HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ana-NYI

Old
12-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

vCash: 500
Ana-NYI

Deadline deal or draft deal:

Bobby Ryan + Sbisa

for

Grabner/Strome + Hamonic + 1st

This is assuming you pick remains where it is and the Ducks remain horrible.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:53 AM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

I say add a 1st on your side, and we'll add a another 1st (2013/2014)

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Riddick

not for nothing but that improves us very nicely with ryan but wouldnt sbisa/hamonic be a wash? so it would essentially be grabner/strome+1st for ryan?

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:13 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Deadline deal or draft deal:

Bobby Ryan + Sbisa

for

Grabner/Strome + Hamonic + 1st

This is assuming you pick remains where it is and the Ducks remain horrible.
There is a big difference in the trade value of Grabner,who's already scored 34 goals in an NHL season vs. the trade value of Strome,who's not even made the NHL.

I don't think there's anyway that Snow makes the Grabner trade.
Grabner and Ryan have both shown they can score 30 goals.
Hamonic and Sbisa are a wash,both very talented youngsters.

So the Isles end up giving up a high lottery pick,in a strong draft because?????

As for the Strome/Hamonic/1st proposal...I guess it'd depend on whether Snow and his scouts have their boxers in a bunch over a certain 2012 prospect.Are they in line to land Nail or Grigorenko and refusing to move their first,like they did in 2009,with Tavares.

Also,do the isles have the budget to pay Ryan $5m next season?Grabner will make $2m next season.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Hipster Doofus

Brian Rolston had more goals lats year that Nugent Hopkins. By your logic we missed out on a Hunter for Hopkins trade. Which is to say, that logic is heavily flawed.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I don't think there's anyway that Snow makes the Grabner trade.
Grabner and Ryan have both shown they can score 30 goals.
Hamonic and Sbisa are a wash,both very talented youngsters.

So the Isles end up giving up a high lottery pick,in a strong draft because?????
I think the flaw in your breakdown above is you're putting Grabner and Ryan at equal value. Yes, they both scored over 30 goals last season, but anyone who has watched either player could see Ryan is the superior player. He's a better passer, he's more physical, he's better at creating offense, and he's a better pure scorer (Grabner creates so many chances with his speed, but his actual finishing ability is average). So in effect, the reason the Isles would be adding a 1st is to offset Ryan's superiority to Grabner.

Now, the debate whether Ryan is worth Grabner + a high 1st is another topic altogether. But I'm just pointing out why that 1st is added there in the first place.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Riddick

I agree with what sidney is saying. In THIS draft, with as high a pick as the isles would probably have, I don't think its worth it.

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:46 PM
StrongIslanders90

Grabner + Nino + donovan + Rhett Rakshani + Wishart for Ryan + Sbisa....

Grabner + Nino for Ryan is Like Schenn + Simmonds for Richards

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I think the flaw in your breakdown above is you're putting Grabner and Ryan at equal value. Yes, they both scored over 30 goals last season, but anyone who has watched either player could see Ryan is the superior player. He's a better passer, he's more physical, he's better at creating offense, and he's a better pure scorer (Grabner creates so many chances with his speed, but his actual finishing ability is average). So in effect, the reason the Isles would be adding a 1st is to offset Ryan's superiority to Grabner.

Now, the debate whether Ryan is worth Grabner + a high 1st is another topic altogether. But I'm just pointing out why that 1st is added there in the first place.
I would deal Grabner and a #1 pick for Ryan...but not this year. I think the NYI will have a top two pick and those are two franchise Russians.

Ryan is far superior to Grabner for the reasons you mentioned.

More importantly, Ryan alone does not make the NYI better. Not unless they manage to get another C another winger and two more defensemen (leaving the goaltending alone for my own sanity)

Until we have commitment at that level, there's no point in getting a player like Ryan.

The Isles, if all goes well, will have prob $35MM in cap space next year though. Yes, the equivalent of 7 $5MM/yr players. Cap teams would KILL to have a core of Tavares, Okposo, Moulson, Streit, Hamonic, deHaan, Niederreiter, Strome, Bailey, MacDonald, Nielsen AND ANOTHER $30+++!!!!

Too bad we're not a cap team.

redbull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Not a trade that i would make from the Islander side. But it doesn't matter, because it won't happen anyway.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Grabner + Nino + donovan + Rhett Rakshani + Wishart for Ryan + Sbisa....

Grabner + Nino for Ryan is Like Schenn + Simmonds for Richards
The first one is really reminding me of 90% of the leafs proposals..... 2 players and a pick is alot different then 5 players.

While I understand that Grabner has much more value then Strome, I figured I would give you an option since most are completely against trading 30g scorers and most are totally against trading former 1st rounders.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:45 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I think you under estimate how valuable Grabner's speed is to the isles.

Moulson's a 30 goal scorer.Parrish a former 30 goal scorer for the NYI.Grabner's speed makes him a much more valuable player,impacting his linemates in ways that guys like Moulson/Parrish never have imo.

Old
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
The first one is really reminding me of 90% of the leafs proposals..... 2 players and a pick is alot different then 5 players.

While I understand that Grabner has much more value then Strome, I figured I would give you an option since most are completely against trading 30g scorers and most are totally against trading former 1st rounders.
23 yr old Grabner is also a former 1st rounder.Taken 14th overall in his draft yr.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 450
Quote:
I think you under estimate how valuable Grabner's speed is to the isles.

Moulson's a 30 goal scorer.Parrish a former 30 goal scorer for the NYI.Grabner's speed makes him a much more valuable player,impacting his linemates in ways that guys like Moulson/Parrish never have imo.
Which would be a legitimate response, if the comparison was Grabner and Moulson/Parrish. However, you were comparing Grabner to Ryan and made it sound like they were basically a wash, when they are not a wash.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:47 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Which would be a legitimate response, if the comparison was Grabner and Moulson/Parrish. However, you were comparing Grabner to Ryan and made it sound like they were basically a wash, when they are not a wash.
I haven't said Grabner and Ryan are a wash.

I said both will score 30 goals,but in different ways.I also said you under estimate the value of Grabner's speed.Just like Ryan positively impacts his line for his linemates,Grabner with his speed,positively impacts his line for his linemates.

There is a big difference imo in the value of Grabner to the NYI lineup vs. The value of Moulson to the nYI lineup.

No way would I want Ryan/Sbisa at the cost of Grabner/Hamonic/top 4 pick.

Grabner's being underrated bigtime in this thread.

Old
12-23-2011, 09:46 AM
2LeftSkates

Quote:

Grabner's being underrated bigtime in this thread.
Grabner is a one trick pony. Point A to point B speed. Sorry guys, he is not going to score 50 this year.

2LeftSkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:49 AM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeftSkates View Post
Grabner is a one trick pony. Point A to point B speed. Sorry guys, he is not going to score 50 this year.
yeah that's going out on a limb as only 1 player scored 50 last year. He will score 30 again this year, and only 29 players scored at least 30 last year. Grabner is what he is. Never going to be a physical player or a defensive dynamo (though he is a weapon on the PK). I would take him as a second line winger any day.

Last edited by PROMputt: 12-23-2011 at 05:49 PM.
PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
And Ryan,who has scored the same number of goals as Grabner this season(10) will?

More importantly,where can the isles find 1-2 more of these speedy,30 goal scoring,one trick ponies?

Old
12-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
I don't trade the pick now, since we can look at a top 2/3 pick realistically. If it's another 4+ pick I think I'd look at a deal involving it with Ryan coming back.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well, ok.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

I would rather get Getzlaf. We need a big mean playmaker. Strome/Nino Okposo/Grabner De Haan & a 1st.

Nino, Grabner, De Haan & our upcoming 1st rounder for Getzlaf. Ducks probably say no and ask for Strome, Nino, Hamonic & our 1st which i don't feel the Isles should do. Snow needs to get on this... time to prove you're a real NHL caliber GM. We need to shake up this roster and we have a boatload of chips to do just that.

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
To clarify. There are NHL people who believe Getzlaf, for the right price might become avail at some pt. Did not say he was on the market.

Paulinho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:44 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
I would rather get Getzlaf. We need a big mean playmaker. Strome/Nino Okposo/Grabner De Haan & a 1st.

Nino, Grabner, De Haan & our upcoming 1st rounder for Getzlaf. Ducks probably say no and ask for Strome, Nino, Hamonic & our 1st which i don't feel the Isles should do. Snow needs to get on this... time to prove you're a real NHL caliber GM. We need to shake up this roster and we have a boatload of chips to do just that.

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
To clarify. There are NHL people who believe Getzlaf, for the right price might become avail at some pt. Did not say he was on the market.
The Isles are not making the 2011-2012 playoffs.Getzlaf($6.5m), is a ufa July 2013.

So the isles trade a ****load of their top young talent,pray they can somehow make the 2012-2013 playoffs, to show Getzlaf they are making progress and that he should avoid the 2013 ufa market.Show him that he should sign a reasonable,longterm extension with the isles,who may or may not be playing on LI past 2015?

Old
12-24-2011, 07:08 AM
elduderino

Would love Sbisa to be an Islanders. Big boy, can skate and hit. Would look great besides Hamonic or de Haan.

As for this trade proposal I think Anaheim and the Isles are not great trading partners. Anaheim needs better secondary scoring since their Cup win in 07. Their defense lacks a true no. 2 d-man with leadership qualities. The Isles need a also #2 d-man, maybe even a true no. 1 d-man with Streit still struggling. And the Isles need a good winger for JT.
While Ryan could be the winger for JT, the problem is that the Ducks would need to offset the offensive output in a trade with quality secondary scoring. The Isles don't have the necessary quality in secondary scoring to get Ryan.

Oh and just FYI, you wouldn't want Getzlaf. Since being named Captain the guy plays lazy and lacks true leadership on the ice.

elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:29 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:

you gotta give to get......we dont wanna part with our young 1st round prospects but to get an established player you have to do that.......

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote