HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL)

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
U18 NT looses to the swiss 4:6, now this is outright pathetic, it was supposed to be the best age ever in modern Russian hisotry....Parfenov needs to go.
No Slepyshev, no Kamaev and Grigorenko from QMJHL, Zharkov OHL a lot of guys were travelling with MHL Junior Stars to Denmark, the likes of Remov, Buchnevich, Krutikov.... Yeah, many say Red Stars Junior had leftovers from U18 but I disagree, certainly as regards few guys like the ones I mentioned

After all, as I said a lot of good U18 players went with MHL Junior stars to their tournament and others were missing + Switzerland also has a very good U18 team this year, so I wouldn't worry much.

Old
12-18-2011, 11:03 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
some of them were in preliminary roster, especially Amur guys. Who knows why they stayed at home. Amur Tigers played 2 games this week. Rasskazov is 92 guy - not too young? You know Red Stars plays against NCAA. I dont want to advocate this RS roster.. I just ask
no, not too young North Dakota team is very young 19-22, and the NAHL teams are juniors as well.

Old
12-18-2011, 11:07 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
MHL is certainly not corrupt. The reason they started the Red Stars Juniors is to showcase some of the talents to get rid of corruption in the U18.

The senior Red stars simply don't have anyone else to choose from. The U18 NT and Red stars took their players- All the WJC rejects did not join this trip. The roster makes sense, but it's still weak. MHL depth is not there yet to compete with NCAA teams, unfortunately.
how certain are you? I read an interview a while back fro an undisclosed MHL coach, that the day the training camp started he got a paper wth 14 names who must be left on the team. I am not saying necessarily that there are "blatnye" on this team, what I am sayin gis - the roster is kinda weak. I can partially accept your reason for lack of depth, but I am not buying it - since I have just listed a tone of names that would have made this team stronger without even getting on the MHL site to browse through the rosters.

Old
12-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
how certain are you? I read an interview a while back fro an undisclosed MHL coach, that the day the training camp started he got a paper wth 14 names who must be left on the team. I am not saying necessarily that there are "blatnye" on this team, what I am sayin gis - the roster is kinda weak. I can partially accept your reason for lack of depth, but I am not buying it - since I have just listed a tone of names that would have made this team stronger without even getting on the MHL site to browse through the rosters.
As Vorky said, it would be absolutely illogical to send a corrupt team. Last year proved that. I am very certain, the process works like so:

The league provides a recommendation list to the coach of RS. The list of players who were recommended by their club coaches to the league (perhaps this is the corrupt step?) Since the RS coach is not a scout himself, he doesn't really know the league well enough to for the "best" team. Not to mention the coach is picked with little notice before the "selection".

I agree, there could've been better players selected, but unless they hire their own scout and handpick players it wouldn't be perfect. Things get especially complicated when it comes to making Visas as the admnistration has to be certain that the players can go. Therefore they don't really bother with potential WCJ players.

Regardless, the website lists why these players have joined the team, such as Captain, or top 10 scorer. The reasoning seems legit.

Let's wait and see how these guys do for the rest of the tournament before jumping to some pretty extreme conclusions. If they do poorly, perhaps they will look into changing the selection process (such as having some tryouts..)

This team could also be explained by the fact that a lot of 20 year olds have moved on to VHL and some to KHL. Something that I don't think was as popular last year.

Last edited by Fulcrum: 12-19-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old
12-19-2011, 01:50 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

There is a list of guys who were is preliminary roster of Red Stars but did not make it.
G Roman Smirjagin (´90, Almaz)
D Sergej Tereščenko (´91, Oceľové Líšky)
D Sergej Kuznetsov (´91, Mamuty Jugry)
F Pavel Zdunov (´91, Oceľové Líšky)
F Kirill Lebedev (´91, Oceľové Líšky)
F Vjačeslav Litovčenko (´90, Amurské Tigre)
F Pavel Dedunov (´90, Amurské Tigre)

on the other hand, D Ildar Valeev (´91, MHK Chimik) and F Ansel Galimov (´91, Reaktor) were added

According to stats, Ansel Galimov deserves to be there. I follow MHL very seriously, so I noticed he had many pts.

Old
12-19-2011, 08:00 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
There is a list of guys who were is preliminary roster of Red Stars but did not make it.
G Roman Smirjagin (´90, Almaz)
D Sergej Tereščenko (´91, Oceľové Líšky)
D Sergej Kuznetsov (´91, Mamuty Jugry)
F Pavel Zdunov (´91, Oceľové Líšky)
F Kirill Lebedev (´91, Oceľové Líšky)
F Vjačeslav Litovčenko (´90, Amurské Tigre)
F Pavel Dedunov (´90, Amurské Tigre)

on the other hand, D Ildar Valeev (´91, MHK Chimik) and F Ansel Galimov (´91, Reaktor) were added

According to stats, Ansel Galimov deserves to be there. I follow MHL very seriously, so I noticed he had many pts.
well the players you have listed are all better than the players who went, except for S. Kuznetsov - don't know who he is, and Amur didn't let Dedunov go (read in his interview) i assume ditto for Litovchenko.

Old
12-19-2011, 08:03 AM
cska78

Quote:
As Vorky said, it would be absolutely illogical to send a corrupt team. Last year proved that. I am very certain, the process works like so:

The league provides a recommendation list to the coach of RS. The list of players who were recommended by their club coaches to the league (perhaps this is the corrupt step?) Since the RS coach is not a scout himself, he doesn't really know the league well enough to for the "best" team. Not to mention the coach is picked with little notice before the "selection".

I agree, there could've been better players selected, but unless they hire their own scout and handpick players it wouldn't be perfect. Things get especially complicated when it comes to making Visas as the admnistration has to be certain that the players can go. Therefore they don't really bother with potential WCJ players.

Regardless, the website lists why these players have joined the team, such as Captain, or top 10 scorer. The reasoning seems legit.

Let's wait and see how these guys do for the rest of the tournament before jumping to some pretty extreme conclusions. If they do poorly, perhaps they will look into changing the selection process (such as having some tryouts..)

This team could also be explained by the fact that a lot of 20 year olds have moved on to VHL and some to KHL. Something that I don't think was as popular last year.
what was the reason for a tone of blatnie on the SSS teams for years? How's that different from the MHL team? just saying..

Old
12-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
what was the reason for a tone of blatnie on the SSS teams for years? How's that different from the MHL team? just saying..
MHL is a business. FHR is government run, where favors and status can be easily exchanged for money. MHL has all the interest in the world, and all of their initiatives point to their interest to be successful.

Cska, I think you're looked too hard for something that's probably not there.

Old
12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
cska78

Quote:
MHL is a business. FHR is government run, where favors and status can be easily exchanged for money. MHL has all the interest in the world, and all of their initiatives point to their interest to be successful.

a business? LOL

I am not saying that this team has blatnie, just listing the reasons why there could be. Also if you look at the top-10 forwards in the mhl and sub the WJC candidates there are bunch of name I have listed earlier and they are not on this team.

Old
12-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Yeah, I too think that they are more likely to be incompetent than corrupt... Like, there's this one HK Riga defenseman on the team, I don't know why... Even if I'm a Latvian, surely they could've find someone better in the whole league but many in Latvia think he got a place only so that the team would look more ''international''...

I think the main reasons why these MHL teams will probably never be really good o generate interest is:

1) bunch of players thrown together for some games without any higher purpose and motivation than to go on holidays in North America (most are overagers for draft anyway, so no possible NHL career)
2) many cases of ''political correctness'', not really corruption but, say, inclusion of at least of 1 player from each team so that this would really look like league All-Stars and every team's fans could cher for their player (as in case of our HK Riga defenseman), not Red Army or whatever other top team's roster..
3) They go on tour duing WJC. During WJC NOBODY IN NORTH AMERICA CARES about 2nd rate Russians playing NCAA teams.... and the best MHL players are with the U20 team or have been cut but didn't want to go on tour with the MHL

Why to play these teams?? We already have Subway Series (in which pretty much an MHL team aleady played this year). Why not to call the team that goes to Subway Series "MHL Stars" and play CHL leagues, maybe include some Latvian or Belorussian in a team if they are good, give this team to Russia U20 coach so that he could evaluate Russian players (and second team, Russia U20 could play Sweden, Finland like this year) and players would have a goal, motivation, would generate interest and MHL would gain more recognition.

But I guess FHR and MHL would need to work together for this to happen... But at the moment MHL and FHR do not seem to work together (which is ridiculous, as the majority of U20 and U18 play in MHL) and you have a U18 team playing Switzerland on the same days when MHL U18 plays their games in Denmark...

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 12-19-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old
12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
MHL is a business.
Quote:
a business? LOL
nowadays it is not bussiness but MHL want to be it - far future goal. When you read Efimov views you have to see it. I dont know if it is possible to achieve this goal, but I can see "steps"

Quote:
Latgale_fan
I dont think the main goal of Red Stars trip is to get media attention, but to develop relationship with NCAA clubs/league. It is not bad, every international game is good for guys.

Quote:
During WJC NOBODY IN NORTH AMERICA CARES
yes, you are right. But Q is another - when can MHL organise this trip? which month? I can see only IIHF break during Xmas

Quote:
Subway Series "MHL Stars" and play CHL leagues
does CHL want it? I dont think so..

Old
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
cska78

I don't mind the MHL tour, I love it, moreover, I just want them to bring a decent team, not to assemble it in style - "каждой твари по паре". As far as non-russians go - it is "political" to include Porejs. Kvitchenko (ukr) is a decent player though, so is Feoktistov (don't know how much he has played this year though, they say he played in the NAHL but stats? and why hasn't he played vs. North Dakota?)

Old
12-19-2011, 09:25 PM
cska78

winning 4:0 after two periods, obviously NAHL is not nearly the same level as NCAA

Old
12-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Fulcrum

Watching the Red Stars vs Bobcats on Fasthockey. Had to pay though..

2-0 after 2 periods.

Red Stars are certainly more skilled and technical, but have completely failed to translate it into a cohesive game on the small rink. Their attempt to over handle the puck and make a pretty play is certainly hurting them at this point.

Also trying to begin a WIDE set play from behind the net is really hurting them as they are easily cutoff by ANY forechecking. Just a very different style of hockey on the small ice.

Last edited by Fulcrum: 12-21-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old
12-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Watching the Red Stars vs Bobcats on Fasthockey. Had to pay though..

2-0 after 2 periods.

Red Stars are certainly more skilled and technical, but have completely failed to translate it into a cohesive game on the small rink. Their attempt to over handle the puck and make a pretty play is certainly hurting them at this point.

Also trying to begin a WIDE set play from behind the net is really hurting them as they are easily cutoff by ANY fore checking. Just a very different style of hockey on the small ice.

Red Stars completely dominated in the 3rd. Refereeing was questionable for both sides. Refs missing bucket full of tripping penalties and then sending off a Red Star player and a double minor. With less than a minute to go, the ref calls off a clear goal by Red Stars for no reason what so ever, without even reviewing it. The light went off and everything. I re watched it 4 times.

But the reason they lost is because they played very poorly for 2 periods, and if you allow for opportunities for anyone else to step into the game (refs) chances are you'll loose.

Old
12-22-2011, 06:27 AM
cska78

I was gonna pay and watch, but then decided not to and went to bed early, lol

Old
12-22-2011, 07:13 AM
observerspb*

cska78
http://www.kxnet.com/story/16218847/...cember-21-2011
I tried to look at. U.S. only?

Old
12-22-2011, 08:41 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by observerspb View Post
cska78
http://www.kxnet.com/story/16218847/...cember-21-2011
I tried to look at. U.S. only?
this is last night's game, it was broadccasted on local tv in N. Dakota and on FastHockey for 7.99

Old
12-22-2011, 10:01 AM
observerspb*

Quote:
this is last night's game,
Yes, I know.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
I was gonna pay and watch, but then decided not to and went to bed early, lol
It was a very good game. Watching KHL this morning, I can't help but think how exciting and pure junior hockey is. The level was pretty interesting too, Kvitchenko has some elite speed and dangles. My jaw dropped when I saw some of the stuff he did. I want to see more of him.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:52 AM
cska78

Quote:
It was a very good game. Watching KHL this morning, I can't help but think how exciting and pure junior hockey is. The level was pretty interesting too, Kvitchenko has some elite speed and dangles. My jaw dropped when I saw some of the stuff he did. I want to see more of him.
yeah I luv junior hockey, will be going to Lowell for the Umass Lowell - Red Stars game, I wasn't feeling good and didn't feel like I can finish the game or even enjoy watching it.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
yeah I luv junior hockey, will be going to Lowell for the Umass Lowell - Red Stars game, I wasn't feeling good and didn't feel like I can finish the game or even enjoy watching it.
sweet, have fun. I wish they came to Canada, but that's not happening

Old
12-25-2011, 04:10 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Alexei Antonov, director of MHL, has his own twitter http://twitter.com/AAntonov_MHL

Old
12-26-2011, 09:39 AM
observerspb*

http://www.nsnsports.net/uvm
Again only for U.S.?

text
http://www.sidearmstats.com/uvmsid/mhockey/index.htm

start 27.12.2011 04:00 АМ (Moscow)

Old
12-26-2011, 10:02 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by observerspb View Post
http://www.nsnsports.net/uvm
Again only for U.S.?

text
http://www.sidearmstats.com/uvmsid/mhockey/index.htm

start 27.12.2011 04:00 АМ (Moscow)
so, is it this night? from monday to tuesday CET (moscow +3 hours)?

Closed Thread