HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Worst Team In Canada:Damien Cox

Old
12-25-2011, 12:39 AM
david999

vCash: 500
Montreal Worst Team In Canada:Damien Cox

Says it all:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...e-les-glorieux

Merry Christmas!

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 12:41 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Right now we're slated to pick 6th overall. One spot out of the lottery. Most of the teams behind and ahead of us have played less games too. Looks grim to say the least.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 12:43 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Winger Lars Eller, the most noteworthy (thus far) player acquired in Gauthier’s deal that sent playoff hero Jaroslav Halak to St. Louis before last season, was scratched against the Jets along with Subban, putting yet more skill on the sidelines as Cunneyworth hopes for a more “blue-collar” approach.
That part has me scratching my head wondering if this guy knows anything about this team. Eller is one of the most blue-collar guys we've got. Not to mention he isn't a winger.

Old
12-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Hard to dispute. The most depressing aspect of our team is that we have so many relatively long-term contracts being used on underachieving players, who are past their prime (Gomez/Markov/Gionta/Cammalleri/Kaberle). It will take several years to get out of this gutter.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 12:45 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Sorry I can't edit posts, if a mod could merge my three it would be appreciated.

Quote:
The Habs aren’t a particularly young team with loads of upcoming talent, nor are they a veteran, battle-hardened group. They’re somewhere in between.
Another thing that makes me wonder if this guy knows anything about this team. We don't have loads of upcoming talent? I doubt there's any other team in the league who's going to have a better crop of prospects in their farm team next year than us.

Old
12-25-2011, 12:54 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
Sorry I can't edit posts, if a mod could merge my three it would be appreciated.

Another thing that makes me wonder if this guy knows anything about this team. We don't have loads of upcoming talent? I doubt there's any other team in the league who's going to have a better crop of prospects in their farm team next year than us.
Hab fans really like to overrate their players. We don't have too many blue chip prospects....Gallagher doesn't count.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 12:59 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Hab fans really like to overrate their players. We don't have too many blue chip prospects....Gallagher doesn't count.

How many other teams have five or six future NHLers going into their AHL team next year? Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Bournival, Gallagher and Kristo all at one time.

Old
12-25-2011, 01:03 AM
BLBarmada

Wow way to point our this obvious Damien !

Seriously though I stopped rooting for this team back in 08-09, Management was horrible then and is horrible now.

The playoff run in 2010 was fluke, last year game 7 against Boston, chalk it up to Price, some will say well we took the bruins to 7 games, yeah well we know them really well.

This team needs a major house cleaning and the molsons need to stop letting the meadow run the team.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:11 AM
onebighockeyfan

Cox is a known Habs hater and Leafs homer. The Habs would be first in the Eastern Conference and he would be posting such crap.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:14 AM
habtastic

does this still want to make you tank and be an embarrassment or rise from the ashes and astonish the league with a complete turnaround. This time of the calendar is about fresh starts and hope. I want THIS team to turn it around and take the lollipop out of Toronto media's mouth. GO HABS GO!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:28 AM
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
Damien Cox is a horsecrap writer. He seriously is pathetic, jumping at the chance to kick us while were down. Uninformed garbage as usual (and im not just referring to when he writes about the habs). While im ranting same goes for jack todd or whatever his name is haha

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:36 AM
knuck
On and off fan

I saw nothing wrong in what he wrote. He barely gave his opinion at all (only if you read between the lines) and he stated facts. Honestly, if you're not a Habs fan, it's something that may be good and interesting to read.

You guys need to sit back, take a breath and relax. Not everyone hates us, not everyone bashes us. We just suck, deal with it.

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:40 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

What a scoop, since we can't check out the standings.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:14 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
That part has me scratching my head wondering if this guy knows anything about this team. Eller is one of the most blue-collar guys we've got. Not to mention he isn't a winger.
Regardless of where he thinks Eller plays, he hasn't been anything more than our normal AHLer at this point. I don't get the love. The guy has no finish. Until he can take his level up another level, he will never be more than a has been/should have been.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Something tells me he's talking about this year. Immediately after that paragraph he goes on by saying that Leblanc is up and that Beaulieu and Tinordi are helping their national team right now. Doesn't seem like Cox is giving the Habs a note on their future after this year.

Though, the only guys with potential of a top player in our upcoming great youngsters to come are Kristo, Gallagher and Beaulieu. Might turn great. Though, I don't believe there's any stars in the making even in that bunch. All 3 have great potential with tons of things to correct to make it a step further. Could happen, should happen but it's all in the air right now.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 05:47 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
i noticed years before cox has a blind hatred for the habs. he is known to jab the habs at every chance. a few years ago he was a kick about habs winnning cups because we had sole access to french players

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 06:16 AM
WhiskeySeven

What a load of crap. On paper the Habs are better than more than half the league.

Jacques Martin destroyed all moral in the lockeroom. Give them some time to get their bearings.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Regardless of where he thinks Eller plays, he hasn't been anything more than our normal AHLer at this point. I don't get the love. The guy has no finish. Until he can take his level up another level, he will never be more than a has been/should have been.

I agree on Ellar, people have him overrated on the board, looks good but no finish, translates into no points. He steps it up or gets shipped out !!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Damien Cox is the worst sports writer in Canada, and a known Habs hater. But we are actually the worst team in Canada.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Teufelsdreck

Don't take offense at what outsiders like Damien Cox say. Why should we take the trouble to protest meaningless words?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:34 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Habs are awful right now (on paper they shouldn't be), but surprise surprise we still have a lot of injuries. That's on management though for building around injury-prone and smaller players (who generally wear down over time).

I have no explanation for the performance of a guy like Cammalleri this year. Dude has just given up. I for one am all for packaging off as many vets as possible this year and try to get into the lottery pick. Move up to the top spot if need be. We have some very decent youth coming up over the next 2-3 years so now is the time to pick up some high-end picks and shed as many bad contracts as possible.

The only guys over 25 I think we should keep are Gorges, Plekanec, Cole, Kaberle (just because you can't move that contract) and Markov. Sit Markov the rest of the year so he can come back at 110% next year and get a full training camp. Tank it.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
being from the baseball world, Paper is one way to look at a team, injuries? are an excuse....

Sure you have a 40 man roster in The MLB, but good GM's prep for that in the NHL. Never sign injured players long-term. Are we really the worst? Getting skunked in Winnipeg doesn't bring confidence.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Habs are awful right now (on paper they shouldn't be), but surprise surprise we still have a lot of injuries. That's on management though for building around injury-prone and smaller players (who generally wear down over time).

I have no explanation for the performance of a guy like Cammalleri this year. Dude has just given up. I for one am all for packaging off as many vets as possible this year and try to get into the lottery pick. Move up to the top spot if need be. We have some very decent youth coming up over the next 2-3 years so now is the time to pick up some high-end picks and shed as many bad contracts as possible.

The only guys over 25 I think we should keep are Gorges, Plekanec, Cole, Kaberle (just because you can't move that contract) and Markov. Sit Markov the rest of the year so he can come back at 110% next year and get a full training camp. Tank it.
I think that by next season Emelin and Kostitsyn will be over 25. I also think that Kaberle could be traded at the deadline. I'd also like to find out if Perezhogin can be lured back.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
I agree on Ellar, people have him overrated on the board, looks good but no finish, translates into no points. He steps it up or gets shipped out !!
The Habs don't have a player named "Ellar", no wonder that guy is not producing!

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:10 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I think that by next season Emelin and Kostitsyn will be over 25. I also think that Kaberle could be traded at the deadline. I'd also like to find out if Perezhogin can be lured back.
I'd keep those two as well, forgot they we're on the cusp of the 25-26 area. They are good value at their salaries and will continue to be even after renewal I believe.

Perezhogin is definitely someone I'd welcome back.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote