HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Part XX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-25-2011, 08:55 AM
  #76
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
I'd love for the Sens to be able to snag Josh Gorges as a FA this summer. Perfect guy to have on your second pair and he's still pretty young (26?).
28 this summer but he would not be bad for one of the two UFA additions I think this team could use.

EK and Cowen 1-2
Lee bottom pair
Trade for a young under used defenseman (Someone like Ellerby)

Then buy two UFA around Gorges age
I'd probably be willing to give him six years around 3.5-4.0 per season

The Fuhr is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 09:05 AM
  #77
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,503
vCash: 500
Say Butler + Gryba could get Ellerby
Sign George six years at 4.0

EK - Cowen
George - ??
Ellerby - Lee

?? = Gonchar or Phillips for now

But then they would eventually get transitioned into a young mid 20's defenseman.

I think a D looking like that is very exciting and has a lot of potential moving forward as they mature.

The Fuhr is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 09:09 AM
  #78
PKC*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
28 this summer but he would not be bad for one of the two UFA additions I think this team could use.

EK and Cowen 1-2
Lee bottom pair
Trade for a young under used defenseman (Someone like Ellerby)

Then buy two UFA around Gorges age
I'd probably be willing to give him six years around 3.5-4.0 per season
I think that's a good deal for him. You could probably even have him on the low side of 3-3.5 if you're giving him that term. Guy would be really solid here. He can really eat up the minutes on the PK and 5 on 5.

PKC* is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 09:13 AM
  #79
PKC*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Say Butler + Gryba could get Ellerby
Sign George six years at 4.0

EK - Cowen
George - ??
Ellerby - Lee

?? = Gonchar or Phillips for now

But then they would eventually get transitioned into a young mid 20's defenseman.

I think a D looking like that is very exciting and has a lot of potential moving forward as they mature.
I wonder if a guy like Johnny Boychuk would also be on their radar?

PKC* is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:05 AM
  #80
Canuckman44
Registered User
 
Canuckman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gatineau/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Say Butler + Gryba could get Ellerby
Sign George six years at 4.0

EK - Cowen
George - ??
Ellerby - Lee

?? = Gonchar or Phillips for now

But then they would eventually get transitioned into a young mid 20's defenseman.

I think a D looking like that is very exciting and has a lot of potential moving forward as they mature.
Way Too much for Ellerby although getting traded would be good for Gryba and Butler.

Canuckman44 is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:09 AM
  #81
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
Ellerby is not that great and i dont see why fla would have trouble signing him

HSF is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 03:36 PM
  #82
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,503
vCash: 500
Can be any guy like Ellerby... Names not important ... Lots of guys out there

The Fuhr is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM
  #83
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Can be any guy like Ellerby... Names not important ... Lots of guys out there
ye like Borowieski/Weirchioch who ottawa will obviously give a chance before dealing assets to get a same type of player

HSF is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 04:48 PM
  #84
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,503
vCash: 500
I'm not sold on either as more then a bottom pair guy... That's just me tho

The Fuhr is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 04:51 PM
  #85
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
Say Butler + Gryba could get Ellerby
Sign George six years at 4.0

EK - Cowen
George - ??
Ellerby - Lee

?? = Gonchar or Phillips for now

But then they would eventually get transitioned into a young mid 20's defenseman.

I think a D looking like that is very exciting and has a lot of potential moving forward as they mature.
Butler plus Gryba for Ellerby? IMO not. I doubt that Florida would agree with it. Butler isnt Tallon type of player.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 06:30 PM
  #86
Canuckman44
Registered User
 
Canuckman44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gatineau/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=mt-svk;41463191]Butler plus Gryba for Ellerby?
I think dealing guys who may not be around or resigned is a good idea.

Canuckman44 is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 09:21 PM
  #87
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
I think dealing guys who may not be around or resigned is a good idea.
Sure. Great. But why trade players who won't be re-signed for more players who won't be re-signed? Seems counter productive to me. Trade em for whatever picks you can get.

Keep Butler though. Plenty of upside in that guy. No reason to give up after one season. His game is starting to round out IMO after playing all those games on the 4th line.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 09:32 PM
  #88
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.
 
Uncle Eugene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Barbados
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Sure. Great. But why trade players who won't be re-signed for more players who won't be re-signed? Seems counter productive to me. Trade em for whatever picks you can get.

Keep Butler though. Plenty of upside in that guy. No reason to give up after one season. His game is starting to round out IMO after playing all those games on the 4th line.
And he is starting to click with Turris.

Foligno-Turris-Butler on the 2nd line lets us roll out the big three when 9MM comes back.

Couple that with Anderson rounding into his crazy good midseason form and we have all the makings of a push for the playoffs.

Buckle up.

Uncle Eugene is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 10:12 PM
  #89
Dionysus
Registered User
 
Dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Around the bend
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 50
When Gonchar and Kuba are gone, I think the sens are going to need more puck movement from the backend. Karlsson and Cowen can obviously break it out, but another threat would be great. A Francois Bouchemin for the sens own little Neidermayer-Pronger, or Brian Cambell to Seabrook-Keith.

Dionysus is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 10:18 PM
  #90
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
When Gonchar and Kuba are gone, I think the sens are going to need more puck movement from the backend. Karlsson and Cowen can obviously break it out, but another threat would be great. A Francois Bouchemin for the sens own little Neidermayer-Pronger, or Brian Cambell to Seabrook-Keith.
Beauchmin is too old and isnt a puck mover

HSF is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 10:28 PM
  #91
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,830
vCash: 500
Cowen-Karlsson
Gorges/Boychuk-Gonchar
Phillips-Lee
Boro/UFA

Would look good to me.

Gil Gunderson is online now  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:30 PM
  #92
playasRus
Registered User
 
playasRus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,951
vCash: 500
If we got Gorges, I'd feel bad for stealing what little the Habs have left

playasRus is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 08:28 AM
  #93
SensSharksGirl*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
I'll try this again:

To Ducks:
Filip Kuba and Sergei Gonchar

To Sens:
George Parros and a 2nd round draft pick for 2012 NHL Draft

SensSharksGirl* is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 08:31 AM
  #94
Sens Mile
Registered User
 
Sens Mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensSharksGirl View Post
I'll try this again:

To Ducks:
Filip Kuba and Sergei Gonchar

To Sens:
George Parros and a 2nd round draft pick for 2012 NHL Draft
Not when we are in playoff position

Sens Mile is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 08:43 AM
  #95
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Not when we are in playoff position
Not ever.

We don't need Parros at all. Not only is he injury prone, his career high for points is 10. (which he hasn't hit 3 years)

Additionally, we have Konopka and Neil who are both better than Parros, AND Georgie is a UFA at the end of this season.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:14 AM
  #96
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 500
What I would like to see this year, is Ottawa selling off as many pieces as possible at the deadline, unless we're 6th or higher in the conference (even then I don't want BM to make any major moves).

Package Neil with something to obtain a first (Neil is worth more than a 2nd Round pick but not quite a 1st IMO). Trade Kuba and Gonchar for whatever you can. (if we take some salary back, we could probably fetch a 1st for Gonchar).

As for next year, if I'm BM, I throw some cash at the following players (I'm aiming for realistic, who wouldn't want to sign both Parise and Suter):

1- Tuomo Ruutu (family ties)
2- Dustin Penner (buy low)
3- Daniel Carcillo (to replace Neil)
4- Greg Zanon (to replace Kuba)
5- Johnny Boychuck

Depending on development and retirement, we line up like so:

Penner-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Ruutu
Silfverberg-Zibanejad-Alfredsson
Daugavins-Smith-Condra

Greening/Carcillo (draw into the line-up if either Mika or Jakob need time in the AHL, and/or if Alfie retires.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:20 AM
  #97
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,427
vCash: 500
At the beginning of the season I'd have said we'd be big sellers at the deadline, but with the way we're playing now, I just don't see it. As long as BM keeps the 1st, I don't really care what position he takes at the deadline.

Iamok is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:23 AM
  #98
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
At the beginning of the season I'd have said we'd be big sellers at the deadline, but with the way we're playing now, I just don't see it. As long as BM keeps the 1st, I don't really care what position he takes at the deadline.
Agreed, although unless they plan to resign Kuba they should trade for whatever if they can.

BK201 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:13 AM
  #99
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,260
vCash: 50
Tuumo Ruutu is the exact type of playoff winger we need to help the forward group, which is not particularly tough in the top 6 at all, not at least the way the Ruutu's play. And he's a guy that's been rumoured to be coming to Ottawa for some time.

De Costa is expendable now we have 4 legit young top 4 NHL Center's. Good building block as well for Carolina

Ott: T. Ruutu
Car: De Costa

Tuna99 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:34 AM
  #100
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!
 
The Waffler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grenville
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Tuumo Ruutu is the exact type of playoff winger we need to help the forward group, which is not particularly tough in the top 6 at all, not at least the way the Ruutu's play. And he's a guy that's been rumoured to be coming to Ottawa for some time.

De Costa is expendable now we have 4 legit young top 4 NHL Center's. Good building block as well for Carolina

Ott: T. Ruutu
Car: Da Costa
Like...Straight up?

The Waffler is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.