HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Adult Leagues in Toronto

Old
12-22-2011, 05:16 PM
anonFOX
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Adult Leagues in Toronto

Kind of new here and I'm looking for info on the local beer league scene - having a really hard time which I find surprising given this is such a hockey city!

Basically all I'm looking for is something in the west end, preferably, with a good group of people. I always see guys with the permits at the local outdoor rinks and that looks like lots of fun!

On a scale of D - A (A = best) I'd probably fall in somewhere between C & B. I could probably skate with A but I don't know how effective I'd be.

I'm also unclear about when leagues begin & end.

anonFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 05:35 PM
adamp12345

http://www.adultsafehockey.net/

Skill/Experience Levels

Players: select the level of Team you'd like to join (use the highest level of organized hockey you've ever played as a guide).

A - Pro, Semi-Pro or Minor Pro (NHL, AHL, Europe, ECHL, UHL, CHL, WPHL, etc), NCAA Division I, Major Junior (QMJHL, OHL, WHL, USHL); Women’s (or Girls) AAA, AA
B - University (NCAA Division II or III, CIAU) or Senior Hockey, Junior A, Québec Junior AAA; Women’s (or Girls) A, BB or B
C - Canadian College (OCAA, MCAC, ACAC, etc), Junior B or C, Québec Junior AA or A, High School, Rep AAA, AA or A; Women’s (or Girls) C
D - Select League, House League
E - No experience with an organized League, started playing hockey as an Adult

ENJOY!!!

adamp12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Nbr-17

http://www.truenorthhockey.com/

http://www.chesswoodarena.com/view/c.../adult-leagues

http://www.westwoodarena.com/view/we.../adult-leagues

http://www.hockeytoronto.com/

Nbr-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Pedagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonFOX View Post

Kind of new here and I'm looking for info on the local beer league scene - having a really hard time which I find surprising given this is such a hockey city!

Basically all I'm looking for is something in the west end, preferably, with a good group of people. I always see guys with the permits at the local outdoor rinks and that looks like lots of fun!

On a scale of D - A (A = best) I'd probably fall in somewhere between C & B. I could probably skate with A but I don't know how effective I'd be.

At this time you'll have a hard time finding a league to play in as all of the leagues are well underway. Most of the major beer leagues in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) Winter - start in September and end in April Summer - start in May and end in August. At this time most of the teams are already established. You'll probably just have to play pick up/drop in for now and if you're interested look for a team/league to join for the summer season. Some guys have already given you a good start on all of the major beer leagues. If you go to the ASHL site they also have a classified section where you can search for teams who may need a player but at this time that's rare, good luck!

Pedagogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:18 PM
DJH

Quote:

What is the west end to you? That may help with suggestions.

DJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:24 PM
OpenIceHit42

Anyone know which rink the HNA finals are held at?

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
anonFOX
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJH View Post
What is the west end to you? That may help with suggestions.
High Park

Old
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
anonFOX
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedagogue View Post
If you go to the ASHL site they also have a classified section where you can search for teams who may need a player but at this time that's rare, good luck!
GREAT suggestion!

Thanks!

Old
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Skarjak

www.adulthockeyclub.com is a good place to get pickup games. I think Friday's low-mid game would be good for you.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:04 PM
MD Moose

I just looked at that ASHL site. Odd name for a hockey league to have 'safe' in there. Granted there are things that can be done to lessen risk, but by nature of the sport, I'd hardly say 'safe' is appropriate as a name. Heck, walking out your door each day can hardly be called safe.

MD Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 06:22 PM
DJH

Quote:
High Park
Check out true north hockey. They are mostly at rinx which isnt great but they also have games at mastercard and ricoh. Location wise it's not bad for high park. I play there on Sundays as they have 3x15 minutes stop time and its hard to pay for 10-10-12 after that.

ASHL is generally a higher level of play but is further out from you. They also, IMO, have better reffing.

DJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Pedagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Moose View Post
I just looked at that ASHL site. Odd name for a hockey league to have 'safe' in there. Granted there are things that can be done to lessen risk, but by nature of the sport, I'd hardly say 'safe' is appropriate as a name. Heck, walking out your door each day can hardly be called safe.
LOL, I played there in the summer and you're right it was far from safe. As per other comments it's a more competitive league than True North. Good luck to the OP finding a team.

Pedagogue is offline   Reply With Quote