HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Johnson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2011, 01:18 AM
  #51
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 500
I am ready to move Jack as well for a top six forward with Speed that can pot 25 to 30 Goals.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:19 AM
  #52
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I am ready to move Jack as well for a top six forward with Speed that can pot 25 to 30 Goals.
If they can find one, it's something to consider, especially when they have Martinez who can slide in to play with Greene and keep Voynov with Mitchell, giving the Kings their three left handed-right handed pairings.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:37 AM
  #53
Bateman*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I am ready to move Jack as well for a top six forward with Speed that can pot 25 to 30 Goals.
I do not like.

Bateman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:44 AM
  #54
dabeechman
Registered User
 
dabeechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
I do not like.
Agreed, if Jack is moved. It's going to be something for a first liner.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:45 AM
  #55
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 500
Jack for the Month of NOV/DEC combined so far....

G 2
A 5
P 7

MINUS 14

Ouch that's not bad luck, that's bad play.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:49 AM
  #56
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,705
vCash: 500
Why not just convert him to a 2nd line forward then?

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:53 AM
  #57
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
the way I see it is we have guys with hi hockey IQ and guys with low hockey IQ on defence:

Mitchell and Scuderi = high IQ, great defensive back stops

Doughty and Voynov = average defensive IQ w awesome offensive vision

JJ = below average defensive IQ w higher then average offense

Greene = low IQ and skill, slow, has size

After watching tonights game I believe JJ and Greene can not be on the ice at the same time as both are a mess in thier own end. I would trade JJ if the return was substancial like a top line winger. I would rather trade Greene for a smarter more skilled version of himself.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:53 AM
  #58
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Why not just convert him to a 2nd line forward then?

- R
I would interested to see Jack play forward. No idea if he would even entertain the idea.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:58 AM
  #59
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I would interested to see Jack play forward. No idea if he would even entertain the idea.
I think he'd be offended.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:06 AM
  #60
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,249
vCash: 500
If Jack could be used as the centerpiece in a trade to acquire a sniper like a Bobby Ryan, Jeff Carter, Chris Stewart (if you know he can put up numbers like he did last season), it's something you have to strongly consider doing. Would have to think long and hard about Iginla too because he isn't showing any signs of slowing down. It would be similar to what Pittsburgh ended up doing in moving Goligoski to acquire a sniper in James Neal.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:08 AM
  #61
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If Jack could be used as the centerpiece in a trade to acquire a sniper like a Bobby Ryan, Jeff Carter, Chris Stewart (if you know he can put up numbers like he did last season), it's something you have to strongly consider doing. Would have to think long and hard about Iginla too because he isn't showing any signs of slowing down. It would be similar to what Pittsburgh ended up doing in moving Goligoski to acquire a sniper in James Neal.
exactly.................Voynov is continuing to evolve as well to help allow this.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:43 AM
  #62
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent
 
xavi4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
I've always wanted Jack to do well, but it's so bleeding obvious it's not going to happen in a Kings uniform.

I think it's definitely time to move him, he'll always be in Doughty's shadow and his +/- stat is taking a pounding.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:51 AM
  #63
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Is converting him to wing really THAT crazy of an idea? I think he could be amazing in that role.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:55 AM
  #64
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Is converting him to wing really THAT crazy of an idea? I think he could be amazing in that role.
Yes, actually. Just how many dmen can you name in the nhl that have been converted to a forward?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:09 AM
  #65
sweatypickle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yes, actually. Just how many dmen can you name in the nhl that have been converted to a forward?
Peter MF Harrold?

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:27 AM
  #66
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yes, actually. Just how many dmen can you name in the nhl that have been converted to a forward?
Yeah, that's why Wright brothers ditched their idea of directed flight machine. Oh, wait, they didn't, that's right.


As for your question, just because something is rare and hard to do, doesn't mean that it's impossible. Especially if potential transformation would be at least a top six winger.

Names? Dustin Byfuglien was drafted as a defenseman and has successfully played as a winger as well (a bit different type of a winger though). There is even a case of a player who was drafted first overall and was converted to a forward. Not an ancient history either.

Anyway, I would just like to see him take a shift here and there to see how he looks.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:35 AM
  #67
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Yeah, that's why Wright brothers ditched their idea of directed flight machine. Oh, wait, they didn't, that's right.


As for your question, just because something is rare and hard to do, doesn't mean that it's impossible. Especially if potential transformation would be at least a top six winger.

Names? Dustin Byfuglien was drafted as a defenseman and has successfully played as a winger as well (a bit different type of a winger though). There is even a case of a player who was drafted first overall and was converted to a forward. Not an ancient history either.

Anyway, I would just like to see him take a shift here and there to see how he looks.
It is an intriguing idea due to Johnson's strong skating ability and his shot and strength. He is very solid along the boards so it is likely that he comes away with the puck from the corners. Johnson has the will power to drive hard to the net.

It is worth noting that both of his OT game winners earlier this season against New York and Philly came when Johnson pinched down low around the goal mouth. While his hockey IQ may seem to be lacking inside his own end, he knows what to do inside the opposite blueline.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:16 AM
  #68
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It is an intriguing idea due to Johnson's strong skating ability and his shot and strength. He is very solid along the boards so it is likely that he comes away with the puck from the corners. Johnson has the will power to drive hard to the net.

It is worth noting that both of his OT game winners earlier this season against New York and Philly came when Johnson pinched down low around the goal mouth. While his hockey IQ may seem to be lacking inside his own end, he knows what to do inside the opposite blueline.
He also has excellent 1 on 1 skills. It really is strange to have a guy like that on D...he should be a wing. And we should deal Greene for anything useful up front and just promote Hickey and maybe another NHL-ready prospect to the big club so we can figure out if this guy can play or not once and for all.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:19 AM
  #69
Harold Snepsts
Registered User
 
Harold Snepsts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,476
vCash: 500
I'm a little surprised at how many people unhappy with Greene. He's certainly no superstar, but he is a big physical bottom pairing guy who kills penalties and makes opponents pay a price around the net. He's by far the Kings most physical D-man play in and play out. And given the general overpayment for D-men these days, his contract doesn't seem awful to me. Without him the Kings lose a lot of sandpaper on their blueline.

On the Wings Jonathan Ericsson is the whipping boy bottom-pairing D man. He's got a much better first pass than Greene and some better offensive instincts, but is worse defensively and not nearly as physical as he should be for his size. And costs about 300k more than Greene.

When you have talented guys like Doughty and JJ out there, I just think a player like Greene provides a better mix of abilities and roles than another puck moving guy. Maybe I'm just biased because I wish the Wings had a bottom pairing guy more like Greene.

As for trading JJ or moving him to forward, I still say he's 24 years old. It seems early to throw in the towel on his career as a defenseman in LA.

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:26 AM
  #70
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yes, actually. Just how many dmen can you name in the nhl that have been converted to a forward?
Brent Burns.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:41 PM
  #71
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,470
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
If you plan on winning 3-2 games it would be a lot easier if Jack Johnson wasn't on the team. Same thing last night, other team scores a goal, they show the replay, #3 Johnson is right there. When the puck isn't on his stick he's awful.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:14 PM
  #72
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I am ready to move Jack as well for a top six forward with Speed that can pot 25 to 30 Goals.
No! No! No! Let Sutter and Stevens spend a year with him - at least.

Johnson's two seasons away from hitting the sweetspot for a NHL defensemen's payoff years. We've suffered the development and made the investment. Why would we want to hand his great years over to another franchise?

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:17 PM
  #73
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Snepsts View Post
.... As for trading JJ or moving him to forward, I still say he's 24 years old. It seems early to throw in the towel on his career as a defenseman in LA.
I approve of this message, thank you Mr. Snepsts, it's always good to hear from a pro.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:40 PM
  #74
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Yeah, that's why Wright brothers ditched their idea of directed flight machine. Oh, wait, they didn't, that's right.


As for your question, just because something is rare and hard to do, doesn't mean that it's impossible. Especially if potential transformation would be at least a top six winger.

Names? Dustin Byfuglien was drafted as a defenseman and has successfully played as a winger as well (a bit different type of a winger though). There is even a case of a player who was drafted first overall and was converted to a forward. Not an ancient history either.

Anyway, I would just like to see him take a shift here and there to see how he looks.
There's a reason why it doesn't happen. And even with Byfuglien and Harrold, they're both back on defense. It's an entertaining thought but unrealistic.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:16 AM
  #75
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
anyone realize Johnson's last 64 games = 5g 10a 15p, -29


thats pathetic

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.