HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Gainey now with the team

Old
12-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Actually I would disagree this was a good trade. Huet was playing phenomenal until we started the Price carousel, and even then we played decent. In addition, this was the most dominate season we had in over a decade, yet we moved the guy who had a significant contributor to our success, to rely on a kid who hadn't even played a season in the NHL.
I think he means trading FOR Huet. But otherwise, I agree with your assessment.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Actually I would disagree this was a good trade. Huet was playing phenomenal until we started the Price carousel, and even then we played decent. In addition, this was the most dominate season we had in over a decade, yet we moved the guy who had a significant contributor to our success, to rely on a kid who hadn't even played a season in the NHL.
I'm CLEARLY not talking the Huet trade that made us acquire a 2nd round pick. I'm talking about the Garon for Huet-Bonk trade.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:51 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Gainey was great as far as I'm concerned. Any GM that has the Ballz to let Koivu walk away, not hand over huge money to Souray and Komisarek and then completely re-build the veteran core of the team by aquiring Gomez, Gionta, Gill and Spacek is a great GM to me.

Maybe he signed too many small players when he rebuilt the team....but to have the guts to do all those things and then see the team make it to the ECF in their first season together....I think he's a pretty solid GM in my book!!

The real only stupid thing Gainey done and I don't even consider it that bad, was trading for Gomez. Gomez is a good veteran guy to have in the lineup...he just had an awful contract coming with him for 3 or 4 seasons....but some could turn around and say that Gionta and Cammy wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Gomez.
Gainey would take a dump in your mouth and you'd still think it was a "pretty solid move".

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm CLEARLY not talking the Huet trade that made us acquire a 2nd round pick. I'm talking about the Garon for Huet-Bonk trade.
/pats self on back

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Habs

If that ****ing retard comes back to run this team, I will never cheer again. Yes, some of you may get your wish.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:54 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Do you understand the fallacy in this? Firstly, it's the same thing the Habs did with Halak, and secondly, they didn't win now solely because of that trade. The two most important factors in that team were Chara and Thomas. One big ticket UFA, one goalie drafted. Like I said before, given opportunities at a given moment, and the outcome is decided by the players who chose, not the other way around, and from all accounts, Gainey (and PG) tried to sign many big ticket UFAs, and got what he could with the opportunities he had in that regards, and in the end, when you can't draft high, the UFA market is the single most important opportunity to improve a team.

Don't lecture me on bias either, and acting as if there aren't differences in degrees of subjectiveness/objectiveness when people ignore/reject/deny what is a known fact, a logical, rational outlook that considers what is most relevant to the subject, business, and the outlook, money/profit. High levels of subjectivity are displayed when people do not incorporate all the known facts of the subject they are analyzing and rather fill the void with emotional/ego-based reactions. The way to have less bias is objectivity, and that begins by focusing on every aspect of a subject, not just the simplistic comparisons of 'the bottom line'.
What is the point of playing sports if it is not for the "bottom line"?

The bottom line is to win to ensure happy fans continue to support the team. For without happy fans, the "bottom line" of the owner diminishes and we at times see franchises leave the area.

Your bias toward management is that. Your bias. My bias against management is that. My bias. Yours is not better than mine. You can argue from a stance to where anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant or irrelevant. So be it.

The bottom line and reality is that the Canadiens are a joke of a team right now. I had nothing to do with that. Neither did you. Neither did any other fan of the Habs. So who does that leave us with if not management?

You tell me.........

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:57 PM
GinoCyber*

Put your boots on boys, the sh!ts about to get deep in there

GinoCyber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:24 AM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Just like when Bob had a chance to trade some players at the deadline in our 100 th anniversary year and then let 8 FREE AGENTS walk for NOTHING!

Just like when Bob traded for the untraceable contract like Gomez and threw in McDonough and Higgins. Every team laughed at us then and is STILL laughing at us 3 YEARS later.

That Bob Gainey????

GIMME ME A FREAKIN BREAK!!!!!!!!!
u mad bro ? chillax with the caps and anniversary year u think the owners will tell gainey to sell wen theres chances he can make the playoffs ? "GIMME ME A FREAKIN BREAK" its montreal and every year the team makes the playoffs they make millions more u best believe the owner will tell the GM to not sell and trade for vets to make the playoffs specially for the 100th year anniversary with all the hype around the team that year and Gomez ? Lol PG has hes share of the blame in that trade also dont u forget....

but hey its the same Gainey who got us Gorges and Patches for Rivet,the same one who kept Carey instead of Halak wen the world wanted to trade Price,the bad trades ull mention i can come back with good ones if you got a better GM available right now u can always email Molson

PATCHESx67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:38 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
If that ****ing retard comes back to run this team, I will never cheer again. Yes, some of you may get your wish.
A tad overdramatic. IF he does come back on interim basis, why not wait to see what direction he takes? For all you know he'll clean house and allow the next guy to take the job to have more room to retool.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:38 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
u mad bro ? chillax with the caps and anniversary year u think the owners will tell gainey to sell wen theres chances he can make the playoffs ? "GIMME ME A FREAKIN BREAK" its montreal and every year the team makes the playoffs they make millions more u best believe the owner will tell the GM to not sell and trade for vets to make the playoffs specially for the 100th year anniversary with all the hype around the team that year and Gomez ? Lol PG has hes share of the blame in that trade also dont u forget....

but hey its the same Gainey who got us Gorges and Patches for Rivet,the same one who kept Carey instead of Halak wen the world wanted to trade Price,the bad trades ull mention i can come back with good ones if you got a better GM available right now u can always email Molson
Wasn't that Gauthier?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:42 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Wasn't that Gauthier?
Yes, but Gainey was always a strong supporter of Price.

5:15 to 6:35 is epic

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:46 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Wasn't that Gauthier?
of course he was, gainey did a lot more bad than good to this team, enough already...enough.

i am not discussing his career as a player.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
C'mon Habs, who would ever want you to stop cheering? You're part of the furniture...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Kirk Muller

If Gainey gets the reigns again, i think we can come to a pretty safe consensus that Molson's had no game plan going into the Martin firing and subsequent PG firing if it happens.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:26 AM
dlandry6

Bob Gainey was a good GM. We had a lot worse before him. Yes he made bad trades but everyone makes a few bad trades. If he comes in as a GM or coach for the year I think it could help.

PG is awful and Randy is even worse. Bob Gainey is good at settling the players down. The only problem is we might not find the right GM or right coach for next season because they have to speak french. I think it is important but what if we could get the right coach or GM and they did not speak french. Would the fans care if we won a stanley cup without the french aspect in the equation.

dlandry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:32 AM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry6 View Post
Bob Gainey was a good GM. We had a lot worse before him. Yes he made bad trades but everyone makes a few bad trades. If he comes in as a GM or coach for the year I think it could help.

PG is awful and Randy is even worse. Bob Gainey is good at settling the players down. The only problem is we might not find the right GM or right coach for next season because they have to speak french. I think it is important but what if we could get the right coach or GM and they did not speak french. Would the fans care if we won a stanley cup without the french aspect in equation.
Bob's a gutless puke who quit on this team after crippling us with high-priced 45 point princesses and cashing in his bonus from the Molson sale. It's a disgrace he's even allowed anywhere near the front office.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:33 AM
JackZap

quicker he leaves the better

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:56 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Cammy would float

deserves a re-quote

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:00 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Bob's a gutless puke who quit on this team after crippling us with high-priced 45 point princesses and cashing in his bonus from the Molson sale. It's a disgrace he's even allowed anywhere near the front office.
and peeps wonder why we're seen as a bunch of retards...

seriously...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:50 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Oh brother. Gainey...this organization is chasing its own tail. Habs have tourette syndrome.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:06 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and peeps wonder why we're seen as a bunch of retards...

seriously...
yeah, ... our first rounders were WRONG.

That's the total Bob error.

But otherwise, he's been a tour-de-force keeping this team competitive.

If he thinks he has something special to give, I wouldn't be surprised.

As long as we don't miss anymore Kopitars, Getlafs, Lucices or Girouxs.

tinyzombies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Posts like this seriously make me sick to my stomach. You do know he lost his daughter during that tenure and didn't leave when many would have right?

How Bob Gainey, agree with his decisions or not, gets called a gutless puke on a Montreal Canadiens forum is beyond me. It's disgusting.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:53 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Gainey would take a dump in your mouth and you'd still think it was a "pretty solid move".
LOL !!!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:29 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Posts like this seriously make me sick to my stomach. You do know he lost his daughter during that tenure and didn't leave when many would have right?

How Bob Gainey, agree with his decisions or not, gets called a gutless puke on a Montreal Canadiens forum is beyond me. It's disgusting.
Yup...I've been critical of Gainey but I'll always respect him. No frigging way would I call him that. WTF, this guy has done a lot for this city and is a true leader. He made the Habs relevant again. He just couldn't get us over the hump. Also had to deal with trying times with his wife and then his daughter.

But calling Bob frigging Gainey a gutless puke? Some fans on here are pathetic.

As for Gauthier, he can go jump off a bridge for all I care.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
You may not agree with his work as GM but making posts like that hiding behind your keybord makes you about 100x more gutless. If you had seen Gainey play you'd know if there is one thing he isn't is gutless.

You should stick to playing video games instaed of posting garbage on internet messageboards.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote