HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The leafs have called up Darryl Boyce

Old
12-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Auzzie19

vCash: 500
*edit: deleted

Last edited by Auzzie19: 12-20-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
NBLeafster

I haven't beed on the boards to post in ages , but i have to say boyce in for dupuis is what I've been waiting for all season long , i think dupuis was given too much credit because he was an off season signing . This move improves our GA right away ! I'm Pumped .

NBLeafster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
ECanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Kadri still in the minors and rightfully so, Boyce will provide the elements required to keep us headed towards a playoff game. Unless Kadri is secretly a phenomenal penalty killer (hint, he's not) then this is the right move. We aren't losing games because we can't score goals, and since that's all Kadri brings to the table (which is comical to say given his numbers in the NHL so far, but absolutely true) he should stay in the minors. Wilson has this team headed for the playoffs, it has been a long time since we've been in the top 8 of the east late in december. I'll trust his coaching decisions over anything the turds on this board have to say.
I'd take Kadri just for the fact he is good against Boston, Buffalo and Ottawa.

I trust Wilson to say: "Let's GO" every now and then.

Wilson is using the top six more for the PK. Perfect time to bring up Kadri. You gonna love this kid. He is going to be great.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 11:08 PM
ECanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Adding Kadri to this lineup would seriously cripple us defensively. Boyce is the man for the job without question. Kadri will probably get his chance as a late season call up if he's still with the team after the deadline. Let him be hungry for a while and let him earn it.
We are in our defensive zone most of the game. hint hint Imma get at you dog!

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:25 AM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
No but everyone you just mentioned is significantly better in the defensive end than Kadri. Thing about Kadri is that he could help us but he could also really hurt us as well.

I think a lot of people are letting our quick start blind the real skill level of this team. We are normalizing now and are going to spend the rest of the year battling. There will be roster moves to better the team but they will be bigger than rushing your best prospect. That is the one thing we should avoid at all costs. Kadri is almost ready, almost.
have you watched any games this year? This team doesn't play defense at all. They play a run and gun prefect for kadri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed14 View Post
I personally don't like that line but point taken. Keep in mind that Army's spot also includes the PK. Hopefully Boyce can help although I am not so sure. Kadri would be useless on the PK though in all honesty
You mean our last place Pk right? Out doesn't matter who's out there Wilson can't coach the Pk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
I have a hard time believing Kadri was the answer to what ailed the Leafs in the 2nd period last night. Maybe he could have scored in the Shootout, but that's a crapshoot anyway.
Because Boyce would definitely be the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I'm sorry, but taking shots at one of our better forwards of late just shows how your goldenboy Kadri bias disallows 20/20 eyesight, or does this ROOKIE have a higher bar than "no goals" Nazem did last year?

Like I said earlier, every pro, former coaches, players, analysts have really liked Frattin's play of late(you didn't take up my challenge, so clearly you agree), but here we have some dude in his basement named Zeke who really knows what time it is.

Funny. BTW, you'd have some credibility if you could at least acknowledge improved play, rather than just the usual "he stole my guy's reserved spot" routine you've been on and on and on and on and on about since October.

Frattin is making a fool out of you, game by game....
Kadri is better then frattin so I don't know where you're going with this

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:31 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by philer Bozel View Post
have you watched any games this year? This team doesn't play defense at all. They play a run and gun prefect for kadri.

You mean our last place Pk right? Out doesn't matter who's out there Wilson can't coach the Pk.

Because Boyce would definitely be the answer.

Kadri is better then frattin so I don't know where you're going with this
This is priceless. I love it!!

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 07:31 AM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Looking at this Roster we have now those prospects may as well be getting NHL time. We don't have much other choice. I don't really care how great the team is this year but I want them to improve the PK and at least push for a playoff spot.

Colborne + Kadri = Should be on the team right now.
Frattin = Should be playing with them. (The Kid line)

My personal theory is that if they start now working together in the NHL they could move up in the future. They should be learning defensive strategies in the NHL right now anyways. Need to improve the two way game but Wilson has no defensive strategy so maybe a bad idea...

*pondering
This!

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
eyeball11

Huh...took Boyce all of 4:12 to do what Dupuis hasn't been able to do all season...help create some offense!

* I know he didn't get a point but he played a role in that.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote