HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ, Montreal trade imminent

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2011, 09:08 PM
BluejacketNut

vCash: 500
The Habs are 4 points out of the playoffs, so a little winning streak can get them back into it

Old
12-23-2011, 09:40 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
Why Habs first is shaping up to be top 10 maybe top 5.

Two Top 5 picks surely we cant even mess that up.
Because Mathradio IS a Habs fan, not a CBJ fan.

Old
12-24-2011, 07:43 AM
EDM

Do we really want Howson doing any trades at this point?

Old
12-24-2011, 08:58 AM
CapnCornelius

I honestly hadn't looked at the full implications--I'll be honest, this team's performance really DOES make me less willing to spend time researching any of these pointless rumors. Having now taken a quick but more thorough look, these teams would be horrible trade partners. Which makes it even more likely this rumor is total garbage. We'd be better of discussing Eklund rumors about Nash to Toronto.

Old
12-24-2011, 09:31 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I honestly hadn't looked at the full implications--I'll be honest, this team's performance really DOES make me less willing to spend time researching any of these pointless rumors. Having now taken a quick but more thorough look, these teams would be horrible trade partners. Which makes it even more likely this rumor is total garbage. We'd be better of discussing Eklund rumors about Nash to Toronto.
This is what I'm thinking as well, I can't think of anything between these two teams that would constitute an room dynamic-shattering trade, which is what we'd need... No offense to Nikitin and Letestu, those were nice, minor moves, but those moves weren't so involved that they were prompting or demanding culture change all on their own. I'm not sure if our GM has the skill or has the will to try to put together a multi-team, multi-player deal that can address our compete level and shocking the culture in the lockerroom down to its core.

I don't know if this team is lucky enough to be able to unload salary free and clear, whatever they get back will most likely be player(s) with bad contracts that have no desire to be "part" of any solution here. In other words, moving CBJ players for CBJ players.

Old
12-24-2011, 10:16 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
This is what I'm thinking as well, I can't think of anything between these two teams that would constitute an room dynamic-shattering trade, which is what we'd need... No offense to Nikitin and Letestu, those were nice, minor moves, but those moves weren't so involved that they were prompting or demanding culture change all on their own. I'm not sure if our GM has the skill or has the will to try to put together a multi-team, multi-player deal that can address our compete level and shocking the culture in the lockerroom down to its core.

I don't know if this team is lucky enough to be able to unload salary free and clear, whatever they get back will most likely be player(s) with bad contracts that have no desire to be "part" of any solution here. In other words, moving CBJ players for CBJ players.
Which is why an "imminent" trade seems unlikely. The easiest time to unload salary will be closer to the trade deadline when the cap consequences are lower. Beyond which, if this ownership group has any clue, they' shouldn't be allowing this GM to do anything until Patrick has examined the current situation more closely.

Old
12-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Which is why an "imminent" trade seems unlikely. The easiest time to unload salary will be closer to the trade deadline when the cap consequences are lower. Beyond which, if this ownership group has any clue, they' shouldn't be allowing this GM to do anything until Patrick has examined the current situation more closely.
That's assuming this ownership group has any clue

Old
12-24-2011, 11:28 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
That's assuming this ownership group has any clue
That's why I included the qualification. Believe me, I don't take that for granted. This group left Doug in place far too long and they don't seem to have learned from that mistake based on the evidence so far.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:01 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
That's why I included the qualification. Believe me, I don't take that for granted. This group left Doug in place far too long and they don't seem to have learned from that mistake based on the evidence so far.
Running a family business successfully sometimes demands one make hard decisions, I see nothing to indicate that this ownership group has the wherewithall to execute those decisions smartly on their own. Which makes the hiring of Craig Patrick even more important...

Old
12-24-2011, 12:07 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I could see a shake up trade between MTL and Columbus. Perhaps...

Gorges pending UFA
Weber

for

Vermette
one of Clitsome/Johnson/Martinek
Montreal would never do this. Horrible deal.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I was going off the rumor saying that Gorges wanted out. Plus Weber is a defenseman that is being forced to play as a 4th liner. But by all means come up with a better one or just do what 90% of people on hfboards do and claim something is terrible without providing something better.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Xoggz22

I know we all want so desparately for a spark, a sign, some hope, a move.....

Unfortunately:

1) The ******* ******** is not a reliable source (note the spelling) and has been labeled as garbage on other such "rumors". Beyond that....

2) Montreal is closer to the cap than we are so they aren't taking any salary from us

3) Montreal is in the same position as us - they suck - and are also looking to shed salary.

We make terrible trading partners unless we're trading a term for term contract. Maybe Columbus wants to shed some length of contract situations and Montreal may feel they can support.

OR

Carter is on the move to get his disgruntled ass out of here.

The poster that said trading between these two is like moving the deck chairs on two titanics. nothing to see here in my opinion.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:03 PM
wahsnairb

i can't wait until boone jenner makes the show (which won't be long if you watch him play) and we are rocking like 12 centers

Old
12-24-2011, 02:27 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Nevermind that, its not a trade that causes a significant enough shakeup.... making a move for the sake of making a move should no longer be considered in CBJLand.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:34 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Wait, if Brass gets traded. What will my name turn into?
CBJGomez11 is nice !

Quote:
I could see a shake up trade between MTL and Columbus. Perhaps...

Gorges pending UFA
Weber

for

Vermette
one of Clitsome/Johnson/Martinek

I don't think they will trade Gorges, he is one of the few good players this season for the Habs. He is probably the future captain also (or, IMO, in the short list with Plekanec, Desharnais and Pacioretty).

Quote:
I was going off the rumor saying that Gorges wanted out. Plus Weber is a defenseman that is being forced to play as a 4th liner. But by all means come up with a better one or just do what 90% of people on hfboards do and claim something is terrible without providing something better.
What ?

Last edited by ccgg: 12-24-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old
12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
This guy was debunked on the mains over a year ago. Rumors are worthless when they come from anonymous sources.
To clarify - ************** is not considered a credible source in T&R mains discussion. They're not quite "shoot on sight" like certain other sources I could mention (as they don't come up as often anymore), but they are not kosher.

Interpret that as you will. (Personally, I interpret it as "this is meaningless.")

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
12-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Celtic Cross

funny proposal considering Gorges is such an underrated defensive defensman in the NHL well anyway these teams could strike a deal, they arent the ideal trading partners however gretzky got traded...anything could happen.

Brassard
Savard/Jenner

for

Kostitsyn
Kristo
4th

Old
12-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post

What ?
Well if were going off the idea that this guy is legit here is what he had to say.

@
@TML_Talk He (Cammalleri) hasn't demanded a trade, but he is part of the players who are really unhappy with the current situation. Gorges also.

Old
12-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post
funny proposal considering Gorges is such an underrated defensive defensman in the NHL well anyway these teams could strike a deal, they arent the ideal trading partners however gretzky got traded...anything could happen.

Brassard
Savard/Jenner

for

Kostitsyn
Kristo
4th
Hell no.

Old
12-24-2011, 03:04 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Well if were going off the idea that this guy is legit here is what he had to say.

@
@TML_Talk He (Cammalleri) hasn't demanded a trade, but he is part of the players who are really unhappy with the current situation. Gorges also.
Actually, that's not a bad strategy. Anyone who is complaining, start some rumors about trading them to Columbus. Bet that shuts them up.

Old
12-24-2011, 03:44 PM
ccgg

Quote:

@
Ah oki, I understand.

If it can help you guys with speculation, Randy Cunneyworth talks a lot about the physicality: how the Canadiens needed to be more physical.

Old
12-24-2011, 04:36 PM
CCHIPSS

Brassard might also head to Vancouver, along some big sized dman. Ballard, former 30+ point puck moving dman, might go to CBJ. I guess something like this?

To CBJ:
Keith Ballard
Prospect or draft pick, or a combination

To Canucks:
Derek Brassard
Marc Methot
+2 of these:
Steven Delisle
Will Weber
Thomas Larkin

Last edited by CCHIPSS: 12-24-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old
12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHIPSS View Post
Brassard might also head to Vancouver, along some big sized dman. Ballard, former 30+ point puck moving dman, might go to CBJ. I guess something like this?

To CBJ:
Keith Ballard

To Canucks:
Derek Brassard
Marc Methot
+2 of these:
Steven Delisle
Will Weber
Thomas Larkin
Do not want Ballard. Another over paid under achieving defensemen.

Old
12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Cross View Post

Brassard
Savard/Jenner

for

Kostitsyn
Kristo
4th
Boone Jenner never for Kristo. And I dont like Brassard but I dont any reason to trade him for Kostitsyn who isnt fit for our system.

Old
12-24-2011, 05:57 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHIPSS View Post

To CBJ:
Keith Ballard

To Canucks:
Derek Brassard
Marc Methot
+2 of these:
Steven Delisle
Will Weber
Thomas Larkin
Still tell me why Brassard to Nucks when he doesnt know to play a wing good. Do you think that Kesler or even Henrik Sedin will move to wing for Brassard?

And Ballard? Good Jesus why? We have Wisniewski, Tyutin or Nikitin who are similar or better than him in offense. What we need its a defensive, speed defensman who knows to clean the place in the front of the net.

Closed Thread