HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adversity

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2005, 05:33 AM
JD1

vCash: 500
Adversity

I have seen alot of people questioning how the Sens will play with a bit of adversity. On the 4 game road trip they got 6 out of 8 points.

Beat Florida without Chara and Redden
SO loss to Vancouver without Havlat, Redden
OTL to Calgary without Havlat, Redden
Beat Colorado without Havlat, Redden, and Spezza

And in the Vancouver and Calgary games, Spezza was clearly having trouble skating with his hip pointer. Not too shabby if you ask me. For starters, alot of teams don't even have players of that claibre to lose, let alone take 6 of 8 without them.

I also think that Spezza has earned his shot in Italy. Alot of people have said that he has good linemates and that anyone could rack up the points playing with Alfie and Heatley. While there is a degree of truth in that, the big line was off the sheet in Vancouver and Calgary when Spezza was playng hurt. Spezza is anything but a freeloader on that line, he is an integral part of the creativity that has led it thus far to being the best line in the league.

Closed Thread