HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Suggestiion: Let's cheer the team and help them

Old
12-24-2011, 03:00 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Suggestiion: Let's cheer the team and help them

Guys, I'm serious about this. I can't do anything but I think you guys can. And by the way, Yes I'd love a top 5 pick, but in the meanwhile let's cheer on the Habs. Even if we lose, at least the Habs players will know we have their back.

We have no choice. We are Habs fans. I think times are dark, but I will never ever stop loving the Habs.

You know what? It would be cool if real Habs fans, who know how tough it is now for these guys, came out on Jan 4 and gave them a big cheer. Yes, I'm pissed at Cammy and others, but man, that would be cool. It's exactly the opposite of what the players will expect.

Sadly I think it will not happen though. I wish it would, it would pick the team up. It's Hockey, it's a game of spirit. We could give these guys some spirit by giving them an ovation when they get back. Do they deserve it? No. But let's cheer them as Habs fans. Let's show them support.

I'm a long way away, I can't go to the game. Maybe you guys could organize one small section of the Bell that shows total support to our guys on the 4th. I think it would help the guys big time right now.

This would show our class as Habs fans.

I leave it to you guys. Get on twitter, tell Mike Boone. Get 5000 people at the bell to give them a big cheer of support when they get back. Man, That would touch our players, and tell them they are in a great hockey city, not a **** one.

We can't help the guys on the ice, but we can damn well tell them we are behind them.

It's the last thing we want to do, we're pissed off, fair enough. But I think it would be classy and brilliant. Anyone up for organizing this?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:02 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Guys, I'm serious about this. I can't do anything but I think you guys can. And by the way, Yes I'd love a top 5 pick, but in the meanwhile let's cheer on the Habs. Even if we lose, at least the Habs players will know we have their back.

We have no choice. We are Habs fans. I think times are dark, but I will never ever stop loving the Habs.

You know what? It would be cool if real Habs fans, who know how tough it is now for these guys, came out on Jan 4 and gave them a big cheer. Yes, I'm pissed at Cammy and others, but man, that would be cool. It's exactly the opposite of what the players will expect.

Sadly I think it will not happen though. I wish it would, it would pick the team up. It's Hockey, it's a game of spirit. We could give these guys some spirit by giving them an ovation when they get back. Do they deserve it? No. But let's cheer them as Habs fans. Let's show them support.

I'm a long way away, I can't go to the game. Maybe you guys could organize one small section of the Bell that shows total support to our guys on the 4th. I think it would help the guys big time right now.

I leave it to you guys. Get on twitter, tell Mike Boone. Get 5000 people at the bell to give them a big cheer of support when they get back. Man, That would touch our players, and tell them they are in a great hockey city, not a **** one.

We can't help the guys on the ice, but we can damn well tell them we are behind them.

It's the last thing we want to do, we're pissed off, fair enough. But I think it would be classy and brilliant. Anyone up for organizing this?
Mods please fix my spelling of the title. Thanks!

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:15 AM
OneSharpMarble

You need to watch hbo 24/7

http://www.youtube.com/user/HockeyVa...11/esk_qSq-1g4

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Pleky Roks

Yes!!!

In this time of turmoil the team could use all the support it can get from their LOYAL fans!! Cheer as loud as you can...and when the team is having trouble scoring goals and winning game, cheer even louder and show you support them no matter what!!

All this complaining about players, coaches, GM's and languages is just foolish. No other city in the NHL has to deal with this nonsense....lets cut it out and be true Hab fans by cheering for them even when times are tough!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Skarjak

I don't like the direction this team is taking. They have forgotten why the team was founded and no longer represent their fans. I hope they get punished for this. Call me spiteful, but I hope they are drowned in boos when they come back. I'm not gonna cheer for such a bunch of losers.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:39 PM
TerryJGJ

So you want us to turn into Toronto Fans? Cheer on a mediocre (at best) team year in year out?

TerryJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

Cheering the players isn't same as cheering management. I don't see how booing our players will help now or in future. At least when they return give them a chance first.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

I'm 100% behind you. As LyricalLyricist said, we're cheering the players, not the management. I've been a fan for 44 years and want to show the guys on the ice I'm behind them. I'll be at the New Years game in Florida and plan to make a sign. Maybe something like, "Our hearts are with you. Keep your heart in the game and we'll call it even"

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:34 PM
habtastic

The OP is right. Be a fan and cheer. You might be surprised by what they can achieve. If your fandom is only present if you have a stacked team that is favoured to win then you, as a fan have less heart than the team right now. Obviously our tradition is one of winning and many of you undervalue our ECF appearance, but celebrate our '93 Cup as if it wasn't based on great goaltending and timely goals. Be a fan. Cheer.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
We don't have to cheer, but were aloud to rebuild, this might be a good thing, 18 years of the same has done nothing!!!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:49 PM
habtastic

It will be a truly dark day when the fans turn on this team and start booing them or not giving them support at least at home (btw, sommmmetimes booing the PP I consider a little help). The previous time (mocking Price) was atrocious and as bad as things are and were, it does our history a diservice. Change will come, don't worry, either with the people we have in terms of success or this oft-heralded rebuild. I'm still going to wear my jersey (in Leaf country) and keep my flag up. If they suck, they suck, that's it, but I'm still going to hope that they do better and my feeling is that things will move in a more positive direction from here on. It's tough being a fan sometimes, but it's worth it. We don't need a rebuild and nobody who really cares about watching the Habs game in and game out is going to tolerate a couple of years or more of failure. If you can get by with the Als and the Impact and whatever non-MTL teams you follow, I can see why you would accept that, but I can't. It's not about a quick band-aid solution, this is not the mid-late 90s. We are not far away from success and for a lot of this team it's psychological. Tanking... It's just not the way we do things. Management change, fine, whatever. A trade, ok if it helps us. I think the fans supporting the team have a HUGE hand in this. We're the team's best weapon and deadliest foe.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
It will be a truly dark day when the fans turn on this team and start booing them or not giving them support at least at home (btw, sommmmetimes booing the PP I consider a little help). The previous time (mocking Price) was atrocious and as bad as things are and were, it does our history a diservice. Change will come, don't worry, either with the people we have in terms of success or this oft-heralded rebuild. I'm still going to wear my jersey (in Leaf country) and keep my flag up. If they suck, they suck, that's it, but I'm still going to hope that they do better and my feeling is that things will move in a more positive direction from here on. It's tough being a fan sometimes, but it's worth it. We don't need a rebuild and nobody who really cares about watching the Habs game in and game out is going to tolerate a couple of years or more of failure. If you can get by with the Als and the Impact and whatever non-MTL teams you follow, I can see why you would accept that, but I can't. It's not about a quick band-aid solution, this is not the mid-late 90s. We are not far away from success and for a lot of this team it's psychological. Tanking... It's just not the way we do things. Management change, fine, whatever. A trade, ok if it helps us. I think the fans supporting the team have a HUGE hand in this. We're the team's best weapon and deadliest foe.
I'm putting this on my game poster. Every word. And I'm bringing eight of my cousins to help me carry it.

Old
12-25-2011, 01:33 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Yeah , let's cheer for the team to have a nice little 2nd half of the season so we can get bounced in the 1st round , have a average draft pick , draft a david fisher or louis leblanc and continue the very successful way this team has been doing for the last 20 years

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Kriss E

Class and habs fans..I appreciate the attitude, but come back down to reality, there is not much class about most habs fans.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:08 PM
neofury*

I agree with the OP. It couldn't hurt. Lord knows a lot of the guys aren't likely feel good about themselves this holiday.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Class and habs fans..I appreciate the attitude, but come back down to reality, there is not much class about most habs fans.
What does this mean? I have no idea what kind of a fan you are or what kind of fan you hang out with, but the Habs fans I know are loyal, smart and are graceful when they win and lose.

Old
12-25-2011, 02:19 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I agree with the OP. It couldn't hurt. Lord knows a lot of the guys aren't likely feel good about themselves this holiday.
Huuuh , pooooor them...

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 04:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchBrawl View Post
Yeah , let's cheer for the team to have a nice little 2nd half of the season so we can get bounced in the 1st round , have a average draft pick , draft a david fisher or louis leblanc and continue the very successful way this team has been doing for the last 20 years
You miss the point. Management needs to make changes. There's a lot of guys on this team who play to win, cheer them. Boo management. AT LEAST when they return after road trip give them a chance to prove themselves and show a good effort. I think it's only fair you don't come off the gate booing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I wouldn't say 'most' but a lot of the fanbase is very immature.

Old
12-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

What player would want to go to the net and take a Chara crosscheck to the face/neck or a Pronger slash for fans like ours?

I would not want to play for such an ungrateful and rude fan base as in Montreal.

Go elsewhere young Hab players...

Play for Nashville where people cheer you on regardless... instead of stomping on your head when you are in your darkest times and greatest moments of need.

ps. Merry Christmas

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 04:35 PM
canadiens1992

I have decided to pull out of season ticket waitlist this year with a clear letter telling them that I do not appreciate their product on the ice, thus making me pull out.

Until they turn it around, I'm not going to follow this team like I did in the last 5 years (which to me were pretty exciting). I'm only 19, these last years were probably the best I remember.

Now, screw this.

canadiens1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 05:14 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiens1992 View Post
I have decided to pull out of season ticket waitlist this year with a clear letter telling them that I do not appreciate their product on the ice, thus making me pull out.

Until they turn it around, I'm not going to follow this team like I did in the last 5 years (which to me were pretty exciting). I'm only 19, these last years were probably the best I remember.

Now, screw this.
We need some new blood, fresh ideas. management has been the same for the past 8 years and its been an Ok record. However this season has been a disaster. I remember one year they missed the playoffs and raised my ticket prices. I wrote them a nice letter as well

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 05:21 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

This is a conflicting time among Habs fans.

And the reason for this is that we really do not trust our upper management or ownership to make the right decisions.

Montreal is STARVING for a strong competitive team that has top notch talent like Detroit or Pittsburgh or Chicago. Instead, we have cast offs from other teams and bloated salaries for underperformers mixed in with some players with real heart.

We had a lifeless coach who did nothing to inspire this team or change his tactics to suit his personnel. He is gone only to be replaced by a coach with the same tactics and belief system.

We have a GM who did little to nothing to change this team over the summer when he had many opportunities to do so. Instead, he brought in unproven talent to go along with our bloated salaries. He made a panic move in Kaberle and his bloated salary which will hamstring this team for two more years.

Some people feel that the only way we will get out of this mess is to have a complete meltdown where ownership will be forced to aim higher regarding management and coaching. Because sometimes the only way an owner will listen to fans is through his loss of revenue.

Does that make that type of fan evil or wrong? No. Does it make those fans feel great or right about their feelings? No.

Tough times in Montreal. Only one person can change it and that is Molson.

I live a long way from Montreal. Having said that, if I lived in Montreal, I would be very averse to going to the Bell Centre and cheering on and spending hundreds of dollars for what Gauthier/Martin have given us. It is not a sign of disrespect for the players. It is a sign of distrust in management.

Love the game, love the team, hate the leadership.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiens1992 View Post

Now, screw this.
By the time you got season tickets there would be a new product on the ice.

Old
12-25-2011, 05:23 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
This is a conflicting time among Habs fans.

And the reason for this is that we really do not trust our upper management or ownership to make the right decisions.

Montreal is STARVING for a strong competitive team that has top notch talent like Detroit or Pittsburgh or Chicago. Instead, we have cast offs from other teams and bloated salaries for underperformers mixed in with some players with real heart.

We had a lifeless coach who did nothing to inspire this team or change his tactics to suit his personnel. He is gone only to be replaced by a coach with the same tactics and belief system.

We have a GM who did little to nothing to change this team over the summer when he had many opportunities to do so. Instead, he brought in unproven talent to go along with our bloated salaries. He made a panic move in Kaberle and his bloated salary which will hamstring this team for two more years.

Some people feel that the only way we will get out of this mess is to have a complete meltdown where ownership will be forced to aim higher regarding management and coaching. Because sometimes the only way an owner will listen to fans is through his loss of revenue.

Does that make that type of fan evil or wrong? No. Does it make those fans feel great or right about their feelings? No.

Tough times in Montreal. Only one person can change it and that is Molson.

I live a long way from Montreal. Having said that, if I lived in Montreal, I would be very averse to going to the Bell Centre and cheering on and spending hundreds of dollars for what Gauthier/Martin have given us. It is not a sign of disrespect for the players. It is a sign of distrust in management.

Love the game, love the players, hate the leadership.
I consider it this way:

If you don't go, it hurts the owners. If you do go and boo, it hurts the players.

Old
12-25-2011, 05:34 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I consider it this way:

If you don't go, it hurts the owners. If you do go and boo, it hurts the players.
I agree 100%. No way should the fans in Montreal boo the players. That is idiocy.

If they could put up on the big screen "Now is your chance to either cheer or boo management", that would be a great opportunity for fans to be heard.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote