HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Pronger did not cost you one of the best prospects in the world, but a pretty good one in Smid, Lupul who is a good roster player, but nothing special, and picks. That is not what is being demanded in here.
Pronger demanded a trade. Lupul at the time was very highly rated and called a future 45 goal scorer. Search the trade. Edmonton also got two first round picks, and this was all for a guy Edmonton HAD to trade. Getzlaf is not demanding a trade.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:22 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
And that's your opinion, but where is the precedent for teams paying that price. There isn't because teams to pay that much for a player.
don't pay that much for a player.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Pronger did not cost you one of the best prospects in the world, but a pretty good one in Smid, Lupul who is a good roster player, but nothing special, and picks. That is not what is being demanded in here.
Lupul was the deal. You forget he was a former top 10 pick and coming off a rookie year and had scored 4 goals in 1 playoff game like a month before. He wasnt just a roster player.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:23 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Pick 2 of the following forwards and add Pietrangelo

Oshie
Backes
Steen
Berglund
Stewart
Perron
You can't be serious. I don't think I'd trade Pietrangelo for Getzlaf straight up. (As an aside, a pairing of Fowler-Pietrangelo for 15 years would be sick).

Anyway, the Getzlaf situation is looking eerily similar to the Thornton situation a few years back. Thornton in his prime signed to a contract landed a young top-6 winger, a good young top-4 defenseman, and a third-liner. From the Blues, something like Perron, Shattenkirk, and D'Agostini would fit that bill. I don't think the Ducks would get much more considering Thornton was having a good season already when that happened and was one of the best players in the NHL at that time, if not the best.

Old
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Given the "cultural climate in Quebec" (Not Habsville) I wonder what a trade of:

Subban+Leblanc = Bobby Ryan trade would elicit?

Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Pronger demanded a trade. Lupul at the time was very highly rated and called a future 45 goal scorer. Search the trade. Edmonton also got two first round picks, and this was all for a guy Edmonton HAD to trade. Getzlaf is not demanding a trade.
There still is no precedent of a team paying the price that is demanded.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Niity's situation sucks. I wish the best for him wherever he goes.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Static

Quote:
There still is no precedent of a team paying the price that is demanded.
That's what you keep saying, and then you list a bunch of players that were traded under completely different circumstances.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:26 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Lupul was the deal. You forget he was a former top 10 pick and coming off a rookie year and had scored 4 goals in 1 playoff game like a month before. He wasnt just a roster player.
I said he was a good roster player. He had 11 points in 16 playoff games, which for a rookie is very good, but it is not as good as you are making it out to be.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:27 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

I think the Calgary Flames will make the best offer and this offer gets it done. Getzlaf will be a Flame.

Calgary Flames offer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P64ikwUSs0A

Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
That's what you keep saying, and then you list a bunch of players that were traded under completely different circumstances.
Then name players that were traded at astronomical prices and Pronger is not one of them.

Old
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Could Washington throw a package like:

Kuznetov
Johansson
COL 1st

Would that be accepted? That's two top-six centres, and what is likely a top-5 pick.

Old
Exit Dose

Quote:
You act as though Berglund, Schwartz, 1st, and a 2nd/Rattie/McRae is a terrible offer.

Berglund has already scored 50 points and has a lot more potential.

Schwartz was just named Captain of team Canada in the WJC and is a top blue chip prospect.

Rattie is the top goal scorer in the WHL and is 2nd in points, ahead of Etem in both categories.

McRae would add to your center depth and is a solid prospect

I have no idea what this post is referring to, but apparently I owe you an apology for slighting the best prospect in the world and a bunch of other guys.

I also like how Lupul is nothing special even though he currently has 15 goals and 21 assists.

Settle down.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
You can't be serious. I don't think I'd trade Pietrangelo for Getzlaf straight up. (As an aside, a pairing of Fowler-Pietrangelo for 15 years would be sick).

Anyway, the Getzlaf situation is looking eerily similar to the Thornton situation a few years back. Thornton in his prime signed to a contract landed a young top-6 winger, a good young top-4 defenseman, and a third-liner. From the Blues, something like Perron, Shattenkirk, and D'Agostini would fit that bill. I don't think the Ducks would get much more considering Thornton was having a good season already when that happened and was one of the best players in the NHL at that time, if not the best.
And Boston got hosed in that trade. It's probably the worst of the decade. If you want to show precedent, that trade is a great example of what not to do.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post

Are you saying that Perron, Shattenkirk, and D'Agostini equals Sturm, Stuart, and Primeau at that time?

Each one of those players has more value than their counterparts. All of them are younger at the time and had better potential.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Where are all the Blackhawks trade proposals in this thread? Oh wait, nevermind.

Old
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Yeah I call BS on the Getzlaf rumors. Ryan is a big possibility though. Looks extremely unmotivated.

Old
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Dangles View Post
I'll get it out of the way.

Grabo + Kulemin + 2 1sts for Getz.
Is this the new Ryder Halak 2nd?

12-22-2011, 11:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post

I have no idea what this post is referring to, but apparently I owe you an apology for slighting the best prospect in the world and a bunch of other guys.

I also like how Lupul is nothing special even though he currently has 15 goals and 21 assists.

Settle down.
Lupul is having a great season this year, but this is the first season that he is having an actual great season.

I proposed that trade earlier and some Duck fan laughed at it.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Static

Quote:
Then name players that were traded at astronomical prices and Pronger is not one of them.
Are you being purposely dense? There is no precedent, at least since Lindros, because players that would garner such a huge return are usually too valuable to trade in the first place.

If Crosby was put on the block tomorrow, would you argue that he wouldn't get a huge return because of a lack of precedent? I hope not.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Actually, if they are going to move a D-man, I bet they try to move Moore. Moore is on a 1-way contract but while NHL-ready as a bottom pairing guy is in the AHL as the team captain. Also, Moore is a UFA after this year, meaning any team that got him has the chance to offer him a contract at what they think is fair. Moving either Demers or Murray as a contending team doesn't make sense. The guy on the current NHL roster they need to move is White, but he has an NMC. But he's a UFA after this year too, and won't be back.
Sure, but doubt Moore has any trade value.

I wouldn't really mind if it was Murray so long as we got a solid #7 fwd.

Old
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Are you saying that Perron, Shattenkirk, and D'Agostini equals Sturm, Stuart, and Primeau at that time?

Each one of those players has more value than their counterparts. All of them are younger at the time and had better potential.
eventually you get sick of hearing of a players potential. Wasn't Stewart sopposed to be the next great power forward and Berglund the future #1 center but both have been disappointing. Eventually you want guys that can perform consistently.

Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Then you aren't getting Getzlaf. Pretty simple.

Another "we want your best players but you can have ours" guy, awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post

Settle down.
it was in reference to that btw

Old
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
Given the "cultural climate in Quebec" (Not Habsville) I wonder what a trade of:

Subban+Leblanc = Bobby Ryan trade would elicit?
SUbban is born in Toronto so why would they care?

Also who cares if Getzlaf is available. The package required to get him would mess a team up so bad it's not worth it. Unless you're just overflowing with solid secondary players, 1st round picks and a great prospect then whats the point?

Zero way Getzlaf gets moved purely because of the asking price.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:37 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
eventually you get sick of hearing of a players potential. Wasn't Stewart sopposed to be the next great power forward and Berglund the future #1 center but both have been disappointing. Eventually you want guys that can perform consistently.
even then, Perron, Shattenkirk, and D'Agostini have outproduced all of the other 3. Shattenkirk had 43 points last season and is on pace for 44, Dags had 21 goals last season, and Perron was looking to breakout last season before the concussion with 5 goals in 10 games and this season he has 8 points in 8 games.

The 3 players that were brought up in that post are and have produced.

Closed Thread