HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik- Countdown to 50 (11-12 edition)

Old
12-23-2011, 12:19 AM
GodlyRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I'm the resident lunatic of the board who thinks we should trade Gaborik now while his value is high for someone like Bobby Ryan. Mainly because of my doubts about his ability to remain consistently effective in the playoffs when the intensity and physicality of the games increase, I still feel this way.
Gaborik is now first in the league in Goals per Game and there is still someone that would want to trade him for Bobby Ryan. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

GodlyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:22 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
my buddy at work is always talking shiat about Gabby..........I wonder how he likes 20 goals before xmas , lol
Tom, is that you?

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyRangers View Post
Gaborik is now first in the league in Goals per Game and there is still someone that would want to trade him for Bobby Ryan. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Lol calm down much? I'm not going to derail this thread so please just relax.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:34 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Remember when so many people wanted to trade Gaborik last season?

And I was one of them.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Remember when so many people wanted to trade Gaborik last season?

And I was one of them.
As long as you eat your crow im fine with it. Gaborik has consistently been good over his career. Every player has a down year. And even in a down year Gabby nearly led the team in scoring. I think most of us can agree that he wasn't 100% last season either.

And Zucc Awesome, I'm really not sure if you watched Gaborik before last season because that might be indicative of your constant whining to trade him for Ryan, but the player we are seeing now, is the player Gaborik has been his entire career minus last season.

He is consistently this good. And this is quite easily the best team hes ever played on. So acting like he won't show up in the playoffs is asinine. He will be fine as long as he is healthy and the team is not trying to ride his back to victory.

Gaborik is better than Ryan and I don't even think its that close.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
As long as you eat your crow im fine with it. Gaborik has consistently been good over his career. Every player has a down year. And even in a down year Gabby nearly led the team in scoring. I think most of us can agree that he wasn't 100% last season either.

And Zucc Awesome, I'm really not sure if you watched Gaborik before last season because that might be indicative of your constant whining to trade him for Ryan, but the player we are seeing now, is the player Gaborik has been his entire career minus last season.

He is consistently this good. And this is quite easily the best team hes ever played on. So acting like he won't show up in the playoffs is asinine. He will be fine as long as he is healthy and the team is not trying to ride his back to victory.

Gaborik is better than Ryan and I don't even think its that close.
I'm okay with you feeling that way. But do you really think Gaborik at 7.5 is better than Ryan at 5.0?

And like Ive said many times now, I'm concerned with whether or not Gaborik can produce the same way and be a comsistently effective player in the playoffs.

In his first playoffs ever, he scored 9 goals and 17 points in 18 games.

Since then, in his last 16 playoff games (spanning three different seasons/series), Gaborik has 4 goals and 7 points. He has 1 goal in his last 11 playoff games. He is very good at one dimension. But it's still just one dimension and when the going gets tough, I don't think he's capable of making the necessary adjustments to be anywhere near the level he's been at these last 30 games. Only time will tell, and I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm a die -hard rangers fan above all else.

Old
12-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
I'm okay with you feeling that way. But do you really think Gaborik at 7.5 is better than Ryan at 5.0?

And like Ive said many times now, I'm concerned with whether or not Gaborik can produce the same way and be a comsistently effective player in the playoffs.

Since then, in his last 16 playoff games (spanning three different seasons/series), Gaborik has 4 goals and 7 points. He has 1 goal in his last 11 playoff games. He is very good at one dimension. But it's still just one dimension and when the going gets tough, I don't think he's capable of making the necessary adjustments to be anywhere near the level he's been at these last 30 games. Only time will tell, and I'd love to be proven wrong. I'm a die -hard rangers fan above all else.
I'm really not sure how Gaborik has been labeled one-dimensional by so many people. Well, actually, it's not really "so many" people saying this, but I still don't understand how ANYONE can say this. Especially a Ranger fan that watches him on a daily basis.

The guy is an incredible skater, I mean, really unbelievably good, and he's by no means a bruiser. But just because those things are true does not mean that Gaborik is one of those perimeter players that tend to disappear when the intensity ratchets up. He scores so many of his goals from down low, he's adequate, if not great on the cycle, and he's constantly involved on the back check.

How is he only good at one dimension? I'll take Gabby on my playoff team without thinking twice.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:10 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Gabby wasn't constantly injured he'd be considered in higher regard.

He does NOT get enough credit for getting dirty goals, he does not shy away from contact despite what some try to perpetuate, he just doesn't slam into people. He's also defensively responsible more often than not.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

vCash: 50
for those of you who thought this thread was a jinx:

what happened was, Gaborik was down on himself, and mumbled under his breath, "I no score 50 goals this year. I no score even 40...maybe i just go back home and work at the market."

Dubinsky heard him saying this and took him by the hand down a long hallway into a side room where a single laptop was opened and he pointed. "Here Gabs, take a look at this."
"What's thees?"
"It's Hfboards. And Hfboards thinks you're gunna get 50 this year."
"Me?" His eyes swelled.
"Yeah...you. Now go out there and get that 50."
They embraced, and now he's going to score 50 goals.

it's that simple guys.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:55 AM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post

what happened was, Gaborik was down on himself, and mumbled under his breath, "I no score 50 goals this year. I no score even 40...maybe i just go back home and work at the market."

Dubinsky heard him saying this and took him by the hand down a long hallway into a side room where a single laptop was opened and he pointed. "Here Gabs, take a look at this."
"What's thees?"
"Me?" His eyes swelled.

it's that simple guys.

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:00 AM
msv957

Gaborik is a racehorse! He is just a great player. Amazing skater and is dangerous every time he is on the ice.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:37 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
my buddy at work is always talking shiat about Gabby..........I wonder how he likes 20 goals before xmas , lol
Should ask the Gaborik haters on this board too. Even if the guy scored 60+ goals, they would still *****. Haters gunna hate. But hey, they are all entitled to their crazy opinion.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:10 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
11 through 31 games last season. Then 11 more rest of the way including 4 in 1 game (Leafs).
My fault. I meant 2 years ago when he hit 42. I remember him scoring almost every game and then getting into a big slump and finishing strong.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

Quote:

bobby ryan is on pace for 41 points. marian gaborik is on pace for 51 goals. so yes i will say gaborik is better at 7.5 than Ryan at 5.0 right now.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:32 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post

"What's thees?"
"Me?" His eyes swelled.

it's that simple guys.
I think Dubinsky called Chase and asked them to transfer all of his goals over to Gabby

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Imclaudelemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I'm really not sure how Gaborik has been labeled one-dimensional by so many people. Well, actually, it's not really "so many" people saying this, but I still don't understand how ANYONE can say this. Especially a Ranger fan that watches him on a daily basis.

The guy is an incredible skater, I mean, really unbelievably good, and he's by no means a bruiser. But just because those things are true does not mean that Gaborik is one of those perimeter players that tend to disappear when the intensity ratchets up. He scores so many of his goals from down low, he's adequate, if not great on the cycle, and he's constantly involved on the back check.

How is he only good at one dimension? I'll take Gabby on my playoff team without thinking twice.
Agree. Gaborik has a quick, sneaky, stick lift and it works for him a lot. Kind of like Datsyuk. He ain't physical but his defensive stick work is above average.

Imclaudelemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I think Dubinsky called Chase and asked them to transfer all of his goals over to Gabby
he would too. thats a team player right thurr.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
bobby ryan is on pace for 41 points. marian gaborik is on pace for 51 goals. so yes i will say gaborik is better at 7.5 than Ryan at 5.0 right now.
Sick argument!

That's as asinine as me saying Ryan is better simply because he outscores Gaborik by over 20 points last season.

Last year was the year you're allowed to have an off year. This year is the one that counts, though. Any player having a down year this season SUCKS!

Come on now. Bring something productive to the conversation or just don't post. It's that simple.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:26 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Surprised this thread wasn't bumped on the night he took over the league lead (21 goals in 33 games).

He's been an absolute pleasure to watch so far this year.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

one more and hes tied for as many as he had all year last season.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:36 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

He's been a force on the ice virtually every shift. He's physically engaging, too, which is awesome to see.

RANGERS =
we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

I like the way this looks.

Great job, Gabby!

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:46 AM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

This team is special.

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:17 AM
beastly115

Quote:
I'm the resident lunatic of the board who thinks we should trade Gaborik now while his value is high for someone like Bobby Ryan. Mainly because of my doubts about his ability to remain consistently effective in the playoffs when the intensity and physicality of the games increase, I still feel this way.

HOWEVER, I must give credit where it is due. Gaborik has been all over the rink, involved, pushing the envelope and creating chances every game. He's currently on pace for 51 goals. I'm still a big Gabby fan, and I honestly hope he proves me wrong. But I just wanted to give him props for once again, being this teams offensive leader while allowing Richards to settle in and help another line. I'm sure at some point before the end of the season, well see Richards with Gaborik tried again. But Id be thrilled if we head into the playoffs with Gaborik and Richards thriving on separate lines with the option of putting them together if we need a spark or a late goal to tie, ala Crosby and Malkin. It would make us a very difficult team to shut down. Unless......... unless the other team plays the...*GASP*....TRAP!!!!
LOL.

You whine about Gaborik's inability to stay consistent then say you want to trade him for Ryan? The same Bobby Ryan who is even more inconsistent than Gaborik? Look at Gaborik's playoff stats with Minnesota. Guy shows up.

The only thing in your post that makes any sense is when you say you're a lunatic.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 10:50 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post

I like the way this looks.

Great job, Gabby!

The way Gabby scored the goal yesterday...he didn't look like that at all last year.

That's vintage Gaborik. Speed, snipe.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote