HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer,Easton or Warrior?

Old
12-24-2011, 11:21 PM
OpenIceHit42

vCash: 500
Bauer,Easton or Warrior?

Currently using an Easton EQ40 (Hall pattern). Really like it and feel Easton is pretty durable.

Just kicking around the idea of giving a Bauer or Warrior a shot, I have used both in the past but it's been awhile. What's everyone's thoughts on these lines of sticks?

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:46 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
I have always liked my release on shots with the Dolomite sticks, I've yet to try the newest iteration but I like low kicks. If you like low kick shots try out Reebok, I have a 6k Reebok at 76 flex that just screams on wristers and snappers, my favorite stick of all time and it's a price point stick oddly.

I guess my point is to try stick a bit and find out what shoots best for you, I find that the blade is a lot more important for me instead of the shaft. I like to feel the puck and I prefer a lot less curve to help my backhanders and the saucey passes.

Just my 2c.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 12:27 AM
IDuck

TBH i think you cant go wrong with either...i have tried several sticks/brands and will only use warrior or bauer, currently i (for past 2 years) i have used all warrior and love them

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:23 AM
vapor11

I love everything about the Bauer Vapor's..I just picked up 2 more x40's

Edit: Mainly what I like the most is the slim profile and rounded corners as my hands are not huge

Last edited by vapor11: 12-25-2011 at 03:18 PM.
vapor11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:54 AM
dabeechman

You should probably be a little more specific. You are using a mid level stick and asking what we think of it vs. the other brands in their entirety. Do you have specific models in mind?

Are you wanting to compare your eq40 to other mid level sticks? Or higher end sticks?

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:22 PM
SouthpawTRK

All three of the brands you mentioned are tremendous; Bauer, Easton and Warrior. Even the smaller companies are going to be making quality product; they just may not have the funding to have a lot of marketing to stimulate their sales/interest with the public.

I've used most Bauer and Easton sticks and have really liked most of them; I've got a Warrior on order; but I'm sure that I'll like that as well.

If I were comparing brands, I would just make sure that I am comparing sticks of the same level; comparing a Bauer X40 to a Easton RS is not a fair comparison to say the least. Also, you may want to compare sticks that have the same attributes; kick points and shaft shapes come to mind.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:26 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
I hated warrior when i tried to switch from Easton to Warrior. It made my shot worse, the stick lasted 3 games and i couldnt take a slapper with it for my life.

try Combat dude... those sticks are amazing and this is coming from an Easton Slappy. Best stick ive ever had was my EQ50, this one is a close second though. A few grams lighter and it'd be amazing. I use the 52 cal, its sick.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:27 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Btw, on hockeygiant or other sites right now, you can get a S19 for less then 160$

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:16 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Like a bunch of people said - each brand has mid and low kick sticks, each brand has their own patterns and each brand has their own shapes. Any one thing off and you have a stick that you just won't like.

Tell us what kind of stick you like or have liked including the blade pattern and we can help make a better recommendation. I find that each brand has a stick that plays quite the same and it's just a matter of how you like your grip and the pattern on the blade.

If you're a new player just looking for a stick - I reccomend getting two shafts, a mid kick and a low kick and trying out blades from ebay etc until you find the pattern you like. Make sure when you're trying out the pattern that you concentrate on your shot / passes going where you want and with them spinning and not fluttering. If you can control the puck in this way in the air then you've got a good combination.

Old
12-25-2011, 11:47 PM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
Like a bunch of people said - each brand has mid and low kick sticks, each brand has their own patterns and each brand has their own shapes. Any one thing off and you have a stick that you just won't like.

Tell us what kind of stick you like or have liked including the blade pattern and we can help make a better recommendation. I find that each brand has a stick that plays quite the same and it's just a matter of how you like your grip and the pattern on the blade.

If you're a new player just looking for a stick - I reccomend getting two shafts, a mid kick and a low kick and trying out blades from ebay etc until you find the pattern you like. Make sure when you're trying out the pattern that you concentrate on your shot / passes going where you want and with them spinning and not fluttering. If you can control the puck in this way in the air then you've got a good combination.
I've been playing for 23 years..I ran into some cheap Bauer X40's the other day, Kane pattern, liked the feel and hook. The hook seemed similar to the Hall EQ40 I'm using.

As far as Warrior, I used a Dolomite (Draper) a few years ago when they first came out and an AK27 pro stock last year (snapped very quickly). From what I recall I liked them. I'm just trying to get input on what I should look at that would be similar to my EQ40. I'm looking for a mid level stick, nothing too crazy.

Any thoughts on the Warrior Banditos? I saw that HockeyGiant has them for $89.99 with an extra 15% off

Last edited by OpenIceHit42: 12-26-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old
12-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Always had the best luck with Bauer. The newest Warriors seem to be a big improvement over the old ones in terms of durability. Don't use Easton much and haven't heard good things about the blade life. But that's coming from people who don't break sticks.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 05:19 PM
opivy
Sauce King

I've had a lot of luck with Dolomites. Draper = Sakic / Hall curves that you favor. Reebok has the 6k in that price point and it's also a low release stick with the same shape as the Dolo's / X:40's. The AK stick is a more squared shaft and a mid kick.

All those sticks though are a more rounded shaft, the EQ40 has a larger squarish shaft. The Bauer one series have similar shaft shapes but the EQ is a low kick and the ones are mid kick.

Dolo / Dynasty in Draper
Reebok 6k / 8k in Crosby or Datsyuk
Bauer X:40 / X 4.0 in p92

Old
12-27-2011, 11:38 AM
OpenIceHit42

Any thoughts on the AK27/Bandito? Is the AK27 worth the extra $15 more then the Bandito?

Old
12-27-2011, 12:57 PM
r3cc0s

sticks vary from line to line within each brand in itself but IMO the leader in innovation is Easton and Bauer

From a durability standpoint I think Easton is maybe the best... but it could be just sheer popularity

however, I've heard the least complaints about Easton blades getting soft, and how many of you guys still see origional synergy's or its varients (SE/Elite/SL and old ST) still out there?

I think since Bauer's One95... they've created as good of a top end stick as Easton has.

Easton however has so many varients, but I have to say that the blade feel, balance and kick point of most of mid to high end "low kick point" sticks are what I'm most comfortable with.
I've used the S11, ST, S19, S17 and will give the new RS a go, but all have been good performing sticks... that being said the S17 I've heard is questionable in durability.

The Bauer's TotalOne is an amazing stick with again alot of techology behind it, as with the new APX series replacing the X:60.

The only Warrior I like is the Dolomite, but I've seen so many of them just detonate, that I'm apprehensive of buying one. Also, though the sticks are montreal, which was awesome, they aren't quite keeping up with the rest of the industry IMO.
The AK27 is a mid-kick point stick, which I know loads up well... but its kinda heavy and I'd only buy the shaft as the blade on the OPS is kinda wonky feeling to me.

Sherwood on the other hand, makes a solid stick.. and the T90 is a favorite especially while concidering its price.
I also liked the TPS R8, but I don't think they are even being made these days.

Thing is, I just can't rationalize spending 3 bills on the latest stick... most I'll spend is $130

but I've seen these go for well under that:

One95
XXXX
X60 ($159)
Easton S14
Easton S19/S17
Easton ST
Warrior Hitman (light but I don't know how good)
TPS R8
T90
Easton SE16
Sherwood T90

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well there are new Warriors you haven't tried:

Widow/Diablo - very low kick stick with the dagger tapper
Dynasty - different stiffness on walls from front to back

Also the Dolomite and AK27 had different blade designs in 2008, 2009 (HD), and 2010-11 (DD). The original blade was a tank but had crap feel, the HD had great feel but crap durability, and the DD was somewhere between the two.

The new Warriors seem to have really good puck feel and durability, a lot like Bauer blades nowadays.

I think Easton must have reinforced the original Synergy sticks a lot because they thought if they broke easily nobody would keep buying them. That stick became the ST, which is a lot heavier and more durable than most sticks today.

As for their blades, they do seem to chip and go soft earlier than any other brand I've used.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Well there are new Warriors you haven't tried:

Widow/Diablo - very low kick stick with the dagger tapper
Dynasty - different stiffness on walls from front to back

Also the Dolomite and AK27 had different blade designs in 2008, 2009 (HD), and 2010-11 (DD). The original blade was a tank but had crap feel, the HD had great feel but crap durability, and the DD was somewhere between the two.

The new Warriors seem to have really good puck feel and durability, a lot like Bauer blades nowadays.

I think Easton must have reinforced the original Synergy sticks a lot because they thought if they broke easily nobody would keep buying them. That stick became the ST, which is a lot heavier and more durable than most sticks today.

As for their blades, they do seem to chip and go soft earlier than any other brand I've used.

Any thoughts on the Bandito? I found them on hockeygiant at a really good price, I found one extensive good review on modsquad but after that really not much feedback.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:34 PM
MD Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
Any thoughts on the Bandito? I found them on hockeygiant at a really good price, I found one extensive good review on modsquad but after that really not much feedback.
Also, Vandals are at a really good price now as well, so I was curious as to how much difference, if any, there was between the Vandal and Bandito.

MD Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:40 PM
OpenIceHit42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Moose View Post
Also, Vandals are at a really good price now as well, so I was curious as to how much difference, if any, there was between the Vandal and Bandito.
I saw that, unfortunately I use 100flex and all HG has is 85.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I dunno all those mid level sticks are such a disappointment to me. I had a Bandito blade and it felt like a concrete block at the end of my AK27 shaft.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
sqweaf*

I have had about 5 different warriors; never liked any of them.
I also wasn't paying for them....
Then I received a Sherwood 5030 composite (Bobby Ryan curve) and have never looked back.
More of a straighter curve. Good feel. Light weight. Great slapper and wicked backhands.

sqweaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:31 PM
r3cc0s

My st weights 460g as per the sticker on it... So honestly not much heavier than top sticks, though the s19, rs, totalone are definately lighter.

As to the feel, the s19 is really one of my favorites for shooting... But I think I can slap the ST with more power

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

You really can't go wrong with either three of these companies. But after using many sticks from all three companies I'd rank them as follows:

1. Bauer
2. Easton
3. Warrior

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 07:48 PM
ArrogantOwl

I really wish Warrior hockey sticks were on par with there lacrosse shafts.

ArrogantOwl is offline   Reply With Quote