HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things Jerseys - Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2011, 01:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
All Things Jerseys - Part VII

Other thread was over 1,000. Continue.

Part 1 - http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=398957
Part 2 - http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=554575
Part 3 - http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=675130
Part 4 - http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-792573.html
Part 5 - http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=34772903
Part 6 - http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=961595

Last edited by NYRFAN218: 12-26-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Old
12-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Not a jersey, but I have a question about car decals. I know they make car magnets, but I can only find one and it's REALLY big.

Is a decal basically like a sticker? Does it rip if you try to take it off or anything along those lines, or is it easy to take on. Only reason I ask is because I'll be driving a demo for a while and the car is going to need to be given back to the dealership to be sold. Will the decal come off of the car when I have to give the car back or will it leave a mark or rip at all? Thanks.

Old
12-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

If you put the sticker on the glass, you could just use a window scraper to take it off and it won't leave anything behind. Squirt it with a hose or pour some water on it, then get at it with the scraper and everything should come off.

Putting a sticker on the paint of a car isn't a very good idea.

Old
12-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
If you put the sticker on the glass, you could just use a window scraper to take it off and it won't leave anything behind. Squirt it with a hose or pour some water on it, then get at it with the scraper and everything should come off.

Putting a sticker on the paint of a car isn't a very good idea.
That's why I was wondering if a decal is the same thing as a sticker. Is there a difference?

Old
12-26-2011, 02:39 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
That's why I was wondering if a decal is the same thing as a sticker. Is there a difference?
Jesus man,are you serious...Its a sticker,lol

Old
12-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
Jesus man,are you serious...Its a sticker,lol
I'm sorry

Old
12-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Generally a decal is something that goes on a car window. Although they make them to be put on paint as well, vinyl or something. It doesn't use an adhesive that's sticky to the touch and will work on any surface. It's meant strictly for whatever surface it is made for. Walls, glass, plastic, etc.

A sticker is a sticker, uses sticky adhesive, probably shouldn't put it on anything you plan or returning.

A decal SHOULD come off without leaving marks or anything, if not left on there for a long period of time. It really depends on the decal, and how it's made etc.

12-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Generally a decal is something that goes on a car window. Although they make them to be put on paint as well, vinyl or something. It doesn't use an adhesive that's sticky to the touch and will work on any surface. It's meant strictly for whatever surface it is made for. Walls, glass, plastic, etc.

A sticker is a sticker, uses sticky adhesive, probably shouldn't put it on anything you plan or returning.

A decal SHOULD come off without leaving marks or anything, if not left on there for a long period of time. It really depends on the decal, and how it's made etc.
Thank you.

Old
12-26-2011, 06:33 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Got a Premiere Cally Winter Classic jersey for Christmas. My folks ordered it from NHL.com.

The are built just like the old style (6100) authentic jerseys with the stretchy AirKnit material and the big elbow pad spaces. NHL.com actually did multiple layer numbers that were heat pressed on (the blue was stitched to the red and then the red was glued on). Luckily my mom has her own small sewing business she runs out of her basement so she was able to stitch everything down for me (numbers, front crest, event patch, reebok logo and captain's C) with the zig-zag stitching. Overall...not bad for NHL.com I must say.

Old
12-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Was lucky enough to get a Callahan Winter Classic t-shirt and then my pride and joy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Is that image showing up? If not could some one PM me on how to post an image?

12-26-2011, 10:56 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Other thread was over 1,000. Continue.
Please provide links to the older threads.. Thanks.

Old
12-26-2011, 11:12 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Please provide links to the older threads.. Thanks.
Added the old threads in to the OP but I couldn't find the first one. If you find it, I'll edit it in to to the OP too.

Edit - Found that thread too. Never mind.

Old
12-26-2011, 11:54 PM
DudleyDoWright5

Send a message via AIM to DudleyDoWright5
My dad got this bad boy from pro-jerseys.com for christmas. The jersey is FANTASTIC. It's a size L.

Old
12-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I don't understand why we can't buy jerseyfrom everyone on the active roster...

I'd love to get a hold of a Hagelin jersey without customising it myself..

Old
12-27-2011, 04:21 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
Got a Premiere Cally Winter Classic jersey for Christmas. My folks ordered it from NHL.com.

The are built just like the old style (6100) authentic jerseys with the stretchy AirKnit material and the big elbow pad spaces. NHL.com actually did multiple layer numbers that were heat pressed on (the blue was stitched to the red and then the red was glued on). Luckily my mom has her own small sewing business she runs out of her basement so she was able to stitch everything down for me (numbers, front crest, event patch, reebok logo and captain's C) with the zig-zag stitching. Overall...not bad for NHL.com I must say.
My brother got the same jersey for me at Dick's Sporting Goods. Same heat-pressed letters, but they are done very well. Would be nice to have them stitched, but apparently heat-pressed is the norm for the WC jerseys.

On another note -- anyone know of a way to soften up the front crest? It's a bit stiff. (That's what she said.) It's probably just that I'm not used to wearing a jersey with a large crest. Ranger fans have been spoiled!

Old
12-27-2011, 06:38 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Added the old threads in to the OP but I couldn't find the first one. If you find it, I'll edit it in to to the OP too.

Edit - Found that thread too. Never mind.
Much appreciated! :-)

Old
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:

That is sickening that the numbers aren't even stitched in. Guess I have to take mine to the sewing place near me :C

Old
12-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
I don't understand why we can't buy jerseyfrom everyone on the active roster...

I'd love to get a hold of a Hagelin jersey without customising it myself..
I know what ya mean. They only have 5 defaults and if you want to customize with another player, it costs a ********.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:05 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
I know what ya mean. They only have 5 defaults and if you want to customize with another player, it costs a ********.
Is that the WC jerseys? The other default jerseys are actually more expensive ($220) than customized ($205).

Regardless, I have a place near me that can do it for under $50 so that is where I'm taking mine.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:27 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Did anyone end up getting an authentic WC jersey? Just curious how different they are from the Premiere's.

Old
12-27-2011, 09:35 AM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
That is sickening that the numbers aren't even stitched in. Guess I have to take mine to the sewing place near me :C
The only issue my mom had in stitching it for me was that the red layer on the numbers already had zig-zag stitching to give it the appearance of being sewed on. With a little work she was able to go right over it and you can't even really tell unless you are looking for it.

I was just very worried about washing it and having everything fall off.

Aren't mom's the best? Haha!

All that being said....I now understand why NHL switched the heat pressing the replicas. Even with everything all ready in place in took her a good hour and a half to stitch everything down correctly (and mind you...she runs her own small business...she is VERY good at this stuff). She said that if I bought a letter kit she would stitch up my white liberty jersey for me. I am interested to see how long it takes her to do it from scratch.

Old
12-27-2011, 10:30 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Did anyone end up getting an authentic WC jersey? Just curious how different they are from the Premiere's.
from what i have seen, not much. The word going around was the Premiere's were just authentic w/o the fight strap and inner RBK collar band color.

Seemed that way to me when i looked at them in the MSG store.

Old
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
from what i have seen, not much. The word going around was the Premiere's were just authentic w/o the fight strap and inner RBK collar band color.

Seemed that way to me when i looked at them in the MSG store.
I'd believe it. I have an authentic RBK 6100 road jersey and the WC Premiere is just like it in every way except for the fight strap.

Old
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
skroob**

Quote:
I'd believe it. I have an authentic RBK 6100 road jersey and the WC Premiere is just like it in every way except for the fight strap.
yeah, all it seems they did was not put on the fight strap and not put the color (black/silver/lime green) RBK tag along the inner collar. If you look at the ones they are selling in the stores, you can see how messy the stitching seam is without that collar (and hence, the reason they add that covering strip).

Old
12-28-2011, 10:21 PM
nyrmetros

I'd like to see detailed photos of the replica vs the authentic WC jersey...

Closed Thread