HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Joe Barnes & Brandon Tidball Updates

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2005, 06:51 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GBG BLEED BLUE
Joe Barnes & Brandon Tidball Updates

Joe Barnes suffered a separated shoulder in a game on November 15th verses the Calgary Hitmen,will be out of action and could miss anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks, depending on how fast his shoulder properly heals. He has had a tough time with injuries and of course if he was able to play more injury free hockey then he would get a better chance to show what he can do,he still does take full advantage of the playing time that he does get. Joe Barnes has played 24 games and has collected 24 points. Brandon Tidball I believe did get a free agent tryout with the canes this past training camp, he is the Blades toughguy as you may know(If you did not,well know you know) he has fought 15 times this season,he has played 26 games,collecting 3 goals and 3 assists. He leads the Saskatoon Blades in Penalty Minutes with 115. He has dropped the gloves with the toughest players in the WHL,some people say that he is cheap,just jumps players for little or no reason and some people also say that he is a waste of a 20yr old spot. I respect their opinoins, He does some things like showboating after a fight(reguardless if he won or lost the fight) or doing things that will pump up the crowd or make the home crowd angry when he plays on the road.

Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE: 12-04-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old
11-24-2005, 11:27 PM
stugotz

Question on Tidball, when he was playing for Quebec in the Q, alot of questions and rumors circulated that he was on steroids, any talk of this come up in Saskatoon. It was mostly hearsay but i was just curious to know.

Old
11-24-2005, 11:57 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugotz
Question on Tidball, when he was playing for Quebec in the Q, alot of questions and rumors circulated that he was on steroids, any talk of this come up in Saskatoon. It was mostly hearsay but i was just curious to know.
No I have not heard any such discussion or rumour in saskatoon that Tidball was taking steroids while in the QMJHL, I am sure that Lorne Molleken would make sure that he would bring over a player (especailly a 20yr old overager) that has no history of using steroids or using any method of performance inhancing drugs, I also think that something like that would be noticed in all of the tests that the players have to take,I would hope that he would not do anything like that. I am very sure that Lorne Molleken and the Blades coaching staff would not allow a player to play on their team who was or is taking proformance inhancing drugs.

Old
12-04-2005, 01:21 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

I am starting to wonder

Should I even bother to post Joe Barnes updates,because is it the injury problems that Barnes is having that is making Canes fans think twice about him? I do not know if Brandon Tidball left his mark in Canes Training Camp,to hopefully get a chance to get a spot on the team in a few years,or was he not even considered because he is just a toughguy/enforcer? I do think if the Canes did need a toughguy/enforcer to protect the star players or whatever the situation is,he could be the player that could fill that role,and with Tidball playing for the WHL team that I cheer for:The Saskatoon Blades,some of you may think I am being biased or being a homer but that is ok. So Canes Fans What are your opinions of these 2 Saskatoon Blades players?

Old
12-04-2005, 02:11 PM
bleedgreen

we never get to see these guys plays, so your updates are appreciated. ive never seen barnes play, and im more interested in him at this point, as the canes used a pretty decent pick for him. hes sounds like he might be a solid prospect if he can stay healthy. do you think he has potential as a pro? the scouting reports make him sound like a possible third line center, and say he may lack the awaremenss to be a top end player. all we get is the stock prospect info, and it tends to be basically repeated when they do our prospect updates. we rarely get any new info on these guys unless one of us catched them live somehow. im not angry about it, but it seems that generally our prospects dont get a lot of coverage. our last couple of updates didnt have anything new aside for maybe one sentence each that basically says what their stats this season are.

Old
12-07-2005, 06:11 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Good news on Barnes

He is now only out day to day with a separated shoulder,he injured his shoulder on Nov15th,it is Good news because his injury healed very fast and could play on the weekend(Dec9th,10th or 11th,maybe even in all three games,but I am sure that Lorne Molleken would not want to take a risk his injury)

Old
12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
GBG BLEED BLUE

Joe Barnes Earns POTW

Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is forward Joe Barnes of the Saskatoon Blades. Barnes earned player of the week honours by recording three goals and four points in two games during the week of December 4th to December 11th. Barnes returned to the Blades line-up after a shoulder injury that kept him out of action from November 15th and helped the Blades to a perfect week and first place in the WHL’s East Division. Joe played in just two games this week and still got the nod….

On Saturday, December 10th, Barnes recorded a power-play goal and added an assist in a 4-3 win against the visiting Prince Albert Raiders.

On Sunday, December 11th, Barnes scored a short-handed goal and the game-winning goal in a 4-2 home victory over the Moose Jaw Warriors.

Barnes, a 19-year-old native of Winnipeg, Manitoba was drafted by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 2005 NHL Draft.

Joe is the 3rd Saskatoon Blade to win the weekly honor, as both Kevin Armstrong and Devin Setoguchi have earned WHL GREYHOUND Player of the Week status…

Brandon Tidball has been a healthy scratch for the last 2 games,I would think he might get to play more when the World Jr's start and if the under 17 tournament is comming up soon but I am not too sure though. Anyways it is good to see Joe Barnes continue where he left off before his injury happened.

Closed Thread