HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Fire Burke?

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2011, 07:12 PM
clawfirst

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage View Post
They all fall for the Courage.
Where is the 'pulls out and kicks down stairs'smilie?

Old
12-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Willie Nylander

wheres LeeIs to lock this thread too?

haha he's such a joke

Old
12-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
With this extension, I think Brian Burke has taken his future with the Leafs out of his own hands and put it into Ron Wilson's. If Wilson fails, Burke has failed.

He decided to extend an inept coach instead of firing him, even going so far to call him a "future HOFer" and one of the "top 10 coaches in the game." If the team misses the playoffs, both should be handed their pink slips.

Right now, the status quo should remain.
Not really.

How many coaches have Dean Lombardi and Bryan Murray been able to gas and they've still kept their jobs, And BB has accomplish more than either them.

This extension is nothing more than a media diversion IMO. If we manage to miss the playoffs agian Wilson will be gone no doubt. From Burke's end, Why would he use one of his 'bullets' so to say by firing a coach who has the team in 6th at Christmas.

Old
12-26-2011, 07:24 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al14 View Post
Does anyone want Burke fired for extending Wilson?

I'm not sure myself, but, I'm pissed that Wilson was given something I feel he does not deserve. I feel he has not achieved enough over his time with the Leafs.
Poor guy, you didn't feel that Wilson should have been extended. How could Burke do that to you, of all people.

Old
12-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Edgeworth*

Leaf fans are pretty trash to jump on a poster for stating his opinion as nice as this guy did. He didn't go off and call Wilson an idiot, least treat the guy with some respect before you call him a kid, childish, etc. most of you don't know **** about hockey anyway.

But as for the question: No. Burke has been one of our better GM's and during his reign of terror and his trading skills are on par with that of Glen Sather while his scouting staff has done great work in getting promising prospects. But OP has a point, after being first in the NHL for however brief the Leafs have gone on a landslide and currently under .500 with a 4-4-2 record for december.

Old
12-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Asked and answered

/Closed

Closed Thread