HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2011, 11:39 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
If Getzlaf was traded, ANA would be better off limiting the amount of pieces and get one or two guys of similar value and a pick if needed. It just seems like more often then not the team getting the elite player gets the better end of the deal. But then again, rarely do elite players get traded with more then a year or 2 on their contracts.

Old
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
it was in reference to that btw
Take it up with him?

Not that I disagree with Static.

Old
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Just out of curiosity what would it take to get D.Murray to the Avs? Shark fans?

Old
12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Are you being purposely dense? There is no precedent, at least since Lindros, because players that would garner such a huge return are usually too valuable to trade in the first place.

If Crosby was put on the block tomorrow, would you argue that he wouldn't get a huge return because of a lack of precedent? I hope not.
Then if you admit there isn't precedent, how can you demand that price for Getzlaf? Getzlaf could become a glorified rental since he is only signed for 1 1/2 more seasons.

There is a difference between Getzlaf and Crosby and if you don't think there is, then there is no point in this discussion.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Take it up with him?

Not that I disagree with Static.
I have been, none of my posts have been totally aimed at you or one person.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Then if you admit there isn't precedent, how can you demand that price for Getzlaf? Getzlaf could become a glorified rental since he is only signed for 1 1/2 more seasons.

There is a difference between Getzlaf and Crosby and if you don't think there is, then there is no point in this discussion.
You're just arguing in circles. If you took the Crosby reference as a comparison between the two players, then you aren't being purposely dense. That's the nicest thing I can say.

Since there isn't precedent for a trade like this, then I guess Murray would ask for the highest return that there ever has been a precedent for. Nothing more than that, for precedent's sake.

In fact, maybe we can sell Getzlaf, like Gretzky, since there's precedent for that. And when I say "like Gretzky", I'm implying that Getzlaf really is as good as Greztky. They even sound alike.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:52 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I just saw the report. Dregger emphasized remote about Getzlaf so id say theres almost no chance it could happen. Sounds like he's just indicating if the Ducks want to blow up the roster. Considering Murray told teams they aren't going anywhere earlier, I seriously doubt there's any chance Getzlaf or Perry go anywhere.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:57 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Are you saying that Perron, Shattenkirk, and D'Agostini equals Sturm, Stuart, and Primeau at that time?

Each one of those players has more value than their counterparts. All of them are younger at the time and had better potential.
Did you ever watch Primeau, Sturm, or Stuart? Stuart was 25 years old, coming off a 40 point season and on pace for an even better season, plus being excellent defensively. He was more valuable than Shattenkirk. Sturm was a consistent 20 goal scorer with great wheels, and Primeau was an excellent 3rd liner. I would argue that they were better than Shattenkirk, Perron, and D'Agostini (and before you inevitably accuse me of not watching the Blues or underrating your players, I watch lots of Blues games because they are my second favorite team in the West).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Just out of curiosity what would it take to get D.Murray to the Avs? Shark fans?
I don't know much about the Avs bottom-6 situation, but we'd need a 2nd/3rd liner PKing tweener (as you've probably read many times). Got anyone like that?

Old
12-22-2011, 11:58 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
You're just arguing in circles. If you took the Crosby reference as a comparison between the two players, then you aren't being purposely dense. That's the nicest thing I can say.

Since there isn't precedent for a trade like this, then I guess Murray would ask for the highest return that there ever has been a precedent for. Nothing more than that, for precedent's sake.
I guess you have your opinion and I have mine. The Ducks have too much talent to be this bad, so for your sake, I hope Murray doesn't get desperate enough and give anyone away.

I don't think playoff teams are going to pay a price that will keep them from competing for the Cup this season, which is basically what you are asking for. I don't see non playoff teams making a strong offer for him during the season. A deal in the off season would probably get the best return, but there really wouldn't be a point in trading Getzlaf or Ryan in the offseason.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Did you ever watch Primeau, Sturm, or Stuart? Stuart was 25 years old, coming off a 40 point season and on pace for an even better season, plus being excellent defensively. He was more valuable than Shattenkirk. Sturm was a consistent 20 goal scorer with great wheels, and Primeau was an excellent 3rd liner. I would argue that they were better than Shattenkirk, Perron, and D'Agostini (and before you inevitably accuse me of not watching the Blues or underrating your players, I watch lots of Blues games because they are my second favorite team in the West).

I don't know much about the Avs bottom-6 situation, but we'd need a 2nd/3rd liner PKing tweener (as you've probably read many times). Got anyone like that?
Naw bro just hold off until June and offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly :3

Old
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I dunno honestly, David Jones+ maybe?

Old
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

BM trying to rebuild the Ducks scares me.....alot

Old
12-23-2011, 12:04 AM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Naw bro just hold off until June and offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly :3
The Avs would never do this but I'd do Murray ++ for Radar. Love the guy as a player and he'd fit right in.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:07 AM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
Eric Staal and Jeff Skinner for Ryan Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan
Why would either team do that? Just a pointless lateral move.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:10 AM
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I just saw the report. Dregger emphasized remote about Getzlaf so id say theres almost no chance it could happen. Sounds like he's just indicating if the Ducks want to blow up the roster. Considering Murray told teams they aren't going anywhere earlier, I seriously doubt there's any chance Getzlaf or Perry go anywhere.
This. McKenzie said awhile back for the Canes to think about trading Staal or Ward to rebuild and we got crazy threads with proposals like Staal for Grabovski and stuff like that. You Ducks fans might want to be prepared as you might get some pretty ridiculous offers.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:13 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
This. McKenzie said awhile back for the Canes to think about trading Staal or Ward to rebuild and we got crazy threads with proposals like Staal for Grabovski and stuff like that. You Ducks fans might want to be prepared as you might get some pretty ridiculous offers.
We had the Ryan to Toronto threads daily, we just have to laugh it off nowadays

Old
12-23-2011, 12:13 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan793 View Post
It's already been going on... it's beyond the point of annoying me and it is now just entertainment.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:14 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
bozak + colborne + kulemin + 1st + biggs +?

for

Getzlav

Old
12-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

vCash: 157
emphasis on d-man 'when they are healthy'... yup probably Douglas Murray

+Niitty

Old
12-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Is this the new Ryder Halak 2nd?
Don't be silly - Hodgson + Schneider + 1st was the new Ryder + Halak + 2nd.

Grabo + Kulemin + (some number of) 1sts is the new Hodgson Schneider and a 1st.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

There is absolutely nothing Toronto could offer Anaheim for Ryan Getzlaf. They didn't have the goods to get Mike Richards and they surely don't have the assets to move to get Getzlaf. What are the Ducks going to do with a Kulemin or Grabovski (who is due to become a UFA)? Kadri isn't going to help Anaheim... then what else is there to offer. MacArthur? Bozek? Who are you kidding?

Would Toronto trade Kessel for Beleskey, Palmieri, and draft picks?

Old
12-23-2011, 12:28 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
We should make a whole album of ridiculous posts like this... so when we're older we can look back and laugh.
Be sure to dedicate a few chapters to Parise trade offers.

Old
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
If Ryan Getzlaf is on the table, I hope Burke is right on top of it.
lol, as would every other team...

Old
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
And that's your opinion, but where is the precedent for teams paying that price. There isn't because teams to pay that much for a player.
How many top line power forward centers with dominant puck moving and set up play are better than Getzlaf? Hell how many Centers are better than Getzlaf? Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Stamkos?

Centers like Getzlaf are a luxury in the NHL. He'll cost an arm and a leg and it isn't an opinion. It's a fact.

It's also not an opinion that Anaheim isn't going to ask for anything BUT an arm and a leg in return for Getzlaf. If no one wants to give that up, he doesn't go anywhere.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Staal + Boychuk for Getzlaf

Closed Thread