on the 2 sports radio stations) is the media's way of trying to further the plot of the soap-opera that has become of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Nice try Cox - How about you write an article about sports?

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
i doubt they get too choose..

i doubt bozak choose 42 and kulie wanted 14 etc..
Your doubts are wrong, they get the option once they're full-time players. There was an article or two about those two players choosing to keep their camp numbers because they were close to their regular ones (21 for Bozak, 14 for Kulemin) and they had worked out well for them (insert standard "doesn't seem to be working out now LULZ response for Kulemin this year and Bozak last year)

Old
12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Macoun4life

Cox seemed like an ABSOLUTE IDIOT the other night on sportsnet covering the Leafs game, now this just solidified his idiot status. Wear number 13? Are you ****ing kidding me? The highest scoring Leaf of all time? I hope Mats Sundin reads this crap and goes over to the Star and pounds Cox. Not only should Naz not wear number 13, but number 13 should be retired. Oh and aren't we honouring Sundin this year? What better way to honour him than to watch his number go up into the rafters and then watch a kid wearing his number on the ice.

I don't know if Cox is really this stupid or if this is supposed to be shock journalism...either way, I promote a Damien Cox boycott for disgracing Mats Sundin. I'll never read his articles again!

Macoun4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Didn't Kadri decide to keep the #43? I thought he re-tweeted that he decided to keep it..

Talk about making something out of nothing.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:34 AM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Didn't Kadri decide to keep the #43? I thought he re-tweeted that he decided to keep it..

Talk about making something out of nothing.
Yes, he did tweet it.

"for everyone wondering...4 3 is sticking with me #makeitmyown get ur jerseys "

Old
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Yes, he did tweet it.

"for everyone wondering...4 3 is sticking with me #makeitmyown get ur jerseys "
So then why would he be uncomfortable? It doesn't make sense. Ridiculous.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Darcy Tucker

my exact reaction to this article:

Darcy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote