HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Wojtek Wolski out with sports hernia (12/26: May return this week)

Old
12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

vCash: 500
lol I forgot all about Wolski

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:07 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Lets get WW in, show him off for a few games, trade the **** out of him. Must be someone out west wants him.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:26 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd have to think he'll get inserted on the Richards/Cally line. He looked good with Richards in the pre-season despite playing with an injury. It'll be interesting to see how the bottom-six shakes out when he returns.
i think wolski should get at least 10 games to audition with this line. if he can't be productive, then i'd like to see zuccarello get a shot, if he's healthy.
i like dubinsky on the third line.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:30 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Not typically a lineup guy, but this is what I would like to see:

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Wolski-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Dubinsky-Fedotenko
Rupp-Boyle-Prust

So I guess my answer is that Mitchell, Christensen and Avery are all out.

I wouldn't be upset to see either one of Dubinsky or Boyle in the press box for a game, just to maybe clear their heads a little bit. Wouldn't be pissed to see Feds out for Mitchell.
this looks good to me. i would like to see avery playing too, and mitchell has been good. but maybe there's just no room. if wolski can get it going, that's a wonderful lineup with a couple good guys standing by. just get the defense healthy. great 2012.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:36 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Lets get WW in, show him off for a few games, trade the **** out of him. Must be someone out west wants him.
And if he impresses when he's shown off, I keep him.

Hagelin and Fedotenko are not 2nd line wingers.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Wojtek wolski very close to returning from sports hernia. How it responds tomorrow will go a long way in determining if he plays this week.

AGrossRecord Andrew Gross
Wolski: "It really feels like I've gone through training camp three times...It's been four months of bag skating."

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Leave him in the tub.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:22 PM
cenas*

I think first one out is Feds. Mitchell, Hagelin and Boyle have been playing very good possession wise and I don't think we should tamper with that..

Rupp and Prust are good guys to have on 4th line.

Can Dubinsky play on the right wing btw?

If he can I'd use

AA-Stepan-Gaborik
Woolski-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Dubinsky
Rest of the bozos

If Dubs can't play RW he probably will need to be put to the 4th line again.. We can't afford not to play Boyle as the 3rd wing centre or use Hagelin only on the 4th line. If Wolski doesn't come out with fire in his belly he can be easily replaced by Dubinsky again..

Boyle is not producing this year because his offensive zone start percentage is the lowest on the team by a good amount and 9th lowest in the LEAGUE. He is used as a shutdown guy and he is doing a good job..

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

As good as he's been for us, I'd sit Mitchell down. Only because I can't see Torts sitting Boyle who really deserves to sit for a game or two.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:37 PM
McMonster

can we just trade this guy for whatever we can get?... Even if it's just a pick or something I would be fine with it.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:40 PM
UlfNilsson

Torts isn't going to scratch Feds.

UlfNilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppp View Post
can we just trade this guy for whatever we can get?... Even if it's just a pick or something I would be fine with it.
For whatever we can get? Why? His contract is up after this season and we could certainly use a few more goals. Let's see what he can produce before we trade him for a 5th round pick. If he sucks he can ride the pine or hang out with Redden.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:58 PM
UlfNilsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
For whatever we can get? Why? His contract is up after this season and we could certainly use a few more goals. Let's see what he can produce before we trade him for a 5th round pick. If he sucks he can ride the pine or hang out with Redden.
Or be moved for more than a later round pick somewhere around the deadline when his value will be higher.

UlfNilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:36 PM
BleedinBLUEsince92

Everyone needs to relax and at least give him a chance. If he sucks then bye bye at the end of the year. But it's foolish to not even give a chance to somebody who has put up 65 points in this league before.. or maybe he flat out sucks. We shall find out but give the damn kid a chance

BleedinBLUEsince92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Really don't want to change anything until we lose a few. Everyone has been playing great, minus Boyle, who unfortunately won't be the odd man out.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBLUEsince92 View Post
Everyone needs to relax and at least give him a chance. If he sucks then bye bye at the end of the year. But it's foolish to not even give a chance to somebody who has put up 65 points in this league before.. or maybe he flat out sucks. We shall find out but give the damn kid a chance
Agreed.

I'm NOT a fan, but I'll be interested to see what (if anything) he brings when healthy... assuming the reports that he never was healthy this season were true... and it wasn't just him enjoying the tub

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Wojtek Wolski out with sports hernia (12/26: May return this week)
Wolski back ??? YESSS!!!!!!!!! That means NYR can waive him,trade him,buy him out,make him a healthy scratch..cause the guy ****ing sucks!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 03:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayhat View Post
I think first one out is Feds. Mitchell, Hagelin and Boyle have been playing very good possession wise and I don't think we should tamper with that..

Rupp and Prust are good guys to have on 4th line.

Can Dubinsky play on the right wing btw?

If he can I'd use

AA-Stepan-Gaborik
Woolski-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Dubinsky
Rest of the bozos

If Dubs can't play RW he probably will need to be put to the 4th line again.. We can't afford not to play Boyle as the 3rd wing centre or use Hagelin only on the 4th line. If Wolski doesn't come out with fire in his belly he can be easily replaced by Dubinsky again..

Boyle is not producing this year because his offensive zone start percentage is the lowest on the team by a good amount and 9th lowest in the LEAGUE. He is used as a shutdown guy and he is doing a good job..
We absolutely can, and he probably should be on the 4th line.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 03:25 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Forward Wojtek Wolski, sidelined since Oct. 27 with a sports hernia for which underwent surgery on Nov. 7, skated hard with Staal and healthy scratches Sean Avery, Erik Christensen and Jeff Woywitka following the formal portion of the workout and could be ready to come off injured reserve by the end of the week.

Ill know tomorrow [by how it feels], said Wolski, limited to three games after being bothered by the issue since the second week of camp. I feel like Ive been through three training camps already this year, so I dont want to get too excited.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...#ixzz1hg7vNRhw

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:14 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
Wolski back ??? YESSS!!!!!!!!! That means NYR can waive him,trade him,buy him out,make him a healthy scratch..cause the guy ****ing sucks!
Wow... great post... Wolski has shown he can score in this league. Sorry that the 8 games you've ever watched him play in weren't that good. The Rangers have played very well this year but could use more offense. W2 is a better scorer in this league than Mitchell, Boyle, Prust, Feds, Rupp, Hagelin, all of our defense, Dubinsky based on his production this year and probably most of the CT Whale..... I'll take my chances with Wolski on this team than not.

Although, I guess I shouldn't expect much from someone who thinks that Hugh Jessiman is a better player than Eric Christensen....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Wow... great post... Wolski has shown he can score in this league. Sorry that the 8 games you've ever watched him play in weren't that good. The Rangers have played very well this year but could use more offense. W2 is a better scorer in this league than Mitchell, Boyle, Prust, Feds, Rupp, Hagelin, all of our defense, Dubinsky based on his production this year and probably most of the CT Whale..... I'll take my chances with Wolski on this team than not.

Although, I guess I shouldn't expect much from someone who thinks that Hugh Jessiman is a better player than Eric Christensen....
Spot on. Ive been watching Wolski since his rookie year in Colorado and I know what the guy has to offer. Granted he may be inconsistent but it given his contract circumstances i.e. him being in a contract year and the fact that so far this season the Rangers have shown to be reasonable cup contenders, Wolski has a lot to play for. If a Payday and a Cup can't motivate a hockey player then nothing will and he can easily be replaced IF and only if that is the case.

12-27-2011, 09:02 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I fail to see who's spot he takes in the lineup.

12-27-2011, 09:02 AM
MSG the place to be*

People think Boyle is more in jeopardy than Mitchell? Boyle takes faceoffs and PKs, amongst the many other things that Torts trusts him with. What exactly does Mitchell do that would make him so indispensable in Torts' eyes?

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:21 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I doubt Torts would make any major changes if the team keeps winning. Maybe swap him in for Rupp against teams without a heavyweight?

It will only start to be an issue when we inevitably hit a slump.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Mitchell? I fail to see how that was not blatantly obvious.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote