HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marian Gaborik- Countdown to 50 (11-12 edition)

Old
12-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Emptyvoid

vCash: 500
One of things I love about Gabby is how he never complains to the refs. EVER.

I really hope his shoulder is simply bruised from that slash, he is having such a great year.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:41 PM
gluvhand

Anybody else here think the Rangers send a clip of that slash to the league for review?

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:37 AM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Sick argument!

That's as asinine as me saying Ryan is better simply because he outscores Gaborik by over 20 points last season.

Last year was the year you're allowed to have an off year. This year is the one that counts, though. Any player having a down year this season SUCKS!

Come on now. Bring something productive to the conversation or just don't post. It's that simple.
I'm sorry but I am just finding it hard to believe what I'm reading right now. This is the first time in my life that a fan of the team that has the league's goal scoring leader on its roster has advocated trading said player in my living memory. Hat's off to you for your stuborness my friend, I find it refreshing that you stick your guns against all odds and in spite of the amazing amount of evidence to the contrary.

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Zuuuuc

I can't tell if this is a thread counting down Gaborik's pursuit of 50 goals or a BobbyRyan vs Gaborik thread .
Very happy to see Gaborik back to form and leading the league in goals at the Christmas break. He wasn't the same after the Lundqvist skate to the thigh in practice and the separated shoulder compounded that. I hope his shot and skating are back for good, and he brings in the Rocket Richard this year...though I will settle for a Stanley Cup

Zuuuuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Gaborik would be so much closer to 50 now if they just had Avery on his wing. Sean's combination of grit, board work, agitation, vision & passing are the best complement to Gaborik the team has. He'd put Anisimov to shame.

In addition, I heard on good authority that he not only helped an old lady across the street, but he even gave a child a puppy for Christmas. A PUPPY.

Gaborik needs a guy like him.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Gaborik would be so much closer to 50 now if they just had Avery on his wing. Sean's combination of grit, board work, agitation, vision & passing are the best complement to Gaborik the team has. He'd put Anisimov to shame.

In addition, I heard on good authority that he not only helped an old lady across the street, but he even gave a child a puppy for Christmas. A PUPPY.

This is ridiculously untrue. Avery is good at the things you said, but that does nothing for Gaborik. Anisimov has been playing amazing with Gaborik and it would be foolish to move him to a different line because of Avery.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 06:28 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post

I like the way this looks.

Great job, Gabby!

This is it! Love it!

Merry Christmas ya'all!

And I agree this team is special!

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 07:56 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Anybody else here think the Rangers send a clip of that slash to the league for review?
im sure the league saw it happened and looked into it, highly doubt anything comes of it.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 07:58 PM
alves

Quote:

Oh come on, that's ridiculous. Anisimov is the best forward on the team at creating turnovers for players like Stepan and Gaborik to then turn into a scoring chance. Forget Avery people, he's not part of the team's ultimate future. We do not need him.

Anyway, I can see Gaborik getting 45 easily. While he's on pace for 50+, I don't think he gets there. I'm predicting 46 goals, 35 assists.

alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:07 PM
John Torturella

Quote:

This must. MUST be sarcasm. Next time put one of these in your post.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
This is ridiculously untrue. Avery is good at the things you said, but that does nothing for Gaborik. Anisimov has been playing amazing with Gaborik and it would be foolish to move him to a different line because of Avery.
Anisimov & Dubinsky need to be moved to make room for Avery. Imagine what the team's W/L record would be if Sean finally has his spot on the team cemented. Plus, Gaborik would have a shot at catching Giroux with someone who can put the puck in the net finally on his wing. Remember how often he scores goals by TOI!

Old
12-26-2011, 12:25 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvesNYR View Post
Oh come on, that's ridiculous. Anisimov is the best forward on the team at creating turnovers for players like Stepan and Gaborik to then turn into a scoring chance. Forget Avery people, he's not part of the team's ultimate future. We do not need him.

Anyway, I can see Gaborik getting 45 easily. While he's on pace for 50+, I don't think he gets there. I'm predicting 46 goals, 35 assists.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Yeah.

I knew he was messing around when he starting talking about the lady crossing the street.

Avery would've crossed into the street before the hand signal was white white and been offside.

(Just in case )

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 02:03 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Oh, a sarcasm detector; that's a REAL useful invention...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXmKPMaHMo

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Khelvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Avery would've crossed into the street before the hand signal was white white and been offside.
Complete hogwash! Avery has been offsides like ONCE this season, and only then because Torts hates him.

Old
12-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Complete hogwash! Avery has been offsides like ONCE this season, and only then because Torts hates him.
...I nearly flamed the **** out of your before for bringing up Avery. That SHOULD have been easily detectable sarcasm, but, on this board one can never be so sure.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevisser View Post
I'm sorry but I am just finding it hard to believe what I'm reading right now. This is the first time in my life that a fan of the team that has the league's goal scoring leader on its roster has advocated trading said player in my living memory. Hat's off to you for your stuborness my friend, I find it refreshing that you stick your guns against all odds and in spite of the amazing amount of evidence to the contrary.
Evidence? I've said many times over the offseason that I have no doubts that Gaborik will get back to his game and score 40-50 goals this year. But my fear lies in whether or not he can be an effective player in much tougher games in the playoffs.

And I just happen to understand that trading your highest paid player when he's having an off year makes no sense, but trading him when his value is at an all-time high will bring back valuable, cheaper assets and help improve the team both short and long term.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:23 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

28 to go. Jinx thread.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

goals in 5 straight games

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:41 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Evidence? I've said many times over the offseason that I have no doubts that Gaborik will get back to his game and score 40-50 goals this year. But my fear lies in whether or not he can be an effective player in much tougher games in the playoffs.

And I just happen to understand that trading your highest paid player when he's having an off year makes no sense, but trading him when his value is at an all-time high will bring back valuable, cheaper assets and help improve the team both short and long term.
Playoff games are a bit tougher, but that doesn't mean our opponents get any bigger or stronger than we do. On top of that, I think Gabby's the type of guy who when it means more, is going to up the effort, and that speed of his. I would argue that Gaborik could be MORE effective and productive in the playoffs.

Moving Gaborik right now couldn't possibly help the team short term, and it's seriously doubtful long term.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:

Yeah you are right, while we are in first in the East, we should trade our best skater, the leading goal scorer in the league. That is a very good idea, sell high. You cannot be serious, this isn't fantasy hockey, or NHL 12. When you have a player of this caliber, playing like this, there is no way you even think of trading him.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:01 AM
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
Yeah you are right, while we are in first in the East, we should trade our best skater, the leading goal scorer in the league. That is a very good idea, sell high. You cannot be serious, this isn't fantasy hockey, or NHL 12. When you have a player of this caliber, playing like this, there is no way you even think of trading him.
yep, that is true, NHL is no fantasy so wake up..

on the side note, Gaborik needs to add some muscle mass for play-off, because PO nowadays are about strength and endurance..

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

One more and he's half way there.

He's on pace. wow.

Old
01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

In 38 games he's already beaten what he did last year in 62 games. Amazing rebound.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

23 was a rocket

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote