HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shakeup of roster looms as Rangers get healthier

Old
12-26-2011, 11:03 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post

Anyone who says Rupp is garbage should ask Dave Maloney that question.
Yeah let me go ask a guy who works for the Rangers organization. We all know how critical they are of every player who wears a Rangers sweater.

Rupp is garbage. I like the guy, he seems like a good teammate and I root for him like I do every player on this roster, but he's not very good. I'm aware he's a large man (for all the people who will feel the need to point that out at some point as if it matters), but he doesn't contribute much of anything.

Oh wait, you like Colton Orr so staged fights against other players who are useless matters somehow. I get it now.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:10 AM
EpicDing
The Fellowship

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolundasweden View Post
Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik
Wolski - Brad - Cally
Hagelin - Dubi - Fed
Prust - Boyle - Rupp
I like this. I hope Torts gives WW a shot on that second line. He was starting to play OK when he got injured, so maybe he can return to his ~20 goal/50 point pace from previous seasons. That's almost exactly what we need.

EpicDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Wolski is soft, lazy and not mentally strong enough to play Tort's brand of hockey.

He is a skilled guy but doesn't mean ****....I am sure Sather is working the phones.

If we could get a 5th rounder for him it would be wise to move him.

Anyone who says Rupp is garbage should ask Dave Maloney that question.
I agree 100%

To me, WW is as consistent as EC. He definitely has the talent, but he is a lazy, lazy player.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:17 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Only problem with some of these lineups is that we have players playing out of their best positions. How about:

AA-Stepan-Gabby
Wolski-Richards-Cally
Dubi-Boyle-Feds
Hagelin-Mitchell-Prust
Rupp

Honestly, I'd like to have Rupp playing for his physicality, but Mitchell makes a much better center - and Dubi, Rupp and even arguably Boyle make better LWs than centers. Perhaps you go with this group 2/3 of the time and then play Rupp 1/3 against the more physical teams.

Honestly, Brooks is kind of right - they could really use a roster change (not a shakeup) on the fringes to get a more rational roster composition.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:47 AM
eco's bones

If the team continues to win it gets to the point where it's just nitpicking on who's playing on the bottom two lines. Having an Avery, Christensen or a Mitchell sitting in the stands is a good reason for Wolski to play with more fire--because a lacklustre effort might mean he's sitting in the stands instead of one of the others. It's up to WW to show what he can bring. Dubinsky might not be have a great season but he plays with grit, cycles the puck, takes hits--holds on to the pucks, back checks, body checks, kills penalties--Wolski could learn a thing or two from him. Boyle's a lesser version of that.

Personally if Wolski plays soft--I'd have no problem inserting Avery or Mitchell back into the lineup. More or less I see EC as the oddest man out.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Esa 10

Wolski has to play ASAP. You can't have a 4 mill. cap hit in the press-box or eating away cap space on IR when you're maxed out. He has to contribute in a meaningful top 9 role at ES and on the PP or be traded or waived. Of course you can't trade him or make a decision on his value to the team for the rest of the year until he gets some games.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:58 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Only problem with some of these lineups is that we have players playing out of their best positions. How about:

AA-Stepan-Gabby
Wolski-Richards-Cally
Dubi-Boyle-Feds
Hagelin-Mitchell-Prust
Rupp

Honestly, I'd like to have Rupp playing for his physicality, but Mitchell makes a much better center - and Dubi, Rupp and even arguably Boyle make better LWs than centers. Perhaps you go with this group 2/3 of the time and then play Rupp 1/3 against the more physical teams.

Honestly, Brooks is kind of right - they could really use a roster change (not a shakeup) on the fringes to get a more rational roster composition.
Hagelin on the 4th line is a waste.

He should be playing with Richards and Cally.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:59 AM
mcsauer2738

It might just be me but I see Mitchell be traded for a late round pick JMO

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I'd leave the current four lines the way they are now. Don't care about Wolski. What's he gonna give us? We're getting wins.

Staal and Sauer, of course, knock Stralman and Woywitka and/or Eminger out of the way. That's needed.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

I don't see how anyone here can claim to know anything at all about Wolski's game, since we've yet to see him playing with anything resembling confidence. I'll hold off my judgment on him until we see what he does this year. We didn't get to see anything at all of the effects of his offseason work because he was hurt so early. We just don't know yet.

As far as I'm concerned, Mitchell is the odd man out amongst the forwards, Erixon amongst the defense.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Right now, regardless of when Wolski comes back, I do not think he makes it into the lineup until we have a glaring need for him or there is an injury.

Simply put, there is no one logical to scratch.

Hagelin doesn't go down the way he's playing, his speed is a rare commodity, especially on the penalty kill.

Dubi's starting to play better, no way he gets scratched.

Boyle and Prust are too valuable to the team where they are.

Torts loves Rupp and Mitchell. Rupp has talent, he's gritty, he's a great veteran presence, and he's an enforcer if need be. Mitchell is calm with the puck, doesn't make many mistakes, and is great off of the puck as well. The line with him, Dubi, and Boyle has conceivably been our best line the last 2 games, in terms of pinning the other team down in their own zone and checking.

Fedetenko is a veteran who is familiar with Torts. He's constantly playing his hardest. He doesn't get scratched unless he's hurt.

There are no available openings right now for Wojtek. I'm sure we love the scoring potential he brings but lets be real, he hasn't really produced for us, besides in shoot out situations. He was constantly a scratch last year as well. I don't think he gets inserted into the lineup.

As for Staal, it would mean Erixon gets sent back down (if Woywitka isn't back yet), and if Woywitka is back then that means Woywitka gets scratched or cut. If and when Sauer comes back that would be Bickel being sent down.

By the time Eminger is healthy I don't think there is a roster spot available to him either, similar to Wolski's situation right now. Stralman and Del Zotto seem to mesh well. Offensively, they are also our best puck moving defensemen. With time and experience, Stralman is gaining confidence, and his play is only improving, defensively and offensively.

I think at the end of the season (barring injuries, and set backs) our defense looks like this:

Staal-Girardi
Mcdonough-Sauer
Del Zotto-Stralman

That being said, I wouldn't count out the possibility that someone like Sauer (if he's healthy) gets traded for an offensive piece, such as a Bobby Ryan, because that is a piece we are sorely lacking (2nd line sniper).

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Vitto79

I think we can all agree wolski,Ec, Avery are not on next yrs team

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Pretty much.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 12:52 PM
UlfNilsson

Quote:
Hagelin doesn't go down the way he's playing, his speed is a rare commodity, especially on the penalty kill.
Torts pretty much confirmed this on the last Behind the Bench. He's staying up with the team, which is the right decision.

If anything - find a sucker to take Dubinsky off our hands.

UlfNilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
Yeah let me go ask a guy who works for the Rangers organization. We all know how critical they are of every player who wears a Rangers sweater.

Rupp is garbage. I like the guy, he seems like a good teammate and I root for him like I do every player on this roster, but he's not very good. I'm aware he's a large man (for all the people who will feel the need to point that out at some point as if it matters), but he doesn't contribute much of anything.

Oh wait, you like Colton Orr so staged fights against other players who are useless matters somehow. I get it now.
I guess you don't watch or listen to games...because Maloney calls it like he see's it and there is that one other thing about him...he has played the game.

You can pretend that Rupp presences is not needed but to a man I think the Rangers all feel a little better about themselves with him around.

Did you watch the Devils game...where Janssen was running his mouth and how Boulton was looking to get Prust to go and suckers Cally into taking a 10 minute penalty.

Just think what happens when the Bruins roll into town and you have Rupp on the bench because you think EC or WW are bettor suited to play.

What does an Ex-NHL'er know though, he is just a homer! We should listen to you.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfNilsson View Post
Torts pretty much confirmed this on the last Behind the Bench. He's staying up with the team, which is the right decision.

If anything - find a sucker to take Dubinsky off our hands.
i hope this doesnt means you rather keep Wolski over Dubinsky

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Disagree on Woywitka. I can count (2) 'rookie' mistakes all season. Serviceable 3rd pairing guy who's done well with his 10 minutes. The roles that you're looking for he and Erixon to fill are not interchangeable.

As for Wolski, if you WANT to put him in the lineup without an injury, Hagelin could be the odd man out as the only waiver exempt forward. Not advocating it, just saying.
Ugh, it would be so foolish of management to send Hagelin down. He may not be first line material even though he is playing on the first line, but his speed creates so many problems for the opposing team and has played so well and has made so few mistakes...

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Dorado*

Dubi play has been 100% better last 4 games , even though not on the scoresheet as we hope once we have a lead in the 3rd his line of Boyle and Mitchell have been monsters on the wall in both zones and eaten up a ton of time on the forecheck . Mitchell is quick , hard on the puck , rarely takes a minor and good away from the puck . Logical sit would be RUPP or Feds ( the latter rotating to keep them fresh) who are important but could use nights off from time to time to keep them fresh .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:38 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Avery>>> EC and John Michell

and

Anyone >>>EC
Purrinton>>>EC
Daniel Goneau>>EC
Jessiman>>>EC

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:40 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Wolski-Richards-Cally
Hagelin-Mitchell-Prust
Rupp.
Really..Really & Really ??????

Wolski has shown absolutly nada and you want him on the second line and Hagelin to the 4th???????
have you been watching NYR games this year?have you not noticed Hagelin??? Havent you not seen how useless Wolski just about is and what a waste of cap space he is??

Rupp sitting & Mitchell in?????????????

I Thank GOD you arent a head coach of the Rangers

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:45 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
who goes out the lineup for wolski?

Aves/Christ are barely worth a 7th rounder. waive them and i bet nobody picks them up.

Woy in for Erixon I'm ok with. the kid needs AHL time
lol ya your bang lol. Wolski is much better than Avery lol. Lets make room for a guy who has done nothing to earn a spot and has been traded from 2 teams because they loved him so much.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
EC40, Wolski, Avery and Mitchell for 1 spot.

Trade is surely coming.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:47 PM
satrabyk

Quote:

AA-Stepan-Gabby
Wolski-Richards-Cally
Dubi-Boyle-Feds
Hagelin-Mitchell-Prust
Rupp

lmfao. Wolski is nowhere near Hagelin in terms of what he offers. WW is 1 or 2 games from getting benched and all you bunch of fan clubs can cry that princess Wolski isnt in the lineup.

Old
12-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Only because Torts hates Avery.

Khelvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:50 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
i hope this doesnt means you rather keep Wolski over Dubinsky
Ya Wolski has skill lol wow some people are clueless, i mean if Millbury could be a GM why not these guys who think Dubi is useless and WW deserves playing time over both him and Hagelin.