HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any word on how bad Andy Mcdonald's Concusion is?

Old
11-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Aerchon

vCash: 500
Any word on how bad Andy Mcdonald's Concusion is?

Is he done for the season or is it just a mild concusion and they are just playing it safe?

Aerchon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:25 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
Is he done for the season or is it just a mild concusion and they are just playing it safe?
They havent really said, all I know is he is out indefinately.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:29 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
No one can know that. There haven't been any announcements, but just like every other player in the NHL with a concussion...when he stops having symptoms he'll be given the baseline test. I expect some kind of public announcement whenever that happens. No time-table at all.

With how mild the contact appeared to be, I'm concerned that this is going to be longer and has more to do with recurrence, but no one has said anything beyond uninformed speculation.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:51 PM
madcitypaul

Yeah, after the first concussion, you are more likely to get them again, and have more serious ones. Each time you get one, the risk increases. How many is this for Mcdonald? At least three? Each one could take longer to recover from. I'm not expecting him back any time real soon.

But then again, each one is different, and so is each person. They are one of the more unpredictable things in medicine. I had a pretty bad one about a decade ago, and I wasn't symptom free for about 8 months!

madcitypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Steve

Andy Mcdonald

Anyone know what's going on with him? I haven't heard anything at all.
Thanks

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Anyone know what's going on with him? I haven't heard anything at all.
Thanks
You answered your own question. We've heard he's "feeling better" but that wasn't a doctor assessment it was an Andy Strickland rumor which doesn't even make it valid.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Bob Sacamanu

It does seem strange that there is so much press on Perron, but no word at all on McDonald.

Bob Sacamanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:38 PM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamanu View Post
It does seem strange that there is so much press on Perron, but no word at all on McDonald.
No, it doesn't. Perron just made a big step forward in his progress. McDonald hasn't.

What's the point in making an announcement that nothing's changed? How long did we go last season and this summer without any word on Perron's progress?

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamanu View Post
I think McDonald's concussion was always seen as less severe than Perron's. Plus, Perron's was blown up by the hit, the constant reassessments and the timeline.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:45 PM
SteenMachine

Hey did you hear Crosby is still good at hockey yet? The failed parity in journalism just has to do with people not getting enough attention for McDonald still out indefinitely articles.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I heard Hitch was supposed to update everyone sometime this week.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:59 AM
jimmykay

Andy McDonald

Any news on him? I get the feeling based on the frequency of his concussions that he's probably done for the year and possibly his career.

jimmykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:07 AM
SirPaste

There has been no word which I take as bad news, kinda like Perron last year. Id be suprised if he wasnt out for awhile.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
h22prelude93

This is his second concussion in 10 months, and fifth(documented)of his career. He could very well be headed down the same road as Kariya. I'm sure his doctors are telling him to hang em up, but who knows he may have another solid year or two left in him. At this point though, there's no doubt that he's risking serious long-term damage. I just hope he makes the right decision.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:45 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Some McDonald news today.

Quote:
@jprutherford Jeremy Rutherford
Andy McDonald skated today. Just interviewed Armstrong. More coming soon.
Quote:
@jprutherford Jeremy Rutherford
Mac cleared for light exercise. He chose to skate instead of typical steps returning from concussion. Skating isn't sign of imminent return.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:47 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Some McDonald news today.
It might not mean an imminent return like JR said, but I think it does mean we will see McDonald again this season, which will be HUGE.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Robb_K

It IS indeed, a good sign. It's the first step. I hope to see him play for The Blues within 4 to 6 weeks (earlier the better).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:58 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

his playmaking abilities would be a hugh boost for our PP, but I still don`t think we`ll see him soon again

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Elvs

Great news! With his concussion history, I thought he'd be the new Marc Savard. Sure, we don't know exactly what this means, but like mentioned at least it's a step forward.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Last year he came back from concussion and was an impact player immediately. He should and will take his time. I just want him back before the playoffs if possible.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:22 PM
inxs

2011/12/23: Blues GM Doug Armstrong thinks Andy McDonald (concussion) is about where David Perron was just before the Blues' training camp started. Perron didn't return until December 3rd. We don't think that Armstrong is suggesting that McDonald is about three-to-four months away from returning, it does underscore that McDonald still has a long way to go. McDonald is allowed to do some light exercise now and he's chosen to skate instead of engage in an off-ice alternative.

inxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by inxs View Post
2011/12/23: Blues GM Doug Armstrong thinks Andy McDonald (concussion) is about where David Perron was just before the Blues' training camp started. Perron didn't return until December 3rd. We don't think that Armstrong is suggesting that McDonald is about three-to-four months away from returning, it does underscore that McDonald still has a long way to go. McDonald is allowed to do some light exercise now and he's chosen to skate instead of engage in an off-ice alternative.
I'd guess that he's 6-8 weeks away. He has less "getting into playing shape" to do than Perron (who missed a full year).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:59 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inxs View Post
I don't think this team will have trouble making the playoffs, but hopefully McDonald will be able to get 10 or so games in before the playoffs. I think a mid-March return would be great and anything earlier would be even better.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I don't think this team will have trouble making the playoffs, but hopefully McDonald will be able to get 10 or so games in before the playoffs. I think a mid-March return would be great and anything earlier would be even better.
Sounds like a good chance he's back in late January. He will help the offense a lot.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:48 PM
diehardbluesfan

It's definitely great news. I just hope he takes his time back and doesn't rush anything at all. It'd be great to have him back in the lineup though.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote