HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chelios still looks like he can play...

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Coffey77

vCash: 500
Chelios still looks like he can play...

Another year. Yzerman looks pretty much done although he's still contributing a bit but Chelios is doing ok.

I remember reading that after the 2002 Stanley Cup he said he felt like he could play another 10 years.

If he can keep up this play I wouldn't mind him coming back for what he's getting now $850,000. Pretty sick he's still playing at 43. To give you an idea of how old he is, when the Miracle on Ice happened in 1980 he was 18. Just a year older and he might have been on team USA.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:25 PM
doublejack

I tried telling people he still has it. Last year I saw him play a ton with the Motor City Mechanics and he put Hatcher to shame on a nightly basis. Cheli is an ideal 6th D-man. He can cope with limited ice time whereas a youngster would be stunted in that role, he is great on the PK, and he can step up into the top 4 as required. Chris even has decent speed still.

Barring the unforseen I think it's pretty likely Chelios will be back for at least one more year.

Old
12-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Cruiser008

I honest thought Chelios was DONE but he has held his own since the injuries to Kronwall and Fischer. One wonders how long he can keep this up though.

Old
12-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Shoalzie

If he still wants to play, someone will have him on their team. The guy is a gamer. I never question is heart and desire, you just wait for his body and skills to breakdown. The guy is a marvel...I wouldn't mind him hanging around another year. I'd be stunned if Yzerman doesn't retire after this year...Chelios, on the other hand, I can see him playing again. He should be on the Olympic team this year...the Americans desperately need some toughness on defense.

Old
12-12-2005, 08:47 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

I wouldn’t mind having Chelios back next. He is playing solid defence at the moment, after a shaking start. I think that he would be a great 5th/6th defenseman on the roster next year!

Lidstrom – Kronwall
Schneider – UFA?
Woolley (Fisher) – Chelios

Looks very good to me!

Old
12-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
My fear is because of injures and illness to Fisch and Kronwall the old man legs are gonna fall off come April and May.

Closed Thread