HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Old
12-22-2011, 05:41 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Eller really? Why do people overvalue him so much? Cause he can stick handle, he accomplishes nothing 3 goals 7 assists for 10 points(good for 284th in the league) his shooting % is 6.3 good for 411th in the league.I understand he is still young but this guy has never projected to be a scorer and in all likely hood will be a good 3rd line center. So you wouldn't trade him as a part of a Radulov trade? Is that you PG? The only player on the habs I would think about never trading is Price that's it.
Just like Pleks was going to be a 3rd line center, hey? Let the kid develop. He's already a good 3rd line center at the age of 22. In case you didn't know, that's ahead of where Pleks was in his development.

If you traded a Patches, or Subban, or indeed Eller for Radulov that's just taking 1 step forward and 1 step back. The only guy we can realistically think about trading is Cammi. He's the only one who has value to everyone else, but doesn't seem to be working for us here.

Eller's part of the picture moving forward.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Soundgarden

The thing people always forget with Radulov is that when/if he comes back he has to play one year for 975k. If he hasn't lost a step in his game as a player in his mid 20's he'll be a 60-80 point scorer, which Nashville doesn't have. We hold all the cards right now, we will just wait until he comes over instead of getting a pick you hope will turn out to be as good as he is.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's young, he's cheap(next contract will only be about 1 mil/year) and he still has upside. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Radulov. Radulov was a 55-60 point NHLer, not a 100 point one.

Uh, in 2007-08, Radulov's last season in the NHL, he scored 26 goals and 58 points...as a 21-year-old! I suppose that makes him a career "55-60 point NHLer" (not that that wouldn't place him in 1st or 2nd place pretty much every year on the Habs' roster). To get some perspective, Lars Eller, the player you "wouldn't trade straight-up for Radulov", a player I like a great deal, had a grand total of 17 points last year...as a 21-year-old.

I think Radulov has the potential to be a top 10 scorer. 80 points a season does not seem out of reach. Add to that, Radulov is a consistent "plus" player, often extravagantly so.

6'1"...205 pounds. Nah, what would we do with a player like that anyway?

Last edited by Sam I Am: 12-22-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Uh, in 2007-08, Radulov's last season in the NHL, he scored 26 goals and 58 points...as a 21-year-old! I suppose that makes him a career "55-60 point NHLer" (not that that wouldn't place him in 1st or 2nd place pretty much every year on the Habs' roster). To get some perspective, Lars Eller, the player you "wouldn't trade straight-up for Radulov", a player I like a great deal, had a grand total of 17 points last year...as a 21-year-old.

I think Radulov has the potential to be a top 10 scorer. 80 points a season does not seem out of reach. Add to that, Radulov is a consistent "plus" player, often extravagantly so.

6'1"...205 pounds. Nah, what would we do with a player like that anyway?
It's still a player who ran home when things didn't go his way and there is no guarantee he would report here. with risk comes a reduced price. If Nashville wants to hold out for big return they can sit on him for another 10 years and get nothing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
It's still a player who ran home when things didn't go his way and there is no guarantee he would report here. with risk comes a reduced price. If Nashville wants to hold out for big return they can sit on him for another 10 years and get nothing.
The risk you refer to is the only reason we can even dream of acquiring a player of his ilk. I like Eller but I don't see him blossoming into a scoring leader anytime soon. If we don't swing for the fences and try for a star player we will be destined to have our team led by the Gionta, Gomez, and Cammaleris of the hockey world. Good players (yes, even Gomez) at times but not the cream of the league.

I'd argue that it's certainly worth Eller if we have a reasonable shot at getting Radulov back in the NHL. To be blunt, Eller alone for that chance would be a bargain.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The risk you refer to is the only reason we can even dream of acquiring a player of his ilk. I like Eller but I don't see him blossoming into a scoring leader anytime soon. If we don't swing for the fences and try for a star player we will be destined to have our team led by the Gionta, Gomez, and Cammaleris of the hockey world. Good players (yes, even Gomez) at times but not the cream of the league.

I'd argue that it's certainly worth Eller if we have a reasonable shot at getting Radulov back in the NHL. To be blunt, Eller alone for that chance would be a bargain.
Just because Eller may never be a top 10 scorer doesn't make him garbage. Also, I'm not convinced Radulov is much of a team player he is all about his contract, his stats and getting attention for himself.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Just because Eller may never be a top 10 scorer doesn't make him garbage. Also, I'm not convinced Radulov is much of a team player he is all about his contract, his stats and getting attention for himself.
I never said he was garbage. I like him. It was you that started talking stats, not me. So I pointed out that Rad's 58 points dwarf Eller's 17. Not even close.

I feel the Habs need a big time player. See any others around? Radulov has that big time quality--in a big package. And looking at his plus/minus year after year, he must be doing something right for his teams. If he is really on the table, I would ante up.

Last edited by Sam I Am: 12-22-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old
12-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I never said he was garbage. I like him. I just feel the Habs need a big time player. See any others around?
Yep he wears #31. Maybe #76, 79 and 67 will be pretty good too.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Yep he wears #31. Maybe #76, 79 and 67 will be pretty good too.
Price is a good starting point. PK and Pacciorety are also solid building blocks. Nobody really knows whether Markov will ever play again let alone how he will play if this endless layoff draws to a close.

We need more scoring up front. Bigger players too. Even with all those guys you mention. It's not enough. And I don't see much coming down the pike...except a whole lot of defencemen.

Whither the scoring forward?

Old
12-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Price is a good starting point. PK and Pacciorety are also solid building blocks. Nobody really knows whether Markov will ever play again let alone how he will play if this endless layoff draws to a close.

We need more scoring up front. Bigger players too. Even with all those guys you mention. It's not enough. And I don't see much coming down the pike...except a whole lot of defencemen.

Whither the scoring forward?
#2 and 3 scorers are 6'2" 210lbs. AK has 10 goals 215lbs Also have Moen and Eller playing top 9. I have never heard of the NHL taking away goals or points because a player or team was below a certain size.

Old
12-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
#2 and 3 scorers are 6'2" 210lbs. AK has 10 goals 215lbs Also have Moen and Eller playing top 9. I have never heard of the NHL taking away goals or points because a player or team was below a certain size.
The Habs are doing so well with their fabulous top 9 that they are currently 24th in the league in goals per game.

Can a Stanley Cup be far away?

Old
12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
JFB

Quote:
I'm not convinced Radulov is much of a team player he is all about his contract, his stats and getting attention for himself.
Just like 30% of professional athletes .

If you can get a Radulov for cheap, you jump on him. Can't believe what I'm reading.

JFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Eller really? Why do people overvalue him so much? Cause he can stick handle, he accomplishes nothing 3 goals 7 assists for 10 points(good for 284th in the league) his shooting % is 6.3 good for 411th in the league.I understand he is still young but this guy has never projected to be a scorer and in all likely hood will be a good 3rd line center. So you wouldn't trade him as a part of a Radulov trade? Is that you PG? The only player on the habs I would think about never trading is Price that's it.
Sorry pet peeve of mine but what the hell does shooting % have to do with anything. Hell you could talk about Shots per game but a low shooting % just suggest that he should produce more as it regresses to the mean. Unless you think Moen's 23.5 % means he is one of the best shooter in the league.

As for Radulov if he doesn't want to play in Nashville the price shouldn't be that high (but that's what I tought about Turris so you never know). Pretty hard value to gauge. Would love to get him but wouldn't overpay considering the risks.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Ok well, we didn't get Roy but,we got Radulov there now for the taking.
Can Radu become a Habs? the answer is a now a bigtime YES.
Mr Bergevin/Dudley get on the phone with Nashville,at least kick tires please.
Just as i speculated ,we can pick up his rights this year.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...predators.html

Quote:
Alexander Radulov's second stint with the Nashville Predators will go in the books as lasting just 17 regular season and playoff games, according to a report.

Nashville general manager David Poile told The Tennessean that the club won't be signing the restricted free agent to another contract.Another NHL club could work out a trade for the talented but unpredictable forward until July 1, at which point he'd become an unrestricted free agent

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-06-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't know how an NHL team can compete with the KHL for Radulov. He seems like he's all about the money (and IMHO that is totally fair and no knock on him), so if a KHL team offers him $5M at 13% tax, he'd still be taking home more than $4M after taxes. For him to beat that in Montreal... isn't that going to be like an $8M contract? He's good and all, but I don't know that we (or any other NHL team) can really afford to go that far out on the salary limb for him?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Ok well, we didn't get Roy but,we got Radulov there now for the taking.
Can Radu become a Habs? the answer is a now a bigtime YES.
Mr Bergevin/Dudley get on the phone with Nashville,at least kick tires please.
Just as i speculated ,we can pick up his rights this year.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...predators.html
If he can play LW on our second line and Therrien can impart some of that "work ethic" on the guy, why the hell not?

Would make it that much more tolerable should the Habs decide to draft a defenceman

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:35 AM
SaskRinkRat

Don't want him anyway. The only big name free agents worth pursuing this year are Suter and Parise, and it's unlikely we'd get either even with an overpayment.

Best to aim for the second tier guys.

SaskRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:37 AM
llamateizer

dont want hime more than 3.5 millions

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:38 AM
PricePkPatch

The advantage Radulov would gain by playing for an NHL team is obvious.

Sign him 2 years (remaining RFA time), 5 millions/year. After that, he will be UFA and will have shown he could play strong in the NHL. He will be able to cash in big in any other team.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't know how an NHL team can compete with the KHL for Radulov. He seems like he's all about the money (and IMHO that is totally fair and no knock on him), so if a KHL team offers him $5M at 13% tax, he'd still be taking home more than $4M after taxes. For him to beat that in Montreal... isn't that going to be like an $8M contract? He's good and all, but I don't know that we (or any other NHL team) can really afford to go that far out on the salary limb for him?
Then why did he just come back to NHL?
As i said in this post months ago, his future is not in Nashville,never was.
His heart IMHO is in Quebec or KHL ...take your pick .He now got himself in position to go to Quebec .

Here's how it's gonna be, Nashville will trade his rights, and if Radu likes the team he will stay NHL...I got to think he KNOWS QUEBEC , he knows he's a instant rock star here.....

Marc Bergervin if ya want to take some heat off yourself for the Therrien hire,then get Radulov, a lot of fan pressure will go away very fast.....

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-06-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old
06-06-2012, 10:46 AM
29dryden29

No thanks

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
No thanks
go remind the Leafs about Grabovski in Montreal.

try to offer them a 2nd rounder for him ...

You'll get the same two words you used in your post.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
As i said in this post months ago, his future is not in Nashville,never was.
His heart IMHO is in Quebec or KHL ...take your pick .He now got himself in position to go to Quebec .

Here's how it's gonna be, Nashville will trade his rights, and if Radu likes the team he will stay NHL...I got to think he KNOWS QUEBEC , he knows he's a instant rock star here.....

Marc Bergervin if want to take some heat off yourself for the Therrien hire,then get Radulov a lot of fan pressure will go away very fast.....
his season was finished with Ufa Salavat
so he could finish his last year contract in the NHL.
thats why he returned. he wanted to expire his last year, otherwise, he wouldve done it next season

not really

it depend what and how much you pay for him

trade a 32nd overall pick (devils voiding their 1st pick) for him would be a decent price

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
not really

it depend what and how much you pay for him

trade a 32nd overall pick (devils voiding their 1st pick) for him would be a decent price
Nashville is in a poor dealing position.

All Radulov got to say is from example, trade my rights to Montreal only or i go back to KHL ....
Then Montreal says ok here's a mid round pick etc,why should we pay up big ?

Radulov is in the driver seat here....If Nashville deals his rights to a team against his wishes , he just goes to KHL until next year when he is NHL ufa....What team is goona be crazy enough to offer Nashville a high pick to watch him not come to there town??? lol

Old
06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
His KHL season was over, he just got "free money" to play a few games for Nashville. And most importantly burn off his ELC. Dunno if Nashville will qualify him to retain his rights or not, but his return this year was a great way to keep his options open and advance him closer to UFA status. The KHL might not *always* be able to offer him more money than the NHL. Coming over got him out of the commitment to Nashville, so whatever happens down the road, he will have more options available. It was basically a no-brainer to come back to the NHL for this little cameo.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote