HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Defensive Fill-ins Appreciation Thread

Old
12-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
Well.. during Torts post game when asked about Bickel and his penalty, Torts said the call could have went either way but when both guys stare each other down like that, they are already committed. Then a reporter asks if he (Torts) would tell Bickel to tone it down and Torts response, no, and that this is Bickel's game.
What if Avery had taken the same penalty? Think coach would be so forgiving? Just sayin'. Then again he would need to lace 'em up to take any penalty.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:59 PM
E Nixson
Powered by Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
What if Avery had taken the same penalty? Think coach would be so forgiving? Just sayin'. Then again he would need to lace 'em up to take any penalty.
Last year Avery did the same thing to Smid, and I don't recall Torts expressing any disapproval

E Nixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:46 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
Makes for good fantasy.
I disagree.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:09 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Your experience doesnt show today
I'm sorry. Bob Mackenzie? Is that you? I forgot that everybody is an genius around here and you're not allowed to be critical of the substitutes.

Because I guess if you criticize them or find their role so small and redundant, you are in the wrong, lack hockey knowledge and are insensitive.

this whole thread reminds me of Chris Rock:

"I take care of my kids"

"You're supposed to, you dumb MF'er! What do you want? A cookie?"

If you don't like what I say, click ignore. Its that easy. Let's me just say that I will continue to be critical of these guys if I feel they warrant it.

Goodnight

Old
12-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Stu.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:43 PM
mike14

Stu, not so much a 'fill in' as a defensive god who just happens to be gracing us with his presence

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:44 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Stu Bickel is why we didn't draft Cam Fowler.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 08:28 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

These guys had a good game. Not going to lie. Its going to be tougher for Eminger and Woywitka to get back into the rotation if these guys are doing their jobs in limited time

Old
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

These guys had a good game. Not going to lie. Its going to be tougher for Eminger and Woywitka to get back into the rotation if these guys are doing their jobs in limited time

Old
12-23-2011, 08:40 PM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

vCash: 2319
Stu is the new Anton

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Uncle Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
They may have Erixon go down if/when Eminger gets back just to get Erixon more ice time. May be better for him long-term, although he is playing well in the short ice time.

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Where the heck did Bickel come from? He looks like a seasoned veteran! He'll come back to Earth in terms of the assists, but hopefully he can keep up the great work in the defensive zone.

Stralman has been awesome. LOVED the hip check tonight. Love his demeanor out there, very business like and he made a great play on gaboriks goal tonight. He has looked like another solid option on the power play too.

Erixon is still a little raw, but he's getting by with smart safe plays. I see potential for him to be a #2 defenseman eventually. Confidence will do a lot for his game as he's a very good passer and positionally solid. He could also probably benefit from adding some upper body strength in the offseason.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:58 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Where the heck did Bickel come from? He looks like a seasoned veteran! He'll come back to Earth in terms of the assists, but hopefully he can keep up the great work in the defensive zone.

Stralman has been awesome. LOVED the hip check tonight. Love his demeanor out there, very business like and he made a great play on gaboriks goal tonight. He has looked like another solid option on the power play too.

Erixon is still a little raw, but he's getting by with smart safe plays. I see potential for him to be a #2 defenseman eventually. Confidence will do a lot for his game as he's a very good passer and positionally solid. He could also probably benefit from adding some upper body strength in the offseason.
Reminds me of Staal's 1st season. Nothing flashy. Nothing, but very safe and sound with a little physicality every now and then.

Bickel just doesnt fool around with the puck. Away from the puck, he needs work on his coverage. But with the puck, even going back to retrieve it, it's on his stick and either out of the zone or dumped in deep. Eminger and Woywitka rarely do that. Being veterans, they always choose to shield the puck and outmuscle a guy before clearing it, which is a 50/50 move. A rookie with something to prove like Bickel or Erixon will take a smash to the boards just to clear the puck.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:32 AM
XLJ

When everybody is healthy Stralman and Eminger should be our 6th and 7th defenseman. I kind of like Stralman more than Eminger. He adds more offensive skill to our blueline, and they are about equal defensively.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Richards to Gaborik

Stu Bickel > Nazem Kadri and Kyle Turris

Richards to Gaborik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 04:31 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
When everybody is healthy Stralman and Eminger should be our 6th and 7th defenseman. I kind of like Stralman more than Eminger. He adds more offensive skill to our blueline, and they are about equal defensively.
I would say Eminger has more snarl. I do agree before he came to the Rangers I heard his D was not very good and he was more of a offensive Dman. Since he came to the Rangers ( great deal btw for Voros) he has been focusing more on D

It's a toss up depending on the team the Rangers are playing but I am ok going with them as the 6/7 Dmen even in the playoffs.........especially now that Woywitka, Erixon and Bickel are showing they can sub if a injury occurs.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:30 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
All he did was put the puck at the net! So simple but it worked twice. Stuuuuuuuuuu. Were his parents at that game? They are part of the package. Call up the Bickels.

McDonagh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:49 AM
cenas*

Who needs Staal when we got Straalman?

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:23 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Stu "the Franchise" Bickel.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Stu Bickel is why we didn't draft Cam Fowler.

Perfect.

But seriously, these guys are playing solid. However you want to slice the particulars, solid is solid.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:46 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Bickel for Norris.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Lets say Bickel continues this play, does he get the bump above woywitka and eminger?? I wouldnt protest it as of now.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:52 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Lets say Bickel continues this play, does he get the bump above woywitka and eminger?? I wouldnt protest it as of now.
Would like to see Eminger & Bickel as our bottom pairing when Staalsy comes back.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:05 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Seriously, I have to give a lot of credit to Eminger. When he came here, he was garbage. Complete garbage. He's managed to make himself into a serviceable player...yet I still feel right now that I'd rather see Stralman in the lineup if everyone is healthy, with Eminger as the #7.

Stralman is really playing solid hockey and not making glaring defensive mistakes. He's moving the puck well with crisp, effective breakout passes.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Matsi
got paws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Am I the only one in the World who likes Woywitka and thinks he's a serviceable 7th who can start a few games in case of injury?
I've always had a soft spot for him and somehow I still hope he can make the NHL on a regular basis.

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote