HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GuyF - Platt, McDonald?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2003, 03:05 PM
  #1
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,722
vCash: 500
GuyF - Platt, McDonald?

I was wondering if you talked to the Oilers' scout about McDonald and Platt yet, still waiting for the scoop on Platt especially.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
11-03-2003, 08:27 PM
  #2
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I was wondering if you talked to the Oilers' scout about McDonald and Platt yet, still waiting for the scoop on Platt especially.
I have talked to him about both of them... during the planning for the top 20 article about 3 weeks ago. Anything you want to know in particular?

I am planning on talking to both of those players, possibly at the same time, sometime this season.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 05:35 PM
  #3
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I have talked to him about both of them... during the planning for the top 20 article about 3 weeks ago. Anything you want to know in particular?

I am planning on talking to both of those players, possibly at the same time, sometime this season.
I think it's probably a bit too early to examine MacDonald under the microscope but Platt is ready to leave college after this season so an in-depth scouting report of him would be muchly appreciated.

You can always get a decent indication of a forwards' success by reading the stats, but for a stay at home defenceman there's absolutely nothing to go on except for the opinions of other people.

I was just wondering if he is dominant at the college level now, and what kind of speed, mobility, awareness he has and how good he is at winning battles in front of the net and along the boards. I hope he is playing a regular shift on the pk down there, for a stay at home senior in college that would be expected of him.

Thanks again Guy!

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 09:09 PM
  #4
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I think it's probably a bit too early to examine MacDonald under the microscope but Platt is ready to leave college after this season so an in-depth scouting report of him would be muchly appreciated.

You can always get a decent indication of a forwards' success by reading the stats, but for a stay at home defenceman there's absolutely nothing to go on except for the opinions of other people.

I was just wondering if he is dominant at the college level now, and what kind of speed, mobility, awareness he has and how good he is at winning battles in front of the net and along the boards. I hope he is playing a regular shift on the pk down there, for a stay at home senior in college that would be expected of him.

Thanks again Guy!
Well guess who read this thread on our boards and emailed me about it? Oiler scout Chris McCarthy... and he did give me a bit of a run down on how Platt's doing. However, it's an "off the record" email for now so you'll have to wait a bit. I am going to hook up with Chris at a Red Deer rebels game later this month and I'll be going over lots with him. In fact, I might start a thread looking for questions...

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
11-04-2003, 09:47 PM
  #5
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Well guess who read this thread on our boards and emailed me about it? Oiler scout Chris McCarthy... and he did give me a bit of a run down on how Platt's doing. However, it's an "off the record" email for now so you'll have to wait a bit. I am going to hook up with Chris at a Red Deer rebels game later this month and I'll be going over lots with him. In fact, I might start a thread looking for questions...
Whoa, tres cool...

Hiya Chris!


"hafta wait"? Sure, no problem Guy. Here's a pic of me waiting patiently...

:moon:

Oi'll say! is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.