HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The habs are gonna have a wonderful 2nd half of season

Old
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Aurel Joliat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
- we see all of Cammalleri, Gomez, Gill, Campoli, Kaberle traded by the deadline
2 weeks ago we were the only team in the NHL willing to take Kaberle and you think that we'll be able to trade him before the deadline ?

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Which is pretty much what a lot of folks want including the poster you quoted. I don't see what you're trying to argue in favor of here.
If you'd actually read my post carefuly, you'd know I'm not arguing in favor of anything. You'd know I was explaining something that most people seem to ignore.

If they do this, it's because the imperative wasn't met. The only way out of the process is failure in the process, but that doesn't mean it's the process itself that was the problem, but the imperative which limited part of the solutions for long term viability.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 12-23-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

I'm optimistic that this will finally mean that we'll break out of this cycle of mediocrity and finally build a team with long term vision instead of this quick fix crap we've had for the last decade. Our farm and scouting system has become much stronger, its time for the front office to match it.

I'd like to see a truly terrible season to usher in some meaningful change.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:06 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Controversy strikes in 2476 as the Habs hire a unilingual Klingon coach.
The controversy ends abruptly after he slays three prominent columnists in bloody duels of honor.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I'm optimistic that this will finally mean that we'll break out of this cycle of mediocrity and finally build a team with long term vision instead of this quick fix crap we've had for the last decade. Our farm and scouting system has become much stronger, its time for the front office to match it.

I'd like to see a truly terrible season to usher in some meaningful change.
I would say our prospect pool was better years ago it used to be top 10 on hockeys future now its in the bottom 10. As far as meaningful change it will happen this off season imo with new gm and such but dont expect that to change much for product on the ice players will still see montreal as career suicide.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
habtastic

WHEN (and yes that's far away) Markov comes back, I think by then the team will be rolling and the board will look quite different around end Feb. I think we should take a snapshot of the threads and some of the posts and compare to when things are going unexpectedly well.

I also believe that this group of guys is capable of more. Sure it may not happen to the extent we hope, but I think every year we forget that the season is full of drama, there are long periods of doubt, of horror, of disappointment, of controversy, but get through it. This time it looks reeeeeal bad, so theyre going to have to turn it around big time, but I think the OP is right. We'll do what the leafs did last year. Make the playoff. I dunno. Make it interesting, yes.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
I would say our prospect pool was better years ago it used to be top 10 on hockeys future now its in the bottom 10. As far as meaningful change it will happen this off season imo with new gm and such but dont expect that to change much for product on the ice players will still see montreal as career suicide.
I never said that our prospect pool was good, only that our scouting department was good. If we keep on giving up 1st and 2nd rounders, we're not going to have a strong prospect pool. I'm talking about a shift in organizational policy. If we can't bring in UFA's, we have to build through the draft. '08 to '11, we've had 3 1sts, 1 2nd and 3 3rds. And those picks have usually been around 20th. From '04 (Timmins first as head scout) to '07, he has a 42% success rate in terms of drafting NHLers which is mind boggling. Our drafting is not an issue, its the quality of picks and the front office.

I doubt we'll see the necessary change, but hey, Molson has yet to really do anything other than maintaining what Boivin has done. Hope springs eternal, perhaps Molson will usher in the change the organization sorely needs.

Last edited by Captain Smurf: 12-23-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old
12-23-2011, 04:46 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
How is that White powder working out for you ?

The Snow outside.
Works for me, makes me even more aware that could end up 26th overall and grab a top five pick.

You're thinking of Hashish, which makes people silly and forgetful. I never touch the stuff.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I appreciate the optimism and positiveness, but in light of the recent scratches, I have little faith in RC being able to turn things around.
Your right, because Subban and Eller were tearing up the ICE when they lost 5-1 the game prior!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:06 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Talking about the possibility that they might be good soon is better than repeating the fatality that they are doomed to suck.

If you were so negative and hopeless, I think most of you wouldn't waste your time on a habs board by now, *****ing and moaning about how things are going so bad for our team.

I just want to keep having fun as a fan.
Good post. We have no choice. We are Habs fans. I think times are dark, but I will never ever stop loving the Habs.

You know what? It would be cool if real Habs fans, who know how tough it is now for these guys, came out on Jan 4 and gave them a big cheer. Yes, I'm pissed at Cammy and others, but man, that would be cool. It's exactly the opposite of what the players will expect.

Sadly will not happen though. Wish it would, it would pick the team up. It's Hockey, it's a game of spirit. We could give these guys some spirit by giving them an ovation when they get back. Do they deserve it? No. But let's cheer them as Habs fans. Let's show them support.

I'm a long way away, I can't go to the game. Maybe you guys could organize one small section of the Bell that shows total support to our guys on the 4th. I think it would help the guys big time right now.

That would show class as Habs fans.

I leave it to you guys. Get on twitter, tell Mike Boone. Get 5000 people at the bell to give them a big cheer of support when they get back. Man, That would touch our players, and tell them they are in a great hockey city, not a **** one.

We can't help the guys on the ice, but we can damn well tell them we are behind them.

It's the last thing you guys want to do, but I think it would be classy and brilliant. Anyone up for organizing this?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Good post. We have no choice. We are Habs fans. I think times are dark, but I will never ever stop loving the Habs.

You know what? It would be cool if real Habs fans, who know how tough it is now for these guys, came out on Jan 4 and gave them a big cheer. Yes, I'm pissed at Cammy and others, but man, that would be cool. It's exactly the opposite of what the players will expect.

Sadly will not happen though. Wish it would, it would pick the team up. It's Hockey, it's a game of spirit. We could give these guys some spirit by giving them an ovation when they get back. Do they deserve it? No. But let's cheer them as Habs fans. Let's show them support.

I'm a long way away, I can't go to the game. Maybe you guys could organize one small section of the Bell that shows total support to our guys on the 4th. I think it would help the guys big time right now.

I leave it to you guys. Get on twitter, tell Mike Boone. Get 5000 people at the bell to give them a big cheer of support when they get back. Man, That would touch our players, and tell them they are in a great hockey city, not a **** one.

We can't help the guys on the ice, but we can damn well tell them we are behind them.

It's the last thing you guys want to do, but I think it would be classy and brilliant. Anyone up for organizing this?
If I lived in Montreal I'd be all for this.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:12 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
If I lived in Montreal I'd be all for this.
Second.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Evil Ted

Its the negativity thats going to cost this team. Carey Price is Montreals chip in the big game and probably is thinking twice about staying long term with this club. Hate rallys and language issues are not helping. Yea sorry smurf I mis-read your post you are spot on.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:30 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

This.

We loooove to have a part to play in our favorite team's success. Just look at us in the playoffs.

Crapping all over their faces are not gonna help anyone. If you want to see a thread like this sooner than later, it's time to become a believer again.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=770044

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Well not really a choice now. They're going to need a wonderful 2nd half if they wish to be in the playoffs.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:54 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Well not really a choice now. They're going to need a wonderful 2nd half if they wish to be in the playoffs.
They actually have the horses to do it. Especially with the East being so weak, but they need way better luck with injuries and decent coaching.

I'm just not sure either is very likely.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Milhouse40

Well.....if the habs wants to turn things around.......they actually have to turn things around.

Trade??.....easier said than done....very very few trade in the NHL there days.
So mayby that's not an option.

Let's look inside first:

If the line kind of stay the same.....Team will stay the same.
Now we need to be agressive offensively, and get back to what work in the past as a starting point and try new things.

There's too much possibilities on that team.
Here's one for you

First let assume everbody's ready to go:

Desharnais - Plekanec - Cole (DD on the wing....his size hurts us so much in the middle)
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta (that line worked well last year)
Cammalleri - Eller - Kostitsyn (Dangerous.....very dangerous)
Moen - Leblanc - White (Energy)

Markov - Gorges
Kaberle - Subban
Emelin - Diaz (Diaz is right so....we kind of need him and Emelin better on the left)

PP UNITS

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Markov - Subban

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kostitsyn
Kaberle - Diaz

I think that kind of line up could very effective if use offensively.
Mayby able to turns things around and make a lot of players more effective!

Use Darche, Nokeleinen, Weber, Campoli, Gill to get whatever you can.

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:53 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Well.....if the habs wants to turn things around.......they actually have to turn things around.

Let's look inside first:

Now we need to be agressive offensively, and get back to what work in the past as a starting point and try new things.

Here's one for you

Desharnais - Plekanec - Cole (DD on the wing....his size hurts us so much in the middle)

Markov - Gorges
Kaberle - Subban
Emelin - Diaz (Diaz is right so....we kind of need him and Emelin better on the left)

PP UNITS

Markov - Subban

Kaberle - Diaz

I like you, I like you a lot!

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:58 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Talking about the possibility that they might be good soon is better than repeating the fatality that they are doomed to suck.

If you were so negative and hopeless, I think most of you wouldn't waste your time on a habs board by now, *****ing and moaning about how things are going so bad for our team.

I just want to keep having fun as a fan.
I hear you, I will cheer for them no matter. I used to just take pride in overacheiving, ie. defeating the Bruins when they would finish top seed and we would finish 8, but the problem now is we have underacheived for so long, even the years we finished first or went to the conference final, these were on the backs of great goalies, or a great powerplay, not a great team. Then the Bruins win the cup (a total slap in the face), and now it seems nothing this organization does makes any sense. I cheer, I will continue to cheer, but wow what a bunch of overpaid babies.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:08 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
It's possible. When gionta and company come back well be stronger but I question the strength of our 2nd half. Enough to do what? Finish 8-9th I'd we indeed do have this strong run? I don't see this team as one that would have a Boston like streak so that limits what I consider a strong showing. Relative to now? Sure. Relative to rest of league? Doubt it
Go back and check the stats but I remember the year we traded for Gilmour we were way out of a playoff spot and we finished the season something crazy like 11-0-5 or something and squeaked in, it was pretty awesome. Thing is I'm sick of squeaking in, its great having something to cheer for, but I really wish we could have this whole organization shaken up, get some big bodies, get a true #1 center, get a Ken Holland like GM, something to be proud of.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
I believe someday soon our luck will change and we will strike gold in the draft, snatch a late Giroux or Datsyuk in the draft. It can't always be the other teams.
When we get that offensive star, it's all upward from there. All the way to 25.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Here's to firing Gauthier!!!

Happy holidays everybody!!!
That's all I needed to read in this thread. /Thread

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:34 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
People still think we're going to make the playoffs? Unfortunately Markov will make us finish 9th or 10th instead of 14th and we'll get a crappy pick on top of no playoffs.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post

Let's look inside first:

Here's one for you

Markov - Gorges
Kaberle - Subban

PP UNITS

Markov - Subban

Kaberle - Diaz

The only way I can see Gomez help the team out now is by helping them earn his salary doing something constructive.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:40 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
I believe someday soon our luck will change and we will strike gold in the draft, snatch a late Giroux or Datsyuk in the draft. It can't always be the other teams.
When we get that offensive star, it's all upward from there. All the way to 25.
I don't think its luck, Detroit has been picking up skilled players from the least likely places for a long time, they have great pro scouting and upper management, I hate repeating this crap but I do believe that Montreal is just to much of a media circus to bring in young players, to much distraction/pressure etc. I think it takes a special group of guys to play and be successful here and I really don't believe this is the group. Too soft, no heart, overpaid, ego trippin, injuries, no veteran leadership, Molson setting up new coach to fail, horrible trades for overpaid has beens. This list just goes on and on and I think will get longer before it gets shorter.