HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs @ Isles | Leafs win 5-3

Old
12-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Having Lupul to start the year also is really helping Bozak as well. It's not just about feeding Kessel the puck anymore he has a another big time option with Lupul. That whole line has gelled through the whole year.
For sure. If the Mac- Connolly - Kadri line can keep rolling, and Kuli and Grabo can rediscover their game, we could have a very good team.

Optimism is great.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:21 AM
WoratCase*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Having Lupul to start the year also is really helping Bozak as well. It's not just about feeding Kessel the puck anymore he has a another big time option with Lupul. That whole line has gelled through the whole year.
Let's not forget the fact that Kessel has been defensively response this year. That helps Bozak's game a lot.

WoratCase* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Captain Clutch 13

I think our standards for Kessel have been raised. I think he played a decent game, nothing too special. But a decent game for Kessel still means being dangerous every time he touches the puck and getting a lot of or setting up scoring chances. At this point Im actually a little dissapointed if he only gets one point in a game because you know he could have easily had more.

Captain Clutch 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Clutch 13 View Post
I think our standards for Kessel have been raised. I think he played a decent game, nothing too special. But a decent game for Kessel still means being dangerous every time he touches the puck and getting a lot of or setting up scoring chances. At this point Im actually a little dissapointed if he only gets one point in a game because you know he could have easily had more.
ya, Kessel's bad game is 1 points

hopefully next season it will be 2

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:36 AM
bzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Clutch 13 View Post
Agreed. I was disappointed with Kessel tonight. But, if you think back, he played a very subtle but effective defensive game. He was put out there late in the game. He created numerous scoring chances. Came out with 1 point from the EN goal. I, too, feel like he could have had more.

Are we getting spoiled?!?!?

bzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Egghead1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
bruce_arthur Bruce Arthur
Of course, he failed to include his general manager's Twitter handle in the tweet. Rookie move.
34 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

bruce_arthur Bruce Arthur
Pretty sure Ron Wilson just became the first NHL coach to angle for a contract extension on Twitter.
35 minutes ago

coachrw63 Ron Wilson
This Xmas could be better if Santa stuffs a certain piece of paper in my stocking. #whatcouldthatbe
He should ask this

Egghead1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:41 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

vCash: 208
A good couple of days for the Leafs.

I wish Connolly and Gardiner has scored on those hi-light reel plays.

Kadri has looked very good.

Merry Christmas everyone.

crump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzer View Post
Agreed. I was disappointed with Kessel tonight. But, if you think back, he played a very subtle but effective defensive game. He was put out there late in the game. He created numerous scoring chances. Came out with 1 point from the EN goal. I, too, feel like he could have had more.

Are we getting spoiled?!?!?
Kessel was solid tonight. Not his best game by any stretch but loved the hustle on the EN goal.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

I can't wait til they start going in for Frattin. That guy is playing like a legit powerforward. I wish Kulemin would play like him. ****ing Kulemin....

Frattin is going to be a machine next year

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:41 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
Not that I like the term haters, but it was more than just that Moose. There were plenty of posters that were writing him off, and proclaiming he didn't fit into the leafs plans that are pretty quiet after these last two games.
yea, that jughead troll is nowhere to be seen

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Frattin is becoming dominant on the boards-winning pucks out of our zone and forechecking- speed and grit, the future is bright.
I agree, frattin was an unleashed beast along the boards tonight.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:09 AM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Does anyone else find that Phil Kessel plays his absolute best hockey in the last minute of the game with the team up? He's an absolute beast at keeping teams at bay and clearing the puck. Also, fun Phil Kessel stat, he leads the league in even strength points.

As for the actual game? I was hanging with friends, so I didn't pay too much attention. Definitely love Kadri up with the Leafs. He shouldn't be sent down (Even if that creates roster problems, like Lombardi and Armstrong).

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:22 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

great win by the Buds. these are games we should win

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:50 AM
edwardslane

It's great kessel and lupul got on the scoresheet on an empty netter.

We don't score many of those to be honest.. and who would be more deserving for their play this year. Would be nice if they got a few more easy EN points.. all the best end up with a few points from Empty netters.

Kessel is playing great overall he's due for a 3 or 4 point night soon.

edwardslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:52 AM
rj24

It was nice to see Kadri make some strong defensive plays in the last two games, I hope he keeps this nice all around game going.

rj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

it seems like kadri is much of a smarter player this time around if he can keep this type of game up like he did tonight, he should have no point bringing out his best output for skill.

12-24-2011, 04:17 AM
LeeIs
M a t s

Ok, so I went there.

Anyone think lupul was a bit selfish on the open netter?

then it came to kessel and he wasn't selfish at all, gave lupes a tap in.

Old
12-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Center Ice Scrum

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
Ok, so I went there.

Haha, I remember yelling at my TV when Lupul took that shot instead of dishing it over to wide open Kessel at center ice. That was a selfish play by him in some sense, unless he was just trying to dump it in first and foremost, and he saw Kessel going in so even if he missed, the puck would be retrieved? I give him the benefit of the doubt this time but it did come off pretty selfish on Lupul's end. Good on Kess for dishing it back to Lupes in front of the net though. He could've easily tried to take a shot even while falling. But instead made a slick pass right on to Lupul's stick.

Center Ice Scrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:07 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
it seems like kadri is much of a smarter player this time around if he can keep this type of game up like he did tonight, he should have no point bringing out his best output for skill.
kadri has learned to play all three forward positions to boot ..gotta remember hes 4 -5 years younger than bozak 3 younger than frattin ....tavares cant skate as well as nazzy

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:21 AM
marquee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
no he won't
lol of course this guy wishes he wont. Really tho it doesnt look like Gus will be playing for a looooooooooooooong time. It doesnt matter how Reimer performs its clear him and RW got something going on.

marquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquee View Post
lol of course this guy wishes he wont. Really tho it doesnt look like Gus will be playing for a looooooooooooooong time. It doesnt matter how Reimer performs its clear him and RW got something going on.
I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for opinions on who would start. You know I have nothing to say about it, right? I was offering my opinion that Wilson, the guy who makes the decision, will not start Gus next game. Makes no difference who I "wishes" starts.

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:46 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
wouldn't it be awesome if we had depth at center so Bozak could be that guy on our 3rd line permanently....

FTR - I really like Bozak, our team is much better with him in the lineup, first line or not
Why limit him to a 3rd line role? He has clearly shown that he can play on the 1st or 2nd lines. He has the offensive capabilities.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:49 AM
KapG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
Ok, so I went there.

Not that it matters too much since the guy is producing, but Lupul comes across as a selfish player quite often.

That's what happens with some goal scorers though I suppose. He just needs to keep producing and it will all be good.

KapG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapG View Post
Not that it matters too much since the guy is producing, but Lupul comes across as a selfish player quite often.

That's what happens with some goal scorers though I suppose. He just needs to keep producing and it will all be good.
he wants to score 30 and he is well on his way to. but he is was selfish tonight but i think he also does his fair share of passing to kessel, although recently it seems more than kessel has been setting up lupul lol

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:53 AM
bleeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
I know Liles was hurt, but Aulie is just awful. He's got no confidence whhatsoever. His play is effecting Phaneuf's too.
Aulie is just a kid and he's been sitting in the pressbox for a few weeks. Let's give him time to get his confidence back. The Phaneuf/Aulie pair worked well down the stretch last year. He is huge and adds a much-needed physical element to our blueline.

The Isles were running at our guys a lot, and it was beautiful to see Keith respond by knocking Martin senseless with a Gordie Howe-type elbow to the face.

bleeney is offline   Reply With Quote