HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jacques Martin Fired V2.0

Old
12-24-2011, 03:41 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Made the tanking process easier because JM was essentially turning our 15th place team into a 8th place playoff team! Only thing I can think of, they might be smart after all.
although we'll never know why, it's an interesting concept to think that JM could have been fired cause he was somehow overachieving.

all this didnt need any firing though, trading away some vets like Gill, Cammy, Gionta can help you get a better pick... on top of what these trades bring (picks, prospects, younger players)

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 04:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Most people were after Martin for his smothering system and his doubtful decisions. Not sure how this qualifies as "barking at the wrong tree"...
and yet, his 'doubtful decisions' and 'smothering systems' gave us a team that was 2 games above .500 with a - and this is your favorite word right here - mediocre roster. yeah alright, fire him.

then the team tanks.

and don't give me that 'all i want to see is exciting hockey' ******** because that's all it is, ********. and the people you ridicule as 'martin lovers', in the best of ironies, have the capacity to watch and analyze the game of hockey in ways you never will be able to.

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:28 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
Listen, We all know you were a martin hater ...

perhaps you cant tell me what kind of system we are now playing... or what kind of system we were playing prior to jacques ... ?

Under him we had a well organized team ... if anything, his system gave us a chance to win every night.
A chance to win ! Bwahahaha ! Explain that one to your boss.
Well boss i didn't finish the project but we HAD a chance at getting the contract !

: laugh:

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:38 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
A chance to win ! Bwahahaha ! Explain that one to your boss.
Well boss i didn't finish the project but we HAD a chance at getting the contract !

: laugh:
here you are laughing...

and failing at awnsering simple questions...

not surprised.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:34 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Both Gauthier and Martin ruined hockey in Montreal for the next 3 years.
Have fun people.

Merry x-mas

G E Molson

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
Listen, We all know you were a martin hater ...

perhaps you can tell me what kind of system we are now playing... or what kind of system we were playing prior to jacques ... ?

Under him we had a well organized team ... if anything, his system gave us a chance to win every night.
If you can't see something as obvious as the differences in the systems, why would I take the time to explain them to you? But hey, of course the timing of the change (teams they faced), the lack of practice time to implement a new system, the ridiculous language debate and the uncertainty of Cunneyworth's position and the one of his GM have no bearings on the results... I still say that with time, firing Martin was long overdue and it's the best thing for this team.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:17 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

I was at Carrefour Laval earlier and he was sitting at a second cup table talking with François Gagnon. As I dislike both, I chuckled and kept walking.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
If you can't see something as obvious as the differences in the systems, why would I take the time to explain them to you? But hey, of course the timing of the change (teams they faced), the lack of practice time to implement a new system, the ridiculous language debate and the uncertainty of Cunneyworth's position and the one of his GM have no bearings on the results... I still say that with time, firing Martin was long overdue and it's the best thing for this team.
So how much time before we see results better than what JM gave us? One month? Two? One year? Three years? Will RC have a better winning record at the end of the season? I'm asking because "with time" means absolutely nothing -- it is quite certain that one day (we don't know when, but one day), this team will accomplish something greater than what they did with JM at the helm.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
So how much time before we see results better than what JM gave us? One month? Two? One year? Three years? Will RC have a better winning record at the end of the season? I'm asking because "with time" means absolutely nothing -- it is quite certain that one day (we don't know when, but one day), this team will accomplish something greater than what they did with JM at the helm.
Martin had 2½ years to wreck this team. Cunnyworth had four games, on the road, against tough teams with little practice time, to try to straighten the ship. Do the math.

We all know that Cunneyworth is there by interim, so on a temporary basis, and the reason he's there is because management, possibly Molson himself, had enough of Martin's non-sense. So yes, give it time. How much time? I'd say at least until a new head coach is named on a permanent basis. And when that's done, if it's this season, after more then 4 freakin' games behind the bench.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:22 AM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I was at Carrefour Laval earlier and he was sitting at a second cup table talking with François Gagnon. As I dislike both, I chuckled and kept walking.
Atta boy

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote