HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/09/05 GDT Detroit Vs. Washington (away)

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2005, 07:13 PM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
zzzzzzzz is the man!

Old
12-09-2005, 07:20 PM
doublejack

Datsyuk was responsible for the 2nd caps goal. He didn't cover his man and let him skate to the crease and slam dunk a pass into the back of the net.

Zets is flying out there tonight. He's potted both goals and is skating down Caps & stripping the puck. He needs to play at center from now on.

Old
12-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Datsyuk was responsible for the 2nd caps goal. He didn't cover his man and let him skate to the crease and slam dunk a pass into the back of the net.
It certainly was a very poor effort at backchecking.....but it was a nice play/effort by Clark making the play down the boards

Old
12-09-2005, 07:31 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
It certainly was a very poor effort at backchecking.....but it was a nice play/effort by Clark making the play down the boards
You are correct, it was a great individual effort to create the opportunity. I didn't mean to take anything away from that with my comment, but the redirection part of the play was much, much too easy.

And Lidstrom just took a hooking penalty. I didn't catch the name of the player, but a Cap skated right by him along the boards and he had to use the stick.

-edit
oh, it was a short-handed goal too. No excuse for Pavel to let a player go like that when we have the man advantage.

Old
12-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
You are correct, it was a great individual effort to create the opportunity. I didn't mean to take anything away from that with my comment, but the redirection part of the play was much, much too easy.

And Lidstrom just took a hooking penalty. I didn't catch the name of the player, but a Cap skated right by him along the boards and he had to use the stick.

-edit
oh, it was a short-handed goal too. No excuse for Pavel to let a player go like that when we have the man advantage.

quick note....Clark is on the intermission interview, asked about that play he said he "knew Pettinger would be going to the net, but the D was slow getting back on him"

the D meaning Datsyuk in this case

Old
12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
PigPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
quick note....Clark is on the intermission interview, asked about that play he said he "knew Pettinger would be going to the net, but the D was slow getting back on him"

the D meaning Datsyuk in this case

Don't forget Wooley's ill timed pinch-in which set the whole play in motion.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:02 PM
doublejack

Very nice goal by Pavel. Talk about earning redemption. 3-2 Wings now.

Old
12-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Higgy4

-Great game by Zetterberg. Probably the best game I have ever seen him play. He was all over the place and could have easily had 3-4 goals.

-Lidstrom was solid tonight with 3 points. Was great positionally as usual. Took a hooking call, but I thought he played very well. Seemed to be looking to shoot much more tonight...which is a good thing.

-Datsyuk with a beauty to give the Wings the lead. Sure...the shorthanded tally was his man, but sometimes other teams players hustle more than you do. You cant win every battle for the puck. I thought that Datsyuk was trying to get back into the play just fine, but the Caps simply worked hard to get that goal. Also, I got a tad nervous after that ugly knee on knee hit from Eminger. But Datsyuk got right up and stayed on the ice for the insuing PP. Whew.

-Osgood was solid, if unspectacular. Made some key saves and I dont think any of the goals can really be attributed to him.

-Cleary was the Wings 2nd best forward on the ice tonight, in my opinion. Never stops moving his legs and I thought he looked good playing with Shanny and Datsyuk as well.

-Chelios has quietly been very solid for the Wings for quite awhile now. He is playing very good defense on a consistent basis.

-Jiri Hudler needs to be sent back to Grand Rapids. He is absolutely WASTED dressing for the Wings. 2:58 in ice time! Bring up another warm body or insert Mark Mowers or Jamie Rivers for stuff like that. I am pretty upset about this.

-All in all a good game for the Wings. The Caps really worked hard all night and played a tough, tough game.

Old
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I have only one word for Pasha's goal...beauty!

Old
12-10-2005, 01:24 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
I have only one word for Pasha's goal...beauty!
With 1 move he got 3 people

Old
12-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I'm not sure Osgood is getting enough credit for the game he had. He made some great stops and came up huge when the team needed him to. It wasn't always pretty, but he was effective and a large reason we walked away with a win.

I'm really not impressed with our play in our own zone, though. It looks like they try to make the pretty, jawdropping play too often instead of just clearing the puck out of the zone. I know people want to see goals and I'm sure the players love scoring them, but you win by keeping the puck out of the net and it's far easier to do when the puck isn't in your zone.

Zetterberg does look a lot more involved as a center. And the guy shows up every night. I know when Z came over there was talk about him eventually being captain material, and we're seeing it now. There's no telling how talkative the guy is in the lockerroom, but he leads by example nearly every night on the ice. Once one of the A's is opened up, he should be at the top of the list, and heir apparent to the C.

there were a lot of positives to this game but I also think it highlighted our deficiencies, especially when we had to go to three lines and 5 dmen.

Old
12-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98
I'm not sure Osgood is getting enough credit for the game he had. He made some great stops and came up huge when the team needed him to. It wasn't always pretty, but he was effective and a large reason we walked away with a win.
You are surprised by this?

Old
12-10-2005, 10:26 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98
Par for the course. He rarely does.....rarely has.

Fortunately for Osgood, he's always seemed to be more concerned about getting Wins than he is about getting credit.

Silly guy.

Old
12-10-2005, 12:18 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
ozzy look confident and make some key save in the last 2 game , i dont think we gonna see Howard soon.

Old
12-10-2005, 03:29 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans
ozzy look confident and make some key save in the last 2 game , i dont think we gonna see Howard soon.
When we see Howard next is entirely up to Osgood. If Chris keeps playing well until Legace returns, Howard's next start could be for the Griffins.

Old
12-12-2005, 03:25 AM
Roccoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuJo#31
With 1 move he got 3 people
datsyuk's goal was a pretty one for sure, but after watching the reply of the game (love you TiVo!) it was AO backchecking into Kolzig that really took Olie out of the play

sure i'll get flamed for this

Old
12-12-2005, 04:46 AM
interminded

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMurp
datsyuk's goal was a pretty one for sure, but after watching the reply of the game (love you TiVo!) it was AO backchecking into Kolzig that really took Olie out of the play

sure i'll get flamed for this
Well, there is some truth in that.
I wouldn't call it backchecking perse, but you're right.

Anyways, we'll never know if Kolzig would have stopped it.
So for now, let's just call it a great goal !

Old
12-12-2005, 01:43 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Really, let's just savor it...'twas beauty indeed.

Old
12-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Roccoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by interminded
Well, there is some truth in that.
I wouldn't call it backchecking perse, but you're right.

Anyways, we'll never know if Kolzig would have stopped it.
So for now, let's just call it a great goal !
of course, and it was sweet regardless -- most players would not have the kind of patience displayed by Pavel

please trade to DC so he can center AO thanks

Closed Thread