HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Power Ranking 12/5

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
He's got good reason to be happy with his team's performance. The Flyers are incredibly deep. Had the Rangers played under the Flyers injury circumstances (and suspension in Hatcher's case), they'd be lucky to be .500. I don't think that's really a topic for debate, which is why I'm not debating that.

On the other hand his assertion that Lundqvist has been better "in the games played" is insipid. How else would we judge Niitymaki against Lundqvist? On the games they didn't play? His refusal to acknowledge the obvious and his poor defense of Niitymaki's lesser performance is my subject of contention.

Old
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
greatwhite101*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
He's got good reason to be happy with his team's performance. The Flyers are incredibly deep. Had the Rangers played under the Flyers injury circumstances (and suspension in Hatcher's case), they'd be lucky to be .500. I don't think that's really a topic for debate, which is why I'm not debating that.
You sound like a whiny Flyers fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
On the other hand his assertion that Lundqvist has been better "in the games played" is insipid. How else would we judge Niitymaki against Lundqvist? On the games they didn't play? His refusal to acknowledge the obvious and his poor defense of Niitymaki's lesser performance is my subject of contention.
You want me to admit that Lundqvist is better because he has 5 more wins? While Rangers are rolling? I mean come on, I would not do that to any player. I am not going to call him a fluke either. He is good but the reason why you do not see Nitty numbers because Flyers droped one game (back to back against hot Canes) 8:6 and didn't pull a few wins for whatever reason. He is really improving in front of this (ok, not AHL team). I pay attention to Rangers rookie and he is playing well can't deny that. So thats why I said he is better because he is playing in front of steady rolling team facing no adversity.
Also, your rookies do not need to play first, 2nd line minutes Carter Richards Umberger currently doing so and I am really happy to see that. Thats one of the things that makes me really happy as a fan. We are not pushovers with or with out injuries.

Old
12-13-2005, 01:02 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUS
You sound like a whiny Flyers fan.
Not at all. I sound like an objective fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUS
You want me to admit that Lundqvist is better because he has 5 more wins?
Wins are a product of an overall team. Save percentage and GAA would be better stats if we were to use stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUS
the reason why you do not see Nitty numbers because Flyers droped one game (back to back against hot Canes) 8:6 and didn't pull a few wins for whatever reason.
"For whatever reason"? Hmmm ... could that reason be Niitymaki's play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUS
Also, your rookies do not need to play first, 2nd line minutes Carter Richards Umberger currently doing so
That's a very recent development. If you look at their minutes played, you'll see that Ranger rookies are averaging more time on ice than all but one of their Flyer counterparts:
Richards - 16:35
Carter - 11:32
Umberger - 13:06

Tyutin - 18:34 (More than Seidenberg, your closest thing to a rookie Dman)
Kondratiev - 16:20 (More than Seidenberg)
Moore - 13:27 (More than Umberger)
Prucha - 12:11 (More than Carter)

There might be a comparison made between Eager's 6:52 to Hollweg's 7:36, but that doesn't seem fair to me given that Eager has appeared in only 4 games. There's nothing conclusive to be drawn from that.

Right now the Rangers might be fielding a better team, but that's only since Pitkanen, DesJardins, and Gagne joined Primeau on the sidelines, but this is a very recent development. The Flyers had the better roster through most of the season so far (and I'd argue that with Kapanen's and Forsbergs returns, still have an edge).

Closed Thread