HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 34: Jackets at Predators, 12/22, 8 p.m. EST, FSOhio

Old
12-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

vCash: 500
Hey guys, the Texans are pulling a Blue Jackets lol.

How the heck do you lose to the Colts?!?

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
solomonsacct

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Closed door, team only meeting? Or did your guys already try that?

Sorry, don't mean to troll. Our games vs the BJs are always entertaining, and I feel badly for the fans up there.
Don't worry, there are less and less of those every day.

And don't worry about "trolling" us either. We are so horrible from top-to-bottom that there is almost literally nothing positive one can say. Our future looks worse than our present reality so it's not like we can say "wait till next year" and talk about that. Our AHL youth is hopeless. And we have no winning history to speak of so it's not like we can be nostalgic. Basically if you're going to talk about the Blue Jackets you will invariably be talking crap about them and how badly they suck; that's all there is to say.

solomonsacct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:26 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Hey guys, the Texans are pulling a Blue Jackets lol.

How the heck do you lose to the Colts?!?
Wow the Colts suck at tanking lol

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:31 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonsacct View Post
Don't worry, there are less and less of those every day.

And don't worry about "trolling" us either. We are so horrible from top-to-bottom that there is almost literally nothing positive one can say. Our future looks worse than our present reality so it's not like we can say "wait till next year" and talk about that. Our AHL youth is hopeless. And we have no winning history to speak of so it's not like we can be nostalgic. Basically if you're going to talk about the Blue Jackets you will invariably be talking crap about them and how badly they suck; that's all there is to say.
I wouldnt necessarily say our AHL youth is hopeless...

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:34 PM
solomonsacct

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I wouldnt necessarily say our AHL youth is hopeless...
I wouldn't either, I was exaggerating a little. But I would say that they are one of the most uninspiring groups of young talent in the league, for sure in my opinion.

solomonsacct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Goodies from the Dispatch tweets:
Quote:
Arniel: "We gave up three tap-in goals backdoor. We make plays like we've never played the game."
Gee, who's responsible for THAT?!?

Quote:
Trotz on Jeff Carter: "He got his three goals and that was enough."
Suggesting he just quit and played out the rest of the game?

Quote:
Arniel: "Mentally, right now, we're just gone. When you score 4 PP goals, that doesn't happen. It just doesn't happen."
O RLY?!? Funny, all of us knew it was going to.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:41 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

The only prospects I have hope for is Jenner, Madaisky, Savard, York, Atkinson, and Corbeil.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
CapnCornelius

So I watched the first period and went to dinner.

Carter and Johansen looked good. Like we hoped they would in the off-season. Power play was stellar.

Then I get out of dinner and see the final. I don't even care to hear how it happened or Arniel's lame excuses.

Whatever.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
EDM

Well, it took to p. 13 of the thread but the full blown fan implosion is here.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

So predictable it's not even funny.

Please fire this bum over the 3 day break.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:02 PM
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
The only prospects I have hope for is Jenner, Madaisky, Savard, York, Atkinson, and Corbeil.
What about Yakupov?

No one will be fired, everyone in management is too afraid of confrontation to do anything. It's so depressing. Howson, Arniel, Priest, Nash, and whomever else can give their excuses, but it simply is that no one cares.

Hitchcock hockey is played, BUT HITCH ISN'T HERE. Try ANYTHING else Arniel, you should literally let them shoot at you, they wouldn't hit you anyway.

36kap36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:38 PM
66Falconboy

Another Preds fan coming in peace here. I seriously don't know why Rick Nash would choose to sign long term in Columbus. No offense, but I would certainly want to see more commitment from ownership and management before I hitched my wagon to the CBJ organization. Do you guys agree?

66Falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Dick Castle

I think I'm done watching this team or having any interest whatsoever. Arniel should have been gone two weeks ago after the last Nashville debacle. The acceptance of this kind of play is sickening.

Dick Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:47 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 9544
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Falconboy View Post
I seriously don't know why Rick Nash would choose to sign long term in Columbus. No offense, but I would certainly want to see more commitment from ownership and management before I hitched my wagon to the CBJ organization. Do you guys agree?
Fair enough question. If the goal of an NHL'r is to win a cup, why would anyone have any interest in Columbus?

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:53 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
practice cancelled for friday.....

hahahahahahahaha

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:03 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Ok I thought I was going to bed, but this is bugging me. Why the **** did Arny leave Sandman in when it was clear he was hurting? I don't really believe in Mase much either, but I'm pretty sure he's better than someone who is immobile. Dumbass. He needs to be fired now, Christmas or no Christmas. Tis the ****ing season.
I love that avatar. It's hard to take your comments seriously though when I look at the kittah

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:09 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

On a serious note, I have a question to you Jackets faithful. I've been going through some of the pages on this GDT, why do you all not like Wiz? I thought he was supposed to be a stud dman. I've only seen him against the Preds but the last time they were in Nashville, he had the GWG on a slapper from the point and it was a beauty. Why the backlash all of a sudden? What are his flaws? Thanks.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:19 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
On a serious note, I have a question to you Jackets faithful. I've been going through some of the pages on this GDT, why do you all not like Wiz? I thought he was supposed to be a stud dman. I've only seen him against the Preds but the last time they were in Nashville, he had the GWG on a slapper from the point and it was a beauty. Why the backlash all of a sudden? What are his flaws? Thanks.
Defense. Effort too but that's more of a whole team issue than a Wiz only issue.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Quote:
He's -19. That's second last in the league and he missed 8 games where we didn't win a game. Imagine this stat if he had played all year.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:30 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I am here in peace. Metaphysical hugs all around, jesus.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:22 AM
RBarRegular

Arneil should have been fired, and I'm not exaggerating here, 5 games into the season. It may not have been too late at that point. It was already clear, however, that he had no clue what he was doing. Entire organization is a complete joke. Hell, my ticket representative won't even call me back despite me having left multiple voice mails. Last game I went to, I went to will - call and they had completely botched my order. Such a bush league organization.

RBarRegular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:30 AM
BigTom

Hahah... Anyone knows that the odds was after the first period (4-1)? Even if Columbus lost, it was still a pretty good game

BigTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:48 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8lhf View Post
He needs to be fired for leaving Sanford out there knowing he's not 100%.
No win situation. Imagine the horror if he put Mason in and the team blows the lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I don't find tonights collapse disheartening nor was it a new low. The low point was the Philly beat down. I expected this loss tonight even after the Carter HT. I had intuition that the Preds would come back and win.
After one period, I really didn't think we would win. When the Preds scored with 8 seconds left, it was like the scene in Shawshank Redemption, when Andy and Red are reunited on the beach. I've seen it 100 times, which has killed the emotion from it. One game closer to the #2 pick.

Quote:
Well, let's just say that if you saw that goal by Wiz, you've seen all of them. Yeah, one goal, -245 so far, he fits right in.

Holiday season or not, everyone should be fired by noon today. Worst franchise in pro sports.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:41 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

As we left the Arena, last night, we passed a TV and saw that the Jackets were up 5-4. When we got to the car, my wife asked if I wanted to listen to the game on the way home. Nope, I could kill us and several others when they blow it. We got home, saw the final, and I asked her, "aren't you glad I was not behind the wheel when that happened?"

I'm usually as positive a fan as there is, around here, but they're just killing me.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I am no longer on the players case. Oh sure, they need to play better, but I am all over the coaching at this point.

There is no direction out there, no strategy, no system, no cohesion, absolutely nothing to speak of.

Look at our last home game with Tampa. Look at how they completely shut us down in the third period. They sent one fore-checker in, and just lined four guys up at the blue line the entire period and shut us down. What do the Jackets do? Give up a break-away to Erat with eight seconds left. Absolutely ****ing no way an NHL team let's that happen.

As for Wiz. I am not ready to give up on him either. Many of his issues could be coaching imho. Remember another great defenseman we picked up years ago by the name of Darryl Sydor? We made him look like **** too, then he went on to play great and win a cup with the Bolts.

No way I blow up this roster until I see an established, well respected, and real NHL coach come in here and see what he can do with this team. Then, turn the GM reigns over to Patrick, and let him start tweaking this roster, and start molding this team into a winning product.

I honestly believe that the time periods that the Jackets won last season were despite Arniel, not because of him. But the horrific losing from the last third of last season, extending into this season is all on Arniel in my book. I don't know how anyone could possibly not be aware of that.

And like I said in my last post, epic fail by Howson not signing a veteran goaltender early on. That horrible decision continues to haunt us.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote