HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Old
12-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
Not to mention Radulov isn't even playing for the preds, so any good player return is addition without subtraction.

That doesn't mean they'll give him away, but I think A. Kost straight up is a very good trade for both teams.
Nashville could really use Andre right now. Unlike the Habs, the Preds are a team on the cusp and Andre might be able to provide the low-scoring team with the boost it needs to make the playoffs. What's more, the deal would reunite the brothers (for better or worse!), conceivably inspiring Andre to sign on long-term with the Preds prior to becoming a UFA this summer.

On the Montreal-side of things, the deal would pretty much ensure that the Habs miss the playoffs. I realize it's awfully early in the season to put a fork in it but the sad truth is that the Habs already have a long road ahead of them if they hope to squeak into an eighth place finish. Subtracting Andre now merely acknowledges what any sane observer can already see: the Habs ain't going nowhere.

As Radulov would not be joining the team until next year, Andre's absence will undoubtedly help his former team acquire a lottery pick this spring . A shot at getting a second game-breaking player.

And so, even if the Habs have to sweeten their offer by adding a mid-range pick or prospect, Kostisyn for Radulov is a deal worth doing.

Last edited by Sam I Am: 12-22-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He said he has an out clause ...
His NHL contract not the KHL one.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
how high are the chances AK46 would resign in Nashville with his bro?

I say very high ..
If he did indeed re-sign in Nashville, perhaps he can impart a few tricks to his brother concerning hitting. SK doesn't hit much but when he does, SK hits like a train.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Privy
Unregistered User

Nashville is 7th in GFA in the West and has the 5th best powerplay in the West. Offense isn't that big of an issue this season. The bigger hole is the defense behind Weber and Suter.

And there's also the fact that Poile and Fenton told Radulov they could trade his rights to pretty much any team he wanted to go to. He told them he wanted to come back to Nashville.

Last edited by Privy: 12-22-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Privy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Nashville could use Andre right now--he might be able to provide a low-scoring team the boost it needs to make the playoffs. It would (for better or worse) reunite the brothers, conceivably inspiring Andre to sign on long-term with the Preds prior to becoming a UFA this summer.

On the Montreal-side of things, the deal would pretty much ensure that the Habs miss the playoffs. I realize it's awfully early in the season to put a fork in it but the sad truth is that the Habs already have a long road ahead of them if they hope to squeak into an eighth place finish. Subtracting Andre now merely acknowledges what any sane observer can already see: the Habs ain't going nowhere. Moreover, Andre's absence will undoubtedly help his former team acquire a lottery pick this spring as Radulov would not be joining the team until next year. A shot at getting a second game-breaking player.

Even if the Habs have to sweeten their offer by adding a mid-range pick or prospect, Kostisyn for Radulov is a deal worth doing.
I think before they bail on this year they'll give Cunneyworth 5-6 weeks to get things turned around. As a seller the best deals are in February anyways.

If we are 8-10 points out 2 weeks from the deadline then dangle AK, campoli, Gill, Gomez(highly unlikely but worth a shot) maybe Kaberle and Cammy if the price is too good to pass up.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:28 PM
centrehice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wouldn't Radulov have to play out the last yaer of his contract if he came back?
He'd have to play out the final year of his NHL contract, before he could resign for more money

Quote:
He said he has an out clause ...
In his KHL contract

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:13 PM
MTL-rules

Radulov is a star, it'd be terrific if we coud get our hands on him... But, he already said he's even ready to come back with the Preds, so they won't trade him for scrap, so forget AK or other highly paid, low performer players.

Maybe Plekanec for him and then try to trade Cammy+ for Stastny.

Get rid of Gomez and Gionta, trade Kaberle for picks, tank and get a lotery pick and sign Parise to a ridiculous contract next summer :

Radulov-Statsny-Cole
Parise-Top pick-MaxPac
DD-Eller-Leblanc
Who cares-who cares-who cares

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
UFA-Diaz

Man, I've been smoking some good one...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Radulov is a star, it'd be terrific if we coud get our hands on him... But, he already said he's even ready to come back with the Preds, so they won't trade him for scrap, so forget AK or other highly paid, low performer players.

Maybe Plekanec for him and then try to trade Cammy+ for Stastny.

Get rid of Gomez and Gionta, trade Kaberle for picks, tank and get a lotery pick and sign Parise to a ridiculous contract next summer :

Radulov-Statsny-Cole
Parise-Top pick-MaxPac
DD-Eller-Leblanc
Who cares-who cares-who cares

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
UFA-Diaz

Man, I've been smoking some good one...
WTF?

Plekanec for Radulov? How about not even in the ballpark.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
WTF?

Plekanec for Radulov? How about not even in the ballpark.
Have you even seen Radulov play?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:21 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Yeah, but pleks? I'd be surprised if Nashville asks for that much.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Yeah, but pleks? I'd be surprised if Nashville asks for that much.
They wouldn't cause they probably don't want that contract

Old
12-22-2011, 02:24 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Well I hope you're right, I can't wait for the Nordiques to come back so with can lose all of our **** fans to them!
This board will become VERY boring, then.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yes and I've also seen Plekanec play.

1-I wouldn't trade Plekanec straight up if both were in the NHL

2-rdaulov is in the KHL and he has to be convinced to come back so he won't have full value(50-70% at best).

If there are problems with this team Plekanec is not part of them, on most nights he is the best offensive AND defensive player on the team.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
What's wrong with Pleks' contract?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
He'd instantly become their best forward by a mile, I'm sure they'd take a guy like taht for 5 mil.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:29 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Yes and I've also seen Plekanec play.

1-I wouldn't trade Plekanec straight up if both were in the NHL

2-rdaulov is in the KHL and he has to be convinced to come back so he won't have full value(50-70% at best).

If there are problems with this team Plekanec is not part of them, on most nights he is the best offensive AND defensive player on the team.
Too much playing time = totally exhausted when playoffs come.

The guy is not built to support such a workload.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
He'd instantly become their best forward by a mile, I'm sure they'd take a guy like taht for 5 mil.
They work with a tighter budget, they need to sign Weber and Suter and can't afford to give a player like Pleks 5 million a year with 4 years left

Plekanec isn't a bad player, Nashville doesn't spend to the cap the way we do

Old
12-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
They work with a tighter budget, they need to sign Weber and Suter and can't afford to give a player like Pleks 5 million a year with 4 years left

Plekanec isn't a bad player, Nashville doesn't spend to the cap the way we do
I think they know they won't get both signed, they'll sign one and move the other. I expect them to sign Suter and trade Weber.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I think they know they won't get both signed, they'll sign one and move the other. I expect them to sign Suter and trade Weber.
And you think they would be better like that? I'd rather have both those D's then have 1 of them + Pleks

Old
12-22-2011, 03:00 PM
habitue*

Quote:
And you think they would be better like that? I'd rather have both those D's then have 1 of them + Pleks
I would trade Subban + A.K. + our own Weber + our 1st pick to get their Weber !

Old
12-22-2011, 03:16 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I would trade anything but Price, Subban, Eller or Pacioretty for him and this years first of course.

He is a true game breaking talent. But he'd command a lot if he came back to the NHL.
Eller really? Why do people overvalue him so much? Cause he can stick handle, he accomplishes nothing 3 goals 7 assists for 10 points(good for 284th in the league) his shooting % is 6.3 good for 411th in the league.I understand he is still young but this guy has never projected to be a scorer and in all likely hood will be a good 3rd line center. So you wouldn't trade him as a part of a Radulov trade? Is that you PG? The only player on the habs I would think about never trading is Price that's it.

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
They have a good group of young d-men plus Weber will end up with a ridiculous contract unless they sign him for 12 years. I think they can sign Suter cheaper 5.5-6 mil/year and he is just as good a player, more cerebral and less flashy.

Old
12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Eller really? Why do people overvalue him so much? Cause he can stick handle, he accomplishes nothing 3 goals 7 assists for 10 points(good for 284th in the league) his shooting % is 6.3 good for 411th in the league.I understand he is still young but this guy has never projected to be a scorer and in all likely hood will be a good 3rd line center. So you wouldn't trade him as a part of a Radulov trade? Is that you PG? The only player on the habs I would think about never trading is Price that's it.
He's young, he's cheap(next contract will only be about 1 mil/year) and he still has upside. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Radulov. Radulov was a 55-60 point NHLer, not a 100 point one.

Old
12-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
They have a good group of young d-men plus Weber will end up with a ridiculous contract unless they sign him for 12 years. I think they can sign Suter cheaper 5.5-6 mil/year and he is just as good a player, more cerebral and less flashy.
Not sure if you watch Weber but he would be worth his contract ans is still young. + like you said the longer the contract the more they would save on the cap hit which is the way they will go IMO

Old
12-22-2011, 04:37 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
3rd line minutes playing with players like darche and Moen + 0 PP time wat exactly are u expecting ? JM made him play D first,Eller has way more chances of becoming an impact center compared to someone like DD

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote