HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Be sure to dedicate a few chapters to Parise trade offers.

This is going to be a long season.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:36 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Be sure to dedicate a few chapters to Parise trade offers.
I think he'll get his own book... there will be the Book of Zach, the Book of Bobby and the Book of Shea.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:37 AM
NoShowWilly

Kesler, Ballard, 1st for Getzlaf, Beauchemin

Old
12-23-2011, 12:39 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShowWilly View Post
Kesler, Ballard, 1st for Getzlaf, Beauchemin
You don't get to add a salary dump AND get back a good defenseman.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:40 AM
NoShowWilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
You don't get to add a salary dump AND get back a good defenseman.
lol

Old
12-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Deen

vCash: 102
I think Getzlaf would be better suited for the East. How about something around Bergeron + Marchand. Maybe a pick going back to Boston?

Old
12-23-2011, 12:44 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Dreger is speculating nothing more.

-Ducks can't afford to trade Getzlaf, he's like a hot, but stupid girlfriend....trading him leaves to big a hole on the team. Especially the idea, that people here make prospects untouchable for a top 5-7 center in the league and a proven playoff performer.

-Ryan more likely to go but again the lowball trade ideas here are laughable, he will not go for anything short of either an overpayment, or in a package to bring in a no.1 dman.

The best deal for Ryan, IMO would be to the Leafs for either Kadri/Colborne, Schenn and a 1st. Schenn is exactly what we need to build our defense with

The Price for Getzlaf would be momumental but it won't stop HF from trying to lowball us.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
...maybe a pick going back to Boston.
Maybe not.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Dreger is speculating nothing more.

-Ducks can't afford to trade Getzlaf, he's like a hot, but stupid girlfriend....trading him leaves to big a hole on the team. Especially the idea, that people here make prospects untouchable for a top 5-7 center in the league and a proven playoff performer.

-Ryan more likely to go but again the lowball trade ideas here are laughable, he will not go for anything short of either an overpayment, or in a package to bring in a no.1 dman.

The best deal for Ryan, IMO would be to the Leafs for either Kadri/Colborne, Schenn and a 1st. Schenn is exactly what we need to build our defense with

The Price for Getzlaf would be momumental but it won't stop HF from trying to lowball us.
good luck getting that much. Still think your get a decent return but most likely to be disappointed.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:46 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I really doubt that getzlaf is moving anywhere but without a doubt ryan might be a good person to move for the ducks to get a good return.

12-23-2011, 12:47 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Berglund, Schwartz, pick? Maybe Getzlaf could get Stewart going...
Haha gonna be alot more than that.

If you aren't willing to give up Pietrangelo, then there is zero chance he would go to STL.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:48 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
good luck getting that much. Still think your get a decent return but most likely to be disappointed.
Then we will keep him, draft Yakupov/Grigorenko and have alot of money free'd up for free agency, ducks hold all the cards.

Old
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Naw bro just hold off until June and offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly :3
Uh, yeah, sure... of course they'll just lose their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks in 2013, not to mention adding quite a bit of salary... Oh, and yeah, when is Couture an RFA?

Old
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Tyler Kennedy, Eric Tangradi, Simon Despres + 1st 2012

That 1st 2012 is a tough one to give up since they hold the draft at the CEC coming up, but it would be worth it even if it is a 20 to 30 pick. Who knows how long Crosby will be out. Could ease the strain of him trying to get back quick.

For Bobby Ryan.

Contenders don't give up great roster assets, they try to build on them.

Despres: is looking to be a stud and could end up being the main cog of the deal
Already explained the 1st above
Tyler Kennedy is a spark plug and would be a serviceable 2nd liner and a great 3rd liner.
Eric Tangradi: He can't seem to crack what seems to be a stable winger core. He needs a team needing top 9 wingers with the room to let him grow that's not the 4th line. Waste.

I'm obviously open to a second 1st added or change out some parts, maybe add Tom Kuhnhackl, but like I said, contenders add while not shedding their best players.

Who really knows though, they could use Martin or Niskanen instead of Despres leaving him up with the NHL squad.

Martin, Tangradi, 2nd 2012

Beau Bennett, Tangradi, Matt Niskanen, 1st 2012

Just some ideas.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Then we will keep him, draft Yakupov/Grigorenko and have alot of money free'd up for free agency, ducks hold all the cards.
who said I was interested in Ryan. I like Ryan but don't think he's that "great" to give up all that up.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:53 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
who said I was interested in Ryan. I like Ryan but don't think he's that "great" to give up all that up.
Ok ducks keep their 24 y/o PF who has scored 30 goals 3 times and was 4th in ES scoring last year, a bad half this year will not erase everything he's done.

I'm just being real here, people don't like how much they're valued? tough. Ducks have lots of flexibility heading into next year, Yakupov or Grigorenko will be a great linemate for Ryan

Old
12-23-2011, 12:57 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Uh, yeah, sure... of course they'll just lose their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks in 2013, not to mention adding quite a bit of salary... Oh, and yeah, when is Couture an RFA?
He's not a Sharks fan (the guy who suggested an offer-sheet), but besides the point Couture is already locked up at a cap-friendly $2.85M for the next two years. Paying Radar more than that would send the wrong message anyway.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:03 AM
BlamBlam

Getzlaf + salary for Staal

Old
12-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Ok ducks keep their 24 y/o PF who has scored 30 goals 3 times and was 4th in ES scoring last year, a bad half this year will not erase everything he's done.

I'm just being real here, people don't like how much they're valued? tough. Ducks have lots of flexibility heading into next year, Yakupov or Grigorenko will be a great linemate for Ryan
My belief is that elite players should produce no matter what and in Ryan's case, I know Anaheim is in the bottom of the standings but on a team that has sopposed the best top line in hockey, a winger struggling that much makes me think he's more of a complementary player/beneficiary of the top line. I get Eric Staal struggling with his wingers but Ryan playing with Getzlaf and Perry and struggling is different and inexcusable.
I didn't mind you asking for one of Colborne/Kadri, 1st (that so far I get), but adding Schenn would be too much in my opinion. Don't mind if someone like Gunnarson, or Franson and such going but I doubt you think it's fair. If Anaheim trades Ryan, I"m sure they'll get some good assets but not what you think he'll get. Besides I don't care if we get Ryan or not, I'll rather focus turning our assets into a top line center, not another winger.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:12 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Would the Capitals have interest in Ryan? That way Anaheim could maybe get Colorado's 1st round pick in the deal.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
Getzlaf + salary for Staal
That's still a step backwards for us. All that salary means that we have even less money to sign the bottom six guys we need.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
My belief is that elite players should produce no matter what and in Ryan's case, I know Anaheim is in the bottom of the standings but on a team that has sopposed the best top line in hockey, a winger struggling that much makes me think he's more of a complementary player/beneficiary of the top line. I get Eric Staal struggling with his wingers but Ryan playing with Getzlaf and Perry and struggling is different and inexcusable.
I didn't mind you asking for one of Colborne/Kadri, 1st (that so far I get), but adding Schenn would be too much in my opinion. Don't mind if someone like Gunnarson, or Franson and such going but I doubt you think it's fair. If Anaheim trades Ryan, I"m sure they'll get some good assets but not what you think he'll get. Besides I don't care if we get Ryan or not, I'll rather focus turning our assets into a top line center, not another winger.
He hasn't been playing with the top line lately. Boudreau is juggling most of our guys around.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:17 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

i would love the Flyers to make a move for the hometown boy, Bobby Ryan, and i can't imagine that Bobby Ryan wouldn't love to play for his favorite team growing up..

however, we're in no position to be making any major trades that don't result in a replacement for Pronger at this point, so unless Ryan can play defense, i'd say it's a long shot...

we probably have the assets to fill the defensive hole, and acquire Ryan, but it would be severely messing with the chemistry of a team who's currently looking like a cup contender. might be a dumb idea.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:28 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Just out of curiosity what would it take to get D.Murray to the Avs? Shark fans?
A 2nd/3rd liner + a pick.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:31 AM
caley

I/Dreger never said anything about Getzlaf being dealt for picks and prospects. I think the only way Getzlaf gets dealt is in a basic big-time deal, talent for talent. Rather than a rebuild, it would be something massive and plan-altering, such as moving the slower, bigger Getzlaf for someone of equal stature but either at a different position or of different skillset (i.e. size for speed), such as Getzlaf for Patrick Kane (Size/skill up the middle for dynamic speed/scoring), Getzlaf for Myers (Size/skill up the middle for a potential franchise defenceman), Getzlaf for Kesler (Big playmaking center for a big scoring center), or Getzlaf for Strome and Okposo (Replacing Getzlaf's size with Okposo's and adding a skilled speedy center). I'm not saying any of those deals are bang-on value-wise, nor that any of them are likely to occur/remote possibilities, I'm saying those are the kind of deals it's going to take to move Getzlaf, not something like Getzlaf for Paajarvi, Petry and a 1st.

I don't think Anaheim's looking to rebuild here, just change things that aren't working for something different.

Closed Thread