HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2011, 04:34 PM
spot

vCash: 500
For a big, young, skilled, number 1 center like Getzlaf I would offer:

Jordan Eberle
Gagner
EDM 1st 2012

for

Ryan Getzlaf

Oilers get bigger in the top 6. Although sacraficing a great young top end player in Eberle.

Smyth Getzlaf Hemsky
Hall Nugent-Hokins paajarvi
Jones Horcoff Eager
Hordi Belanger Petrell

Lander

Old
12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
dirtyman*

I take Getzlaf over Sedin any day of the week. My opinion , but I feel he is the better player , gritty , physical , better shot (although lacks using it ), doesn't dive etc..

Old
12-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
This is actually a very fair offer. Sure buffalo looses their top tier #1 center but they get a 1B center in roy and much needed scoring depth.
I actually think buffalo overpays, but thats what it would need. Overpayment.

Old
12-23-2011, 04:45 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
And it still isn't close.
I guess you are just going to have to wait for the Leafs to make a deal with Pens so the Leafs can add Crosby

If Getzlaf is playing like he doesn't want to be there.....he won't be there much longer! Maybe he didn't see eye to eye with the old coach, and sees even less with the new one!

Maybe he just doesn't like the city of Anahiem.... do you know all the factors taken into consideration? Maybe it's hard for him to get motivated to play hockey when the temperature is 80 + degrees!!! I know it's hard for me to get motivated to play golf when the temp is -40!!!! List of factors none of us have a clue about!!!

Old
12-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
I actually think buffalo overpays, but thats what it would need. Overpayment.
Not sure if I would take it or not, but thats probably the best offer Ive seen for Getzlaf, well done

We get a lower 1st line center to replace Getzlaf, another Top 6 forward, a nice prospect and a couple draft picks.

Old
12-23-2011, 04:52 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Not sure if I would take it or not, but thats probably the best offer Ive seen for Getzlaf, well done

We get a lower 1st line center to replace Getzlaf, another Top 6 forward, a nice prospect and a couple draft picks.
Didn't I see that Anaheim is looking to shed $$? If that's the case, I would expect more picks and prospects rather than top-6ers.

Old
12-23-2011, 04:53 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
I guess you are just going to have to wait for the Leafs to make a deal with Pens so the Leafs can add Crosby

If Getzlaf is playing like he doesn't want to be there.....he won't be there much longer! Maybe he didn't see eye to eye with the old coach, and sees even less with the new one!

Maybe he just doesn't like the city of Anahiem.... do you know all the factors taken into consideration? Maybe it's hard for him to get motivated to play hockey when the temperature is 80 + degrees!!! I know it's hard for me to get motivated to play golf when the temp is -40!!!! List of factors none of us have a clue about!!!
You're taking this awfully personal... we don't like what you're offering so just move on. Why are you so offended that in the ducks fans opinions you don't have the pieces that our team needs to land Getzlaf?

Old
12-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:

I think your gm would do it if he was hypothetically contempleting trading getzlaf. Roy keeps your team competive, and ennis is a good young talent. Furthermore, when looking at buffalo's drafting record, pysyk is almost guaranteed to become a good NHL'er and the first would be the cherry on top.

From a fan of neither team, I think you guys would make out as winners, especially when you consider getzlaf is a year and a half away from being paid 8.5 million a year for the considerable future.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:00 PM
illpucks

getzlaf would be a big move like thornton

Old
12-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Franchise13

Bored, so... Division rivals aside, how about:

Couture+Murray (Maybe add a 1?)

For

Ryan

Anaheim gets the 2C they want, who's young and under contract with a value (hit/length) similar to Ryan. Ryan has had the higher peak, probably more naturally talented. Couture most likely projects to be the better two way player at a more coveted position. JT gets his Right Handed natural winger that he does wonders setting up. SJ has the center depth to offset the loss of Couture, while upgrading the wing immensely.

If Logan is going to play wing anyway, why not upgrade it? If Ducks want a center for Ryan... Seems like a decent enough fit.

Havlat/JT/Ryan
Clowe/Marleau/Pavs (Maybe flipflop Pavs and Marleau)

Vlasic/Burns
Boyle/Vandermeer
Braun/Demers

Ducks fans, it's ok to tell me I'm off my rocker, won't take it personally. How's the value though?

Old
12-23-2011, 05:10 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
You're taking this awfully personal... we don't like what you're offering so just move on. Why are you so offended that in the ducks fans opinions you don't have the pieces that our team needs to land Getzlaf?
I haven't taken this personal in the Least!!! I pesonally don't care where Getzlaf gets traded to!!! If the leafs get him it will be because Burke is willing to give up what he thinks Getzlaf is worth!

I have never ever made a trade proposal because I have no Idea what players are worth, but like everything has a price...the price is what someone is willing to pay!!! Not what HFers here are willing to accept and refuse.

It's great fun in speculating....but many factors go into making a trade. IE capspace, Number of contracts, people forget you may not go over the 50 contract limit!! so sometimes a 4 for 1 trade simply does not work....etc etc.

I know there are lots of Leaf fans who are jumping for joy over Eric Staal rumors...But they are not realistic ...If $8.2 mill is comming in...$8.2 mill must be going out, It's that simple.

Wow, I just checked out CapGeek, Niether one of the big 3 has a NTC or NMC, Kiss one of thier ***** goodbye!!!! But don't worry Ducks fans....someone will Over pay for either Getz, Perry or Ryan. They may even overpay for Beauchemin

Last edited by OlderTimer*: 12-23-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old
12-23-2011, 05:18 PM
AlvintheChoster

What would it take to get Murray on the Canucks?

Old
12-23-2011, 05:24 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
Bored, so... Division rivals aside, how about:

Couture+Murray (Maybe add a 1?)

For

Ryan

Anaheim gets the 2C they want, who's young and under contract with a value (hit/length) similar to Ryan. Ryan has had the higher peak, probably more naturally talented. Couture most likely projects to be the better two way player at a more coveted position. JT gets his Right Handed natural winger that he does wonders setting up. SJ has the center depth to offset the loss of Couture, while upgrading the wing immensely.

If Logan is going to play wing anyway, why not upgrade it? If Ducks want a center for Ryan... Seems like a decent enough fit.

Havlat/JT/Ryan
Clowe/Marleau/Pavs (Maybe flipflop Pavs and Marleau)

Vlasic/Burns
Boyle/Vandermeer
Braun/Demers

Ducks fans, it's ok to tell me I'm off my rocker, won't take it personally. How's the value though?
I would do it without the first, but Duck fans wouldn't do it without the first. I like Bobby, but Couture has been really impressive ever since he came up and he has exactly the attitude we need. I'd be hesitant to trade him even for a clear upgrade in Ryan.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Didn't I see that Anaheim is looking to shed $$? If that's the case, I would expect more picks and prospects rather than top-6ers.
Maybe, but in a trade for the Big 3 that would not be the case. Trading someone like Lydman, Lubo, Koivu, Hagman would be to shed money.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
I haven't taken this personal in the Least!!! I pesonally don't care where Getzlaf gets traded to!!! If the leafs get him it will be because Burke is willing to give up what he thinks Getzlaf is worth!

I have never ever made a trade proposal because I have no Idea what players are worth, but like everything has a price...the price is what someone is willing to pay!!! Not what HFers here are willing to accept and refuse.

It's great fun in speculating....but many factors go into making a trade. IE capspace, Number of contracts, people forget you may not go over the 50 contract limit!! so sometimes a 4 for 1 trade simply does not work....etc etc.

I know there are lots of Leaf fans who are jumping for joy over Eric Staal rumors...But they are not realistic ...If $8.2 mill is comming in...$8.2 mill must be going out, It's that simple.

Wow, I just checked out CapGeek, Niether one of the big 3 has a NTC or NMC, Kiss one of thier ***** goodbye!!!! But don't worry Ducks fans....someone will Over pay for either Getz, Perry or Ryan. They may even overpay for Beauchemin
Seems like youre taking it extremely personally, evident by the little shot at Ducks fans at the end over the Beauchemin trade, which for some reason Leafs fans bring up in every thread about a Ducks player. And btw it doesnt matter what Burke thinks Getzlaf is worth, it matter what the Ducks think Getzlaf is worth. And more than likely, a team with better assets than Toronto will outbid them. Toronto has the assets to get Ryan, but not Getzlaf.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Seems like youre taking it extremely personally, evident by the little shot at Ducks fans at the end over the Beauchemin trade, which for some reason Leafs fans bring up in every thread about a Ducks player. And btw it doesnt matter what Burke thinks Getzlaf is worth, it matter what the Ducks think Getzlaf is worth. And more than likely, a team with better assets than Toronto will outbid them. Toronto has the assets to get Ryan, but not Getzlaf.
I only meant it as a joke!!! I didn't know that Leaf fans bring it up every thread or I would not have done it! I know the feeling everytime the Bruins bring up the Kessel trade so for this I apologize. You also misunderstood my post.

IE...if the Ducks feel the best players they want from the Leafs...say ..I don't know...Schenn, Kadri/Colbourne Kulemin, Gardner/Gunnersson or whatever the combination is or a combination of players...the deal will get done if Burke feels he can give it up.

If Burke feels the the combo is not what he wants to give up it won't get done...See Jeff Carter deal....Kulemin was the deal breaker! It's not what you o I say...it's what the GM's say.

To reply to your teams with better assets will outbid the Leafs...Most likely the Leafs would not even be in it.

Old
12-23-2011, 06:00 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

I'd like to try my hand in this "Be a GM" thing.

To Detroit:
- LW/RW? Bobby Ryan
- C Andrew Cogliano

To Anaheim:
-Det 2012 First Pick
- C/W Jiri Hudler
- LW/C Justin Abdelkader
- LW Tomas Tatar

I think it's near fair at the least. I'm not sure if the Ducks absolutely must have a Dman in the deal. I love how Detroit would look if this deal went through though:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Ryan
Filppula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Miller-Helm-Cleary
Holmstrom-Cogliano-Mursak

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Stuart
Kindl-Ericsson

Howard

Old
12-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Pockets16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post
Riiiiight.

Phil Kessel was had for 2 1sts and a 2nd, and most viewed that as Burke getting the shaft.

Your proposal is basically two nearly developed high first round picks, and ANOTHER first round pick. No way Burke does that trade, especially for a guy on pace to finish the year with 41 points. Burke wouldn't trade Schenn for Tavares when everyone thought Tavares was the second coming, what makes you think he'd come close to considering adding a blue chip prospect and another draft pick on top of that for a struggling highly paid player?
Lol you aren't gonna get Tavares for Schenn, no way in hell. I know leaf fans love when Burke opens his mouth about trade possibilities but this is a joke.

Old
12-23-2011, 06:22 PM
AlvintheChoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I'd like to try my hand in this "Be a GM" thing.

To Detroit:
- LW/RW? Bobby Ryan
- C Andrew Cogliano

To Anaheim:
-Det 2012 First Pick
- C/W Jiri Hudler
- LW/C Justin Abdelkader
- LW Tomas Tatar

I think it's near fair at the least. I'm not sure if the Ducks absolutely must have a Dman in the deal. I love how Detroit would look if this deal went through though:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Ryan
Filppula-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Miller-Helm-Cleary
Holmstrom-Cogliano-Mursak

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Stuart
Kindl-Ericsson

Howard
Try again.

Old
12-23-2011, 06:31 PM
SFKingshomer

Getzlaf has a terrible attitude and work ethic. He could be a top 5 player if he gave his all and stopped taking dumb penalties.

Old
12-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I really don't think the Ducks would/will be trading Getzlaf. Let's face it, they're lacking in offensive talent and need a couple of strong attacking players, what sense would trading away their captain and best (in my opinion Getzlaf > Ryan) for downgrades?

Pittsburgh would have to pass on any such deal however. The salary cap would prevent any real movement but with Sidney Crosby out we only have Malkin and Staal as top 6 centers and if we traded Staal away, we'd be lacking. If I had to offer though, I'd go for;

Jordan Staal
Eric Tangradi
Paul Martin
1st 2012

Ryan Getzlaf

Potentially add Cogliano into it but I don't think the value would there if he was added.

Old
12-23-2011, 06:46 PM
chewey
dmitri

Matt Duchene for Bobby Ryan + 2nd

Old
12-23-2011, 06:48 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvintheChoster View Post
Try again.
It'd be nice to know some standards instead of an arbitrary "try again"

Old
12-23-2011, 06:53 PM
wynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I really don't think the Ducks would/will be trading Getzlaf. Let's face it, they're lacking in offensive talent and need a couple of strong attacking players, what sense would trading away their captain and best (in my opinion Getzlaf > Ryan) for downgrades?

Pittsburgh would have to pass on any such deal however. The salary cap would prevent any real movement but with Sidney Crosby out we only have Malkin and Staal as top 6 centers and if we traded Staal away, we'd be lacking. If I had to offer though, I'd go for;

Jordan Staal
Eric Tangradi
Paul Martin
1st 2012

Ryan Getzlaf

Potentially add Cogliano into it but I don't think the value would there if he was added.
I don't think Anaheim would be looking to take on 4M

Old
12-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
Matt Duchene for Bobby Ryan + 2nd
I'd do that, not sure Colorado would.

Closed Thread