HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs sign Bournival to a three-year contract

Old
12-21-2011, 10:53 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
He and Gallagher are small by even World Junior standards, let alone NHL.
They are also the same ilk of player that Montreal is being unsuccessful using.

But thanks for quoting inflated height stats superfan, pure genius.
if the stats are inflated wouldnt they be by the same amount, and therefore he would be 2 inches taller then most, but hey being negative just like you were with Price helps everything right?

I know exactly your type, your overly pessimistic, and that way when you lose you can say see I told you so and when you win you can either a) pretend it didn't happen or b)be swallowed up in the celeberation. Either disagree with the team and face the people who disagree with that head on or stop hiding and face them head on like a man

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:55 PM
MJN79

Good for the kid, nice Christmas gift and should be fun to see him at the Junior Championships.

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
if the stats are inflated wouldnt they be by the same amount, and therefore he would be 2 inches taller then most, but hey being negative just like you were with Price helps everything right?

I know exactly your type, your overly pessimistic, and that way when you lose you can say see I told you so and when you win you can either a) pretend it didn't happen or b)be swallowed up in the celeberation. Either disagree with the team and face the people who disagree with that head on or stop hiding and face them head on like a man
I probably know your type because I've been on the internet for 17 years talking hockey with people of all knowledge levels, experience levels, and levels of grounding in reality.

This team doesn't need as much hard working 3rd liners that look good with their shirts off. They need talent at the top end, with scoring abilities.

Are you happy with the current team of puck cycling low octane players? Good, because it's gonna continue until someone gets fired and the cycle is broken.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:36 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
I probably know your type because I've been on the internet for 17 years talking hockey with people of all knowledge levels, experience levels, and levels of grounding in reality.

This team doesn't need as much hard working 3rd liners that look good with their shirts off. They need talent at the top end, with scoring abilities.

Are you happy with the current team of puck cycling low octane players? Good, because it's gonna continue until someone gets fired and the cycle is broken.
Or we **** ourselves(currently happening), draft Grigorenko, and the roster plays as it should have played this year, just now we have grigorenko.

And Jakt n Tan bournival...

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

A nice December for Bournival, for sure.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:06 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovehalgill View Post
A poor man's Jordan Staal
A short Jordan Staal...

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Tough to lose a towering d-man like O'Byrne but like I said at the time of the trade.....GOOD trade by Gauthier. Bournival will become a really really good serviceable in this league.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:18 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
A short Jordan Staal...
Dave Bolland is probably a better comparision. Anyway, congrats kid, well deserved.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
good to hear!

i like the fact no one is talking about how Gauthier traded o'byrne for a Quebecois player who is now playing in the WJC..

..and how no one is talking about how for 2 years straight the habs have drafted 2 highly rated Quebecois players in the first round..

look forward to seeing him in the tournament!
LeBlanc and ??

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:37 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
He and Gallagher are small by even World Junior standards, let alone NHL.
They are also the same ilk of player that Montreal is being unsuccessful using.

But thanks for quoting inflated height stats superfan, pure genius.
Weird cause ive actually met him before unlike you and considering
I'm as close to 6 feet as you can Get and hes taller then me so that's weird..guess his height stats are "inflated"

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:50 AM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
LeBlanc and ??
maybe referring to Beaulieu?

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
maybe referring to Beaulieu?

The guy was born in Ontario and grew up in New Brunswick? that's like saying we draft a lot of Canadian guys like Fischer, McDonagh and Kristo.

Old
12-22-2011, 08:51 AM
muzion

In preseason he looked ready for the NHL physically... he's a tank!

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:54 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
No surprise. I think Beaulieu still needs to be signed. Hopefully that announcement happens sometime after the WJC.

Kristo & Pateryn will be signed later this year, and maybe Quailer too.
We'll have to see if Kristo and Quailer want to turn pro since both can return to the NCAA next year, although I fully expect Kristo to turn pro and perhaps Quailer will as well with the way he's playing. Going to be strange if they have 8 rookies or more in Hamilton next year (Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Pateryn, Bournival, Gallagher, Kristo and Quailer) yikes that's a lot of rookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
good to hear!

i like the fact no one is talking about how Gauthier traded o'byrne for a Quebecois player who is now playing in the WJC..

..and how no one is talking about how for 2 years straight the habs have drafted 2 highly rated Quebecois players in the first round..

look forward to seeing him in the tournament!
I was a big O'B fan but thought the trade would be good for him as he didn't seem to have much confidence with us. The more I see Bournival though, the more I like the trade, very impressed as he works hard and plays well at both ends of the ice along with good physical tools.

3 of the Habs top 6 prospects are French speaking, can't remember the last time I could say that.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:38 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Good timing for this signing.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:11 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
LeBlanc and ??
Tinordi and Beaulieu apparently.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Roulin

Congrats MB, well deserved!

Quote:
I need more than to know the team has a supply of small 3rd liner puck cyclers coming up soon.

I'm headed for the liquor cabinet.
So, you are saying the Habs should not have signed Bournival? Not everything needs to be linked to the current struggles of the parent club.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
habitue*

I'm OK with the signing... But, the organization will have to address at some point the "size" (lack of) issue of this team. And Gallager, Kristo, Bournival, Leblanc, DD will have to be surrounded by some bigger bodies.

Hopefully, they gonna find solutions to get rid od Cammy, Gomez, Gionta down the road.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I'm OK with the signing... But, the organization will have to address at some point the "size" (lack of) issue of this team. And Gallager, Kristo, Bournival, Leblanc, DD will have to be surrounded by some bigger bodies.

Hopefully, they gonna find solutions to get rid od Cammy, Gomez, Gionta down the road.
The way I see things, the Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez contracts will have expired by the time Bournival and Kristo become big league regulars (if they both make it).

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Bournival and LeBlanc are both 6'. If they fill out to 195-200lbs by 22, they'll be NHL average for size.

Kristo is 5'11", same height as Crosby Krejci Giroux Plekanec not exactly a smurf.

By the time most of those guys arrive Cammy and Gionta will be in their final year(13-14) or gone.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:40 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Bournival and LeBlanc are both 6'. If they fill out to 195-200lbs by 22, they'll be NHL average for size.

Kristo is 5'11", same height as Crosby Krejci Giroux Plekanec not exactly a smurf.

By the time most of those guys arrive Cammy and Gionta will be in their final year(13-14) or gone.
Don't tell me we will have to live with these two , two or 3 more seasons...

Old
12-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Don't tell me we will have to live with these two , two or 3 more seasons...
Why is that so hard on you?

Old
12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Congrats MB, well deserved!

So, you are saying the Habs should not have signed Bournival? Not everything needs to be linked to the current struggles of the parent club.
Strange argument. This is a player Gauthier traded for. So I expect there to be addressing of current or anticipated concerns. The player is scouted to have a ceiling of 3rd line NHL talent.

Gauthier trades but can't seem to translate assets into anything the team needs. Bournival will be the next Lapierre who was thrown away needlessly with an undervalued return. There is nothing brilliant here that helps the team.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Why is that so hard on you?
Yes. I cannot stand them anymore... What a waste of cap space !

Old
12-22-2011, 03:11 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Strange argument. This is a player Gauthier traded for. So I expect there to be addressing of current or anticipated concerns. The player is scouted to have a ceiling of 3rd line NHL talent.

Gauthier trades but can't seem to translate assets into anything the team needs. Bournival will be the next Lapierre who was thrown away needlessly with an undervalued return. There is nothing brilliant here that helps the team.
Lapierre and Bournival are two completely different players. First of all, lapierre was traded because he was useless for us. He was not doing the things that we needed him to do, and he was having a pout about the coach not "using him correctly." I don't think Bournival has the same personality at all.

Second of all, O'Byrne was doing nothing for us.

Third of all, Bournival has actually showed pretty tremendous development offensively this year. 15 goals in 16 games.

I'm not sure what you wanted for O'Byrne? Did you want Kuznetsov for O'Byrne, or what? Habs do need an offensive game breaker, and we may just get one this year: but every move that does not give us an offensive game breaker is not a bad one.

In fact, this move was very good. If gainey had done moves like these with our UFA's in 08-09, we'd be 10x better off.

The habs have a lot of players that you win with, we do however need a forward that you win "because of."

NotProkofievian is online now   Reply With Quote