HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Alexei Emelin Thread

Old
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I fully expect them to go with the same lineup. "hey, we scored last game! why change it?"

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 09:21 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
3 games for Campoli.

3 defensive zone travesties on GWG goals.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Exactly.

Emelin has had a lot of great games, but he's had his fair share of poor games as well. I'm sure he knew he'd get spot playing time for his first year. And honestly, if he bolts back to Russia because of it - his heart wasn't really into it anyway.

I like Emelin and hope he's around for a long-time. But I also think Diaz helps the transition much more, while also being a bit better positionally. We do miss the Emelin factor, but the only defenseman I'd scratch over him for sure is Gill. Maybe Campoli, but I'm not sure.
I'd rather we'd have not made the panic move for Kaberle. Why are we letting one of our younger players who's shown promise rot on the bench?

Sorry, but Kaberle does nothing for us getting to a cup. Why are we going the patchwork fix route when we know it doesn't lead anywhere? It's all about short term gains and reactive moves with us.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:15 AM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
I'm a huge fan of Emelin and I want him to play, but I think it's a good idea to keep a little perspective about this.

At this time last year, Subban was coming off a few healthy scratches and scratched again before Christmas. Things can change a lot before a season ends, whether it's due to injuries, illness, slumps, player movement or a combination of the above. Emelin will get his chance soon.
Emelin's situation and Subban's situation are very different. Firstly, Subban wasn't scratched nearly as many times as Emelin, and the season's not even over.

Before last season, Subban was given the start treatment and was pretty much touted as being our franchise d-man. He was getting out of hand with his fancy play and needed to be cooled down.

Emelin's role on the team, however, is far less defined. His spot on the future roster isn't set in stone like Subban's. Emelin could me making a lot more money, with a lot more playing time in his HOME COUNTRY, and if this organization doesn't give him a reason to stay, then he'll just split to Russia next season and it'll be yet another young Hab lost because of management. Why would he want to stay on a team with some kind of anti-toughness agenda? The Habs don't have to treat Subban the same way because they're grooming him to be a franchise player and he knows it.

Hell, there's even a chance that a desperate enough team offers him more money/playing time, and all they'd have to give up is a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:39 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Emelin = Lidstrom on here. It's funny how some would rather Subban sit over him.

Also, I'd play Campoli. People try so hard to find someone to blame or put a loss on, it's annoying. Campoli is a solid Dman. He's a 4/5 guy. At this point he brings more than Emelin.
yeah, we saw that tonight

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Atas2000

Keep losing, guys. Just keep losing. The way Emelin is treated by this team is just ridiculous. The russian factor seems to be quite different from what the media is talking about. NA coaches just can't discover their trust to a russian player who is actually no rookie. He has already won two cups in Russia. But this doesn't count for anything in Canada, right? Keep losing...

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:29 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
He ain't lyin'. Campoli brings Yakupov.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:34 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
I'll be sure to up this when Emelin has a bad game. I guess that's how things work around here.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

If the team doesn't start winning soon Emelin will get tons of ice time because guys like Campoli and Gill will get moved.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Keep losing, guys. Just keep losing. The way Emelin is treated by this team is just ridiculous. The russian factor seems to be quite different from what the media is talking about. NA coaches just can't discover their trust to a russian player who is actually no rookie. He has already won two cups in Russia. But this doesn't count for anything in Canada, right? Keep losing...
Yeah, I'm sure Habs coaching staff wakes up in the morning telling themselves "I wanna lose today, so I'll bench Emelin".

I don't understand why all minor/amateur teams in Quebec's leagues are not always winning. We have so many people that know who to play and how to play better than actual NHL coaches and former players.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:13 AM
KirkMuller93

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I'll be sure to up this when Emelin has a bad game. I guess that's how things work around here.

Campoli should be placed on Waivers ASAP, he is not part of this teams future, we all know he will not be signed in the off season and they gave up nothing to get him. There really is no point in keeping this guy especially benching Emelin over him.

I dont know how u can actually say that Campoli is a Solid D Man. Very soft and just so weak defensively

KirkMuller93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Cunney has the same problem Martin had: winning now and to Hell with the youngsters. I think it would be the perfect time to groom the youngster and let them make mistakes. I'd rather see these guys that any overpaid guy we may had. Gauthier should man up and say to Cunneyworth to play the kids and trade or waive a few big contracts.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:33 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkMuller93 View Post
Campoli should be placed on Waivers ASAP, he is not part of this teams future, we all know he will not be signed in the off season and they gave up nothing to get him. There really is no point in keeping this guy especially benching Emelin over him.

I dont know how u can actually say that Campoli is a Solid D Man. Very soft and just so weak defensively
Did you see his sprawling act on that goal last night? LOL-
that D last night was softer than Ritas supple Breasts!!

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Aurel Joliat

5 or 6 years ago, when we lost a 2 games in a row, there were changes in the line-up for the next game. They tried to create something.

Right now we have 4 losts in a row and nobody deserve to sit for Emelin ? Come on.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
kassian

I'm just wondering. Why does Campoli deserve to play over Emelin? The guy comes back from a concussion, plays like **** (the 3 game-winning goals by the opposite squad is arguably all on him), yet he still plays? I mean, what do coaches see that, we, fans don't? Isn't it quite clear that Campoli has been terrible the last few games. Why do you keep playing a guy that obviously won't be back next season over a guy who, by his own will, decided to come over to North-America even though he was a freaking star in the KHL. I think Emelin realizes that it's now an error, considering he can't get the least bit of respect from the coaching staff.

Actually, put Campoli aside. Gill has been ****ing terrible since the beginning of the season, Subban is playing like a pile of doodoo, Diaz's horrid defense is covered by his 2 goals and multiple assists, Kaberle's soft as a butterscotch but considering he's the ''savior of the PP'' he won't sit. Only Gorges has been a good defenseman.

Emelin's going back to Russia next year, book it. But why would you blame him? Good job wasting the talent, Canadiens organization. That puts him alongside Grabovski, D'Agostini, Kostitsyn, Ribeiro...

I'm so tired of this laughing stock of a team. No wonder we haven't won anything since years. It's all the same **** every year: inking injury-prone players, inking soft small players, no size, no character, no heart, quick-fixes in the middle of the season that put us in a worse position than we were. As long as we have Gomez, Gionta, Suckalleri on this roster, we'll never accomplish anything special. Fire pretty much everyone from top to bottom and establish a new philosophy inside this organization.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Not that it makes any difference, but just because I've seen it mentioned several times: Campoli had a leg injury, not a concussion.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It might look like a concussion because he is legitimately stupid on the ice. But no, that's just how bad he is at hockey.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:34 PM
MJN79

If there ever was a time to let Emelin play and commit errors its now, he can't be worse than Campoli, that's for sure. We are a fan base that can understand, we would rather have rookie make mistakes than veteran players. Considering we are free falling at the moment, how much can it hurt to give Emelin a shot, he has been quiet on the sidelines, not complaining, reward the kid for his patience.

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJN79 View Post
If there ever was a time to let Emelin play and commit errors its now, he can't be worse than Campoli, that's for sure. We are a fan base that can understand, we would rather have rookie make mistakes than veteran players. Considering we are free falling at the moment, how much can it hurt to give Emelin a shot, he has been quiet on the sidelines, not complaining, reward the kid for his patience.
I'd love to see the ****storm it would cause if Emelin complained to the media

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
MJN79

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'd love to see the ****storm it would cause if Emelin complained to the media
I guess it would technically be his interpreter complaining on his behalf, but probably Gauthier forbid him to talk to media as well.

MJN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:07 PM
eklund the clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJN79 View Post
I guess it would technically be his interpreter complaining on his behalf, but probably Gauthier forbid him to talk to media as well.
Maybe Gauthier is stupid enough to trade him after the freeze is over and thats why he's not playing

eklund the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
LeMAD

The thing about Emelin...he's not good.

Yeah the other aren't great either, but it's hard to feel there's some kind of injustice behind this since the guy is not a defensive top-6 caliber player.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

Yeah the other aren't great either, but it's hard to feel there's some kind of injustice behind this since the guy is not a defensive top-6 caliber player.

If you're really serious...

No you can't..

Very funny

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:46 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:

Not good? Did you even watch the games? He's not great... he certainly not bad.

I agree that playing on the right side, did not help him at all but saying he's bad, that is just ridiculous.

I would also like to note that Gill and Campoli, aside from being veterans, bring NOTHING. Actually I like Gill, but he's been playing bad. Campoli, just, I don't even know how to explain, how truly useless he is. I can't understand why he's there.

I don't see injustice towards Emelin, I see injustice towards me, because I have to watch Campoli who doesn't really hit, shoot on net, or is not even really sound defensively and was useless on the PP when I could be at least watching Emelin hit somebody. While at it, when things are going bad in a game, a big hit can help get the team back on track. We don't have a player that does that. Sometimes Subban can do it, but I haven't seen him do it much this season.

Anyway I just wanted to clarify that I don't see it as an injustice against Emelin. I just don't understand what Gill and Campoli have over Emelin. It's not speed, offensive instinct, physicality or even first passes.

Whatever, for the first time since 1984, I'm starting to just not give a crap. Something needs to happen to make this team more fun to watch because, right now, I'm watching out of habit more than out of actually wanting to watch.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Andros777

Quote:

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote