HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Howard sent to minors, is Legace off IR then?

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2005, 03:46 PM
SBC31

vCash: 500
Howard sent to minors, is Legace off IR then?

According to TSN.ca, Howard was sent back to Grand Rapids. Does this mean Legace is back in the lineup now?

Old
12-10-2005, 04:04 PM
norrisnick

The Wings don't play again until Monday. Jimmy and Jiri were likely sent down to play with the Griffins tonight and then they'll be called back up.

EDIT - Neither Legace or Lang are close to returning from various comments heard/read in the past couple days. End of the month at the earliest from what I've gathered.

Old
12-10-2005, 04:07 PM
SBC31

Ok thanks for the info... Sucks that my best goalie in my fantasy pool is Legace.

Old
12-12-2005, 05:56 AM
bleedgreen

any idea who gets the start against atl and pitts? i picked up howard hoping to get a few games out of him a week ago.

Old
12-12-2005, 06:36 AM
interminded

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
any idea who gets the start against atl and pitts? i picked up howard hoping to get a few games out of him a week ago.
Against Pittsburgh, Chris Osgood will most likely get the start.
He had two good games against New Jersey and Washington, Babcock was fairly pleased with him:

Quote:
"It was real good for him because the puck wasn't bouncing off of him, and he was confident, and that's great to see," Babcock said. "He'll feel real good, and he should be proud of himself."
source: Detroit Free Press

Against Atlanta it could be Osgood, given the fact that the Wings had the weekend off and a veteran like Ozzy should be able to do back-to-back games.
On the other hand, Babcock could play Howard, because there are 4 games in 6 days upcoming week, so maybe he wants to distribute the load.
And I guess a good portion of his decision will depend on the outcome of the Penguins game. If Ozzy is hot.. keep him hot.

An update on Manny Legace:

WINGS CORNER: Legace won't hurry back to the lineup

Manny made a big mistake, but he's man enough to admit it. I like that.

Old
12-12-2005, 01:39 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
He said he will start taking shots this week, but no clue on when he will be back.

At least he's man enough to admit he was stupid and selfish and that it was a big mistake. I can't fault him for his honesty.

Closed Thread