HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The habs are gonna have a wonderful 2nd half of season

Old
12-23-2011, 11:45 PM
dutchy29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
People still think we're going to make the playoffs? Unfortunately Markov will make us finish 9th or 10th instead of 14th and we'll get a crappy pick on top of no playoffs.
get Markov healthy for 10 games or so and trade him at the deadline for a first rounder. Throw in Gomez and pay half his salary.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:47 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
get Markov healthy for 10 games or so and trade him at the deadline for a first rounder. Throw in Gomez and pay half his salary.
We trade our best player so we can tank the next 3 years? There's no logic in trading Markov.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:57 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
That's it.

The team has hit rock bottom last night vs a winnipeg jets team that were having a party on ice and fans that went to see a hockey game but foremost a comedy of errors from our beloved montreal canadiens.

Cunneyworth's controversial decision lead to an awful outcome.

The players are ashamed.
The coaches are probably ashamed too.
PG is ashamed
Molson must be bitting his nails.

At one point, after the bickering and the frustration speeches and the blind accusations of the vets toward the youth and vice versa, you gotta start rebuilding from the ashes.

Their time has come to look at themselves in the mirror as individuals and as a team.

The human being has pride. Pride is a part of every player who wears a montreal canadiens shirt or jersey.

Emotions of players, fans and media in montreal hockey world has no shades of gray. This team can't afford to stay in the shady areas of half success or pure fail.

I won't start to evoke plenty of hockey related micro reasons as to why it will be this way. It's just that montreal has lost its hockey magic since the game 7 loss to the bruins. Time to take that ***** back.

Habs on a roll, starting in january 2012 in a bell centre near you.

Discuss
wtf was that? seriously...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:04 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
We trade our best player so we can tank the next 3 years? There's no logic in trading Markov.
I don't remember how he plays? he never plays, never will be the elite D'man I thought he was going to turn out to be because hes damaged goods. Its a dream to think otherwise. Trust me I love Markov, advocated for him for a long time, BUt I really think hes a hit away from retirement.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:10 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Well.....if the habs wants to turn things around.......they actually have to turn things around.

Trade??.....easier said than done....very very few trade in the NHL there days.
So mayby that's not an option.

Let's look inside first:

If the line kind of stay the same.....Team will stay the same.
Now we need to be agressive offensively, and get back to what work in the past as a starting point and try new things.

There's too much possibilities on that team.
Here's one for you

First let assume everbody's ready to go:

Desharnais - Plekanec - Cole (DD on the wing....his size hurts us so much in the middle)
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta (that line worked well last year)
Cammalleri - Eller - Kostitsyn (Dangerous.....very dangerous)
Moen - Leblanc - White (Energy)

Markov - Gorges
Kaberle - Subban
Emelin - Diaz (Diaz is right so....we kind of need him and Emelin better on the left)

PP UNITS

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Markov - Subban

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kostitsyn
Kaberle - Diaz

I think that kind of line up could very effective if use offensively.
Mayby able to turns things around and make a lot of players more effective!

Use Darche, Nokeleinen, Weber, Campoli, Gill to get whatever you can.
Well I'm one of those who really wants us to be seller but if managment doesn't want to hear it that's probably the best lineup we can ice. In fact the top 3 foward lines are almost exactly what everyone had during the offseason except that DD and Cammy are switched. Don't know if we'll ever actually be healthy tough. You can keep Gill and Darche as 7th D and 13th F (if you're not sellers in your scenario you keep them in those spots not to put young guys there)and Noke actually gets the 4th line center spot. There's no way in hell I want Leblanc centering our 4th line, what he needs is 1st line minutes in Hamilton. Getting a 7th round pick is not worth screwing up Leblanc's devellopment.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Well, if we're being real here, it certainly can't get much worse.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
2 weeks ago we were the only team in the NHL willing to take Kaberle and you think that we'll be able to trade him before the deadline ?
We can only hope that some other gm is just as smart as PG...

At least now that he's with us kaberle is putting up some points... Maybe scoring at a decent clip is enough to entice some other dummy into thinking that he might not have regressed as much as he obviously has in the eyes of those who know him best...

More likely that we are stuck with him short of adding the sort of incentive the canes were ready to part with (2nd) until theynfound a desperate fool.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Your right, because Subban and Eller were tearing up the ICE when they lost 5-1 the game prior!
Shall we scratch the whole team considering our performance last game??

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:27 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Shall we scratch the whole team considering our performance last game??
Guys, I'm serious about this. I'll re-post on the matter. I can't do anything but I think you guys can. And by the way, Yes I'd love a top 5 pick, but in the meanwhile let's cheer on the Habs. Even if we lose, at least the Habs players will know we have their back.

Here's my earlier post:

Good post. We have no choice. We are Habs fans. I think times are dark, but I will never ever stop loving the Habs.

You know what? It would be cool if real Habs fans, who know how tough it is now for these guys, came out on Jan 4 and gave them a big cheer. Yes, I'm pissed at Cammy and others, but man, that would be cool. It's exactly the opposite of what the players will expect.

Sadly will not happen though. Wish it would, it would pick the team up. It's Hockey, it's a game of spirit. We could give these guys some spirit by giving them an ovation when they get back. Do they deserve it? No. But let's cheer them as Habs fans. Let's show them support.

I'm a long way away, I can't go to the game. Maybe you guys could organize one small section of the Bell that shows total support to our guys on the 4th. I think it would help the guys big time right now.

That would show class as Habs fans.

I leave it to you guys. Get on twitter, tell Mike Boone. Get 5000 people at the bell to give them a big cheer of support when they get back. Man, That would touch our players, and tell them they are in a great hockey city, not a **** one.

We can't help the guys on the ice, but we can damn well tell them we are behind them.

It's the last thing you guys want to do, but I think it would be classy and brilliant. Anyone up for organizing this?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:46 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Guys, I'm serious about this. I'll re-post on the matter. I can't do anything but I think you guys can. And by the way, Yes I'd love a top 5 pick, but in the meanwhile let's cheer on the Habs. Even if we lose, at least the Habs players will know we have their back.

Here's my earlier post:

Good post. We have no choice. We are Habs fans. I think times are dark, but I will never ever stop loving the Habs.

You know what? It would be cool if real Habs fans, who know how tough it is now for these guys, came out on Jan 4 and gave them a big cheer. Yes, I'm pissed at Cammy and others, but man, that would be cool. It's exactly the opposite of what the players will expect.

Sadly will not happen though. Wish it would, it would pick the team up. It's Hockey, it's a game of spirit. We could give these guys some spirit by giving them an ovation when they get back. Do they deserve it? No. But let's cheer them as Habs fans. Let's show them support.

I'm a long way away, I can't go to the game. Maybe you guys could organize one small section of the Bell that shows total support to our guys on the 4th. I think it would help the guys big time right now.

That would show class as Habs fans.

I leave it to you guys. Get on twitter, tell Mike Boone. Get 5000 people at the bell to give them a big cheer of support when they get back. Man, That would touch our players, and tell them they are in a great hockey city, not a **** one.

We can't help the guys on the ice, but we can damn well tell them we are behind them.

It's the last thing you guys want to do, but I think it would be classy and brilliant. Anyone up for organizing this?
I don't have tickets, and no bidget for scalpers'... but I agree. We REALLY NEED to stop booing our players left and right, especially the young ones who's confidence can be shattered more easily!

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:24 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Timmins would get the same mandate as PG and BG. Any GM would get the same mandate, and in turn, you'll hate every GM we'll get (after some time) because you have zero understanding of were the ultimate volition lies. You essentially have zero realistic pragmatism. The rest that follows shows just how delusional you are. If they make those trades, Habs will surely not make the playoffs, which is the absolute opposite of Molson's imperative.

You better quit the Habs right now, because they will always be stuck in this process. The only way out is an unintended bad season to get a high pick, a situation were they are almost 100% sure that they aren't gonna make the playoffs when trade deadline comes around.
Timmins will be eaten alive because he's an anglo. You know it, we know it.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 04:08 AM
Frank Doby

Sorry guys, it is done for this year. Habs are 6 points away this morning for a place in the series. It is too much for this team. Markov hurt terribly his team this year.

Frank Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 04:15 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I appreciate the optimism and positiveness, but in light of the recent scratches, I have little faith in RC being able to turn things around.
*****ing about the new coach already?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 04:29 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
He's not a new coach. He's Jacques Martin's assistant without any NHL experience. What change can we possibly expect with him at the helm? To me Randy being appointed interim coach was the sign that we've already thrown in the towel on the season and the players are certainly playing that way.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Markov is basically untradeable. A gm would likely be instantly fired for trading for him.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:50 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Timmins will be eaten alive because he's an anglo. You know it, we know it.
he's bilingual isn't he?

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:05 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
wtf was that? seriously...
Hello.

To answer your question about "wtf is that" in all seriousness.

Hope and positivity

Thanks and happy holidays sir.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
I think you should know that I'm not that type of poster.
I'm not whining about the new coach, just saying I don't have much confidence in him. I'm not saying that because of simple, correctable coach mistakes. I'm saying it because of his lack of line management. When/Where he sends his players on the ice, his insistence on rolling 4 lines (wouldn't have a problem with that if our 4th line wasn't Noke-Blunden-Darche. Actually, last game, Blunden was a third liner, Eller healthy scratch and Weber was insisted. Just a horrible 4th line.), and his poor timing concerning scratches.

I certainly wish he turns things around, but I don't really see it, not with what I've seen so far.

People often criticized JM for using his players to way he did, but truth of the matter is, he had a great read of his players. His style really fit the Habs best.
RC doesn't have the right players to play the way he seems to want.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Markov is basically untradeable. A gm would likely be instantly fired for trading for him.
I'm sure a lot of teams would take a chance if their doctor gave a thumbs up on his knee. ACL surgeries are not as career threatening as some on here would have you believe, Wisniewski has had 3 and Columbus dumped 33 mil on him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:36 AM
PunkinDrublic*

hahaha some people still blaming the coaching staff !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
hahaha some people still blaming the coaching staff !
hahaha clever

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:57 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
There's logic in ridding yourself of a soft career loser with no character. A complete ghost when the going gets tough Markov is.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm sure a lot of teams would take a chance if their doctor gave a thumbs up on his knee. ACL surgeries are not as career threatening as some on here would have you believe, Wisniewski has had 3 and Columbus dumped 33 mil on him.
the guys hasn't played hockey in well over a year now. He's basically finished. At least when Wiz got his contract he had proven he could stay healthy again and produce.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's one thing to support Gauthier but after several setbacks and delays it's rather crazy to think others would take similar risks. I will bet there isn't a GM out there that would touch Markov until they see a full recovery, and it may turn out that Gauthier himself should have been this cautious.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

It's not inconceivable for the Habs to snap out of their funk. Even in some of their worst games we've seen occasional flashes of how well they can play.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote