HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Staal out with a concussion (1/2: Cleared to Play)

Old
12-23-2011, 04:19 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Loffen videos are so good.

Now i'm even more pumped. And it's 5 in the morning.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:37 AM
YoungD4

Is there any news on sauer?

YoungD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:59 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungD4 View Post
Is there any news on sauer?
Sauer has resumed light physical activity which is riding the stationary bike. He was checked out by the Rangers medical staff on Wednesday. No new updates.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:56 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sauer has resumed light physical activity which is riding the stationary bike. He was checked out by the Rangers medical staff on Wednesday. No new updates.
That's a very good sign. As most of us saw on 24/7 with Giroux, they don't allow the players to resume any activity if he hasn't been feeling fine for a little while. Take it slow Mike, we can wait a couple of weeks, just get healthy.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:22 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Dec 23, 2011 11:18a

#NYR Players you'd expect on ice at end of optional - Staal, Christensen, Woywitka, Wolski, Avery

sent via Plume**
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...48870859902977

Old
12-23-2011, 10:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Dec 23, 2011 11:50a

#NYR defenseman Marc Staal will reassess with doctors beginning on Monday when he could be able to take contact in practice

sent via Plume**
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYDNRangers/statu...57074838843392

Old
12-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Draft Guru

I have a sneaky suspicion Staal will be back for the Winter Classic, even if he only plays 10-12 minutes.

Draft Guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I have a sneaky suspicion Staal will be back for the Winter Classic, even if he only plays 10-12 minutes.
while I would be thrilled I say they take it easy and give him another month, aim for End of January.......better safe than sorry, team is winning. We need Stalsy for the playoffs and the future

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Miller Time NYR
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
while I would be thrilled I say they take it easy and give him another month, aim for End of January.......better safe than sorry, team is winning. We need Stalsy for the playoffs and the future
i agree there, no need to rush him and risk something worse and detrimental to his career. staals no idiot, he'll be back when hes completely ready to play again hes not going to rush his recovery for a dumb outdoor game.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Agree, like many posters have said here...I would like him as far from the winter classic as possible. Being cleared for contact 1 week is not nearly enough for a game. Id rather he practice the full month of January with full contact with no setbacks and then come back the 1st game after the all star break.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

After they are cleared for contact isn't it generally 5-10 days before the player returns?

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:05 AM
jmb9191

Regardless, AS mike Rupp said on 24/7 when your ready to go your ready to go. I dont know about you guys but I cannot wait for his return. The confidence of every dman including Girardi will rise. Every foreward will feel that much confident as well. If staal is ready to go then by no means should he not be able to return to the rt\eturn to the lineup. Everyone including torts is anxious for his return. LEts gOOOOO stallsy

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:23 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
Regardless, AS mike Rupp said on 24/7 when your ready to go your ready to go. I dont know about you guys but I cannot wait for his return. The confidence of every dman including Girardi will rise. Every foreward will feel that much confident as well. If staal is ready to go then by no means should he not be able to return to the rt\eturn to the lineup. Everyone including torts is anxious for his return. LEts gOOOOO stallsy
There's certainly no rush as long as we're winning. As soon as he's definitely ready, he'll play, but the team will be very careful in determining what "definitely ready" means. They're playing it safe, which is what they should do. Better to miss him for a few extra games this year (even if we lose those games) than to lose him for months more down the road.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

I keep reading this from many posters and can't help but be outraged at this.

In all honesty, who are you to make medical decisions? Doctors who went to medical school and practice medicine for many years had a chance to examine Staal. Who are you to tell them what to do when you dont know what you are talking about either from the knowledge/education perspective or from patient education perspective.

I am an attorney. Literally every single non-lawyer who has an opinion on law has no idea what he is talking about. I know you think that if you can read, you can analyze judicial opinions and precedents, but it is not even close, you dont even know what the judge was really trying to say. I have never heard any non-lawyer use the word 'custody' accurately. Almost nobody except repeat felons uses the word word 'probation' accurately (no, your ACD isn't probation, stop calling it that.)

I have to assume that people are just as wrong about medicine. Every doctor backs me on this.

And how do I know that you are not a doctor? Because a doctor would never give a diagnosis, especially one that conflicts with that of others, without checking out the patient or at least reading reports on him written by other doctors.

You are talking out of your @$$. Your medical opinion has no value. I know you think you are sounding more reasonable by writing the above, but you do not.

How do you know Staal hasn't been symptom-free for two months and the Ranges haven't been extra careful?

You do not. You know nothing. You know nothing about medicine and you know nothing about Staal's condition.

P.S. I dont want to see moronic responses that doctors dont know enough about concussions. They know more than you. They won't be right 100% of the time, but they are overwhelmingly right and you are always wrong. Even if your general idea turns out to be ok, it is still half-baked and not usable.

The Rangers have great doctors, and for all their limitations, they know more than you.

I also dont need to read that because it is possible for a doctor to be wrong, they should make Staal rest am extra month. Why only a month? Why not a year ot a week? Because it sounds kind of long to you, but Staal is back for playoffs.

Without a medical degree plus the ability to examine the patient, you are not qualified to disagree with highly paid , experienced, excellent doctors.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:40 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post

In all honesty, who are you to make medical decisions? Doctors who went to medical school and practice medicine for many years had a chance to examine Staal. Who are you to tell them what to do when you dont know what you are talking about either from the knowledge/education perspective or from patient education perspective.

I am an attorney. Literally every single non-lawyer who has an opinion on law has no idea what he is talking about. I know you think that if you can read, you can analyze judicial opinions and precedents, but it is not even close, you dont even know what the judge was really trying to say. I have never heard any non-lawyer use the word 'custody' accurately. Almost nobody except repeat felons uses the word word 'probation' accurately (no, your ACD isn't probation, stop calling it that.)

I have to assume that people are just as wrong about medicine. Every doctor backs me on this.

And how do I know that you are not a doctor? Because a doctor would never give a diagnosis, especially one that conflicts with that of others, without checking out the patient or at least reading reports on him written by other doctors.

You are talking out of your @$$. Your medical opinion has no value. I know you think you are sounding more reasonable by writing the above, but you do not.

How do you know Staal hasn't been symptom-free for two months and the Ranges haven't been extra careful?

You do not. You know nothing. You know nothing about medicine and you know nothing about Staal's condition.

P.S. I dont want to see moronic responses that doctors dont know enough about concussions. They know more than you. They won't be right 100% of the time, but they are overwhelmingly right and you are always wrong. Even if your general idea turns out to be ok, it is still half-baked and not usable.

The Rangers have great doctors, and for all their limitations, they know more than you.

I also dont need to read that because it is possible for a doctor to be wrong, they should make Staal rest am extra month. Why only a month? Why not a year ot a week? Because it sounds kind of long to you, but Staal is back for playoffs.

Without a medical degree plus the ability to examine the patient, you are not qualified to disagree with highly paid , experienced, excellent doctors.
Lmao. You went so much further than you needed to go to prove your point.... Agree %100.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:46 AM
mike14

Quote:

Jeez, and lawyers wonder why people don't like them.....

Nobody is 'disagreeing' with professionalism. They are just expressing their wish that Staal isn't rushed back in any way, shape or form. It's possible that I've completely misunderstood what people have been saying in this thread but seems they are expressing their hoped and concerns, not lecturing the unseen medical team.

Chill pills are down the hall.....

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:56 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:

While I generally agree with your opinion, I'd say you've gone a bit overboard. Keep in mind that avid sports fans follow injuries to their teams closely. Thanks to folks like RangerBoy, we're pretty much kept abreast of most major developments in Staal's condition. We've all seen how this team and other teams have treated and continue to treat concussions, as well as how those situations have played out.

Whether or not a player plays isn't 100% a medical decision. It's a personnel decision by a sports team. Even if they know a player is symptom free, and a doctor tells them the player is capable of playing, the team might keep that player on the shelf a bit longer to make sure nothing goes wrong. On the other hand, they may bring him back immediately if the team is desperate for help. I don't think anyone here is purporting to know anything more than the Rangers' doctors, but many of us have come to know a lot about various injuries, either through personal experience or through reading up on the teams/players we follow, and we've also come to learn about likely responses to those injuries.

Either way, we're all just hoping the team continues to handle the situation well.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:

Did they teach you how to come down off your soapbox in law school? Lol

In all honesty I think the folks who post here about injuries are just hopeful that X or Y happens. Very few if any really believe they know more than any doctor (team or otherwise), let alone the specialists Staal is seeing for his condition.

It's a hockey forum, not a medical journal.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

Quote:

Someone is full of themselves. Jeez this is a Hockey forum not your drama channel. And Doctors Do not know enough about concussions, that's why they're one of the more dangerous and mysterious injuries. What makes you think you know everything that's going on in Staal's life? He could be okay, he could not be. I'm not trying to be a jerk but you're off your rocker dude. Not every doctor backs you on your theory that no one who isn't a licensed doctor or physician (Because doctors aren't only medical ones, FYI.) Some people that aren't in that profession know a good deal about medicine. We aren't always wrong. Avid followers can determine what's going on sometimes. Just because you're an attorney doesn't mean that you know everything now and that the rest of us know nothing. Chill out.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:53 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

Geez, never knew we had such snotty fans!

Relax dude..no one is trying to form an intelligent medical opinion here..and no one is trying to be a coach or a whatever. We're saying plain and simple, we'd rather be safe then sorry. And I'm all for that. I happen to agree with the poster who said he'd rather have Staal be cleared for contact, practice the whole month of January symptom free, with no set backs, and come back after the All Star Break. That's our opinions, and we are entitled to them, just as you are entitled to yours, but there's no need to talk down to us or come off as condescending, which no offense, you are.

We all want the best for Marc. We want him back ASAP, but we want him back 100% healthy and to not have a recurrence of what he just went through. What just happened to Crosby after he spent all that time prepping to come back, only to get injured again with the first big hit he took, should underscore that even more.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM
John Torturella

Quote:

The words 'I am an attorney' certainly explain a lot.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

im excited and i think staal will be back before the end of january.

(i hope this post is ok with RangerEsq)

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Shut up about Staal. All of you.

He comes back when he comes back. If he doesn't this year then we move on, if he does then he'll be very welcome to our blue line.

Obviously it will be ideal to have him come back sooner rather than later. It would be even more ideal for Sauer to come back sooner rather than later as well. However, what we say has no substance on when either will return. It's like obsessing over a health problem you have before you go to see the doctor. You stress yourself out about it, you think you know what the outcome will be, but in reality it could turn out to be something completely different once you see the doctor.

We have no idea when either player will come back nor is there any use in speculating a return date. If they come back we should be thankful, if they don't it gives other players a chance to come in and gain NHL experience - for our up and coming prospects this is vital experience.

If Staal comes back in 2 weeks then that's great, if he comes back in 2 months, that's great too. Some of you will disagree, that's natural, all I can say is that it seems common for players in contact sports to have reoccurring concussions (once they've already gotten one), at least that is a tendency I've noticed. Since that is the case there is a decent chance that Staal and Sauer may experience some symptoms after a few hits, as Sidney Crosby has, and if that happens I don't think all of you should judge the judgement of our medical staff.

As for the lawyer, you made some very big generalizations and claims. Law and medicine are not similar fields, especially in the sense that you are talking about. More people are inclined to talk about health because it is more common for someone to experience a medical problem than a legal problem. I'm not saying that any poster here who has assumed the best for Staal knows what they are talking about, nor am I claiming that your points are incorrect (as I do agree with them), but take it easy with such large generalizations buddy. You don't also need to go to such great lengths to dump on everyone. Regardless of how intellectual or reasonable your post and opinion are there will always be the idiot who is ignorant to any logic and reason you may have and claim that you are wrong to get under your skin.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:36 PM
dccuse

Quote:

You're not the only attorney on the board. "literally every non attorney..."?

Most of law is based on common sense so this is just wrong.

And it's embarrassing. Speak for yourself.

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:50 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Motion to dismiss this post!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote