Notices

CBC Jets games in HD?

Old
12-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Zhamnov10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
I'm wondering if the signal is only able to be picked up via antena within Winnipeg, or if all the CBC towers across the province are capable of repeating the HD signal as well.
unfortunately you can only pick up the hd signal from the winnipeg tower.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
I'm wondering if the signal is only able to be picked up via antena within Winnipeg, or if all the CBC towers across the province are capable of repeating the HD signal as well.
You should be able to pick up CBC with an antenna in Winnipeg, and within a certain sized radius outside of Winnipeg. But if you're living in Thompson or The Pas, you won't have the digital HD signal. Maybe some day, (probably not) but not at this time anyways. The farther from Winnipeg you are, the better and higher placed antenna you'll need. But past a certain distance no sized antenna will help.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

Bell customer in the Peg suburbs and I just picked this up: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...?EdpNo=4361733

I'm hoping it works for me.

I hate to pay for this since I'm paying a fortune for Bell to begin with. *sigh* But, I can't stand around and watch the Jets on HNIC in SD while I wait for something to happen...

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:58 PM
toddphils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draward View Post
where do i buy that? and is it hard to setup?

thanks so much ,, this jets game against the wings in non hd is really ugly.. ew

http://www.cbc.radio-canada.ca/dtv/Winnipeg_CBC.shtml

That link shows you the coverage.

It's really easy to set up. I have a Samsung TV and i hooked the antenna into the old cable, antenna slot at the back of the tv and then in the tv Menu i switched antenna to Air and selected channel 27 and viola there it was. I got the Nexxtech antenna from the Source for $25. I pointed it towards Portage and Main. I tried hooking it up to the Bell receiver and i was able to get the channel but the signal strength wasn't as reliable. Hooking it right into the TV provides a flawless picture so i switched back.

toddphils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Roooski

vCash: 50
Something else to add.....if you have Bell please be sure to call them and lodge a complaint about not having the CBC HD manitoba feed. They are aware the channel is in high demand in both MB and SK so I highly recommend complaining as the more complaints that are lodged the more tickets will be opened. This won't fix things immediately but every single person matters.

I personally have called every saturday the Jets play on CBC and lodged a complaint.

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

I want to thank CBC for once again blacking out the game for NHL gamecenter subscribers, so us out of market fans are forced to stream it from CBC's garbage website which lags constantly.

Good thing us little people of canada don't get to vote on how much funding from tax dollars go to prop up that piece of dog ****.

razorsedge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddphils View Post
I tried hooking it up to the Bell receiver and i was able to get the channel but the signal strength wasn't as reliable. Hooking it right into the TV provides a flawless picture so i switched back.
If you want the most reliable signal strength, install a rooftop antenna even if you're in the city.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Bell customer in the Peg suburbs and I just picked this up: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...?EdpNo=4361733

I'm hoping it works for me.

I hate to pay for this since I'm paying a fortune for Bell to begin with. *sigh* But, I can't stand around and watch the Jets on HNIC in SD while I wait for something to happen...
I live half an hour from winnipeg in a low spot with alot of trees,i bought a $15 dollar tv top antenna from xscargo plugged it into the back of my satellite scanned for channels and the 6 over the air channels are on my bell guide works great.actually the signal strength was better for me through the sat as compared to directly to the tv and i am able to pvr the games that way.no use spending a lot of money bell will get the channel shortly.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
NHL 96

I'm using this antenna from monoprice. I have in inside by my TV, in central Winnipeg.

CBC is coming through very well. I'm also getting Global, French CBC, and JoyTV. Can't get CityTV or CTV.

NHL 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Trigger15

Damn it all. I can't believe I'm going to have to watch the return of Selanne to Winnipeg in crappy SD because the CBC Winnipeg HD hasn't been made available to 'timeshift' Telus Optik TV in Calgary.

Total ****in bs that I have 4 HD CBC channels and every single one of them is showing the Nucklehead vs Laffs game.

Trigger15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL 96 View Post
I'm using this antenna from monoprice. I have in inside by my TV, in central Winnipeg.

CBC is coming through very well. I'm also getting Global, French CBC, and JoyTV. Can't get CityTV or CTV.
Your antenna may be a uhf only antenna,citytv and ctv are broadcasting over vhf.Like i said in a previous post i have a cheapo tv top antenna and live in the country and I get all 6 channels citytv is weak though.

Old
12-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Your antenna may be a uhf only antenna,citytv and ctv are broadcasting over vhf.Like i said in a previous post i have a cheapo tv top antenna and live in the country and I get all 6 channels citytv is weak though.
I have cable but I also have a channel master antenna. OTA CBC HD comes in clearer than cable HD CBC. Alas I live in Toronto, so there is no hope for me watching the Jets game tonight. I really would have loved to see this game.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:38 PM
thom13

here's my antenna. totals cost $4.00

wife's a little pissed about the cookie sheet though . . .

p.s. OTA HD will always come in clearer than through your cable as the signals are compressed for cable.

thom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom13 View Post
here's my antenna. totals cost $4.00

wife's a little pissed about the cookie sheet though . . .

p.s. OTA HD will always come in clearer than through your cable as the signals are compressed for cable.
LMAO, that is one awesome antenna man.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Does anyone know when the next Jets game will be broadcast nationally, and on what Channels?

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:17 PM
thom13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Does anyone know when the next Jets game will be broadcast nationally, and on what Channels?
like tonight? on HNIC?

Old
12-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom13 View Post
like tonight? on HNIC?
It's not being aired nationally, only regionally.

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:39 PM
thom13

ah got ya. TSN games left are Jan 4 and Feb 17 I think

Old
12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Tarks
True North

vCash: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Jan 4, TSN (Habs)
Jan 14, CBC (Devils)
Feb 5, CBC (Habs)
Feb 17, TSN (Bruins)
Feb 25, CBC (Blues)
Mar 28, TSN (Rangers)

Tarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

What the frig? How is it possible I am getting CBC French OTA but can't get CBC English? I'm also getting Global too but I can't get the channel I bought this antenna for. *sigh*

Is CBCW down? I've done 3 scans. I thought both english and french CBC were broadcast from same location? If so, I've obviously pointed the antenna correctly.

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
SonicBoom

I bought a cheapo antenna on ebay for a buck. I scanned and only get 2 channels:

CBC - channel 27
Global - channel 40

I am on Bell and only need CBC for games when not in HD, so I am happy.

SonicBoom is offline   Reply With Quote