HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jack Johnson

Old
12-24-2011, 01:53 AM
LaLaLand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
No! No! No! Let Sutter and Stevens spend a year with him - at least.

Johnson's two seasons away from hitting the sweetspot for a NHL defensemen's payoff years. We've suffered the development and made the investment. Why would we want to hand his great years over to another franchise?
I agree, looks like many Kings fans are pushing the panic button on Jack... thank god deano isn't as clueless with the development of young D.

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
I agree, looks like many Kings fans are pushing the panic button on Jack... thank god deano isn't as clueless with the development of young D.
He can be a frustrating sometimes, but I don't think we should trade him.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:30 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

IF a deal involving JJ happened I would hope to highwater that it was something that we just couldn't pass up. I agree with Duc (big surprise there) that JJ should at least be able to spend a year under DS's teaching style before we consider cutting bait.

He is after all 24 and that is the age when most D use to enter the league not so long ago and for some or even most should be entering the league today. We have a number of kids who are going to be flat out studs on the blue line in our system but if they jump up into the bigs before they reach 23/24 we will have rushed them and might damage their long term abilities.

JJ is here and improving his game in many ways but still has a way to go. Lets give him the time (unless that afore mentioned can't pass up deal comes along) to at least spend one more season under a new and different coach before we consider moving him otherwise.

We have A Mart who is an exceptional young PMD Dman as well as a large number of exceptionally talented prospects who can be shopped as part of what we want. If we had no other options but to deal JJ then alright so be it but we have so very many other options that should be considered first.

Last edited by etherialone: 12-24-2011 at 10:18 AM.
etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
There's a reason why it doesn't happen. And even with Byfuglien and Harrold, they're both back on defense. It's an entertaining thought but unrealistic.
As I said before - just because it happens rarely it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. It happens. I would only try to see if it's natural for him. I think it's too late for him to start grinding to become a winger - it would have to be natural transition, something he would find easy and comfortable. And only if he could actually become a top line winger.

Anyway, no point in discussing this at all, it will not happen. He is too good as a defenseman already, regardless of the criticism.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote