HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Zack Kassian first NHL fight

Old
12-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
So his actual play does nothing to influence your opinion one way or the other? But he will, in fact, get eaten alive by Lucic solely because he wears a visor?

Got it.

That Chris Pronger guy, he's a man's man because he doesn't wear a visor. Unfortunately for him, had he been wearing a visor he probably would be playing hockey right now, and for the rest of this year.
My post was based soley on the assertion of Sabres fans during the Miller/ Lucic incident. I read numerous "I wish Kassian was up, boy do we need his muscle/ we dont have a tough guy til Kassian arrives/ Lucic wouldn't have collided with Miller if Kassian was up" posts.

Im not debating his potential as a powerforward, its obvious the kid is talented. However regarding his skill as a pulgist, Im not impressed. Martin isn't a fighter by any means, Kassian should've easily handled him.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:52 PM
CowbellConray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
My post was based soley on the assertion of Sabres fans during the Miller/ Lucic incident. I read numerous "I wish Kassian was up, boy do we need his muscle/ we dont have a tough guy til Kassian arrives/ Lucic wouldn't have collided with Miller if Kassian was up" posts.

Im not debating his potential as a powerforward, its obvious the kid is talented. However regarding his skill as a pulgist, Im not impressed. Martin isn't a fighter by any means, Kassian should've easily handled him.
Kassian wears a visor becuase you have to in the OHL and he liked it so much he wanted to keep it. It was the kids first fight, and he was told by the coaches to focus more on the offensive aspects of his game. I am sure that if he goes crazy like he used to in junior he will do okay vs lucic now, but I think we will have to wait a few years until he becomes the great power forward.

CowbellConray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 05:33 AM
SniperTom

To end the visor discussion.

He doesn´t use one anymore, he removed it before the game against the Leafs.

SniperTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Samcanadian

In this thread:
-Kassian is the second coming of Lucic.
-Lucic was the second coming of MechaGodzilla.

Seems like for a guy that doesn't even fight anymore, you guys have a lot of faith in Lucic's ability...

Samcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcanadian View Post
In this thread:
-Kassian is the second coming of Lucic.
-Lucic was the second coming of MechaGodzilla.

Seems like for a guy that doesn't even fight anymore, you guys have a lot of faith in Lucic's ability...
doesn't fight anymore? he just went with carkner a few days ago and got the edge. Lucic has proven himself in the league as a fighter, he has fought a lot of the best and has shown he can hang with almost everyone. if anything kassian is getting way too much respect in here for his fighting capabilities, he's the one who has not proven anything yet.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Samcanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
doesn't fight anymore? he just went with carkner a few days ago and got the edge. Lucic has proven himself in the league as a fighter, he has fought a lot of the best and has shown he can hang with almost everyone. if anything kassian is getting way too much respect in here for his fighting capabilities, he's the one who has not proven anything yet.
Yeah, the one fight I've seen Kassian in and he's throwing rabbit-punches a mile a minute...not very intimidating at all.

I wanna see some big overhand bombs, personally.

Samcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Starsfan24
Drunkkkkk

Great tilt.

Starsfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Raisy

Quote:

Perhaps not in the NHL, but Martin fought enough and handled himself well enough in the OHL.

Raisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Raisy

Quote:
Right now Kassian is a rookie, who is still eligible to play juniors, give him some time. Based on Kassian and Lucic today, Lucic would beat him 10 out of 10 times, however 2 or 3 years down the road, it could be a different story. Also, Lucic has not fought the best of the best and generally steers clear of the true heavies, but will step up on occasion.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
Right now Kassian is a rookie, who is still eligible to play juniors, give him some time. Based on Kassian and Lucic today, Lucic would beat him 10 out of 10 times, however 2 or 3 years down the road, it could be a different story. Also, Lucic has not fought the best of the best and generally steers clear of the true heavies, but will step up on occasion.
when Lucic was a rookie he came in fighting often, and he too was still eligible for juniors. even younger then kassian is now. and unless you want to count guys like laraque or brashear who aren't even in the league anymore, then yes he has fought just about the best of the best. like i've said before these super heavyweights that everyone claims Lucic avoids don't exist anymore. so you are wrong on both points...

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Raisy

Quote:
when Lucic was a rookie he came in fighting often, and he too was still eligible for juniors. even younger then kassian is now. and unless you want to count guys like laraque or brashear who aren't even in the league anymore, then yes he has fought just about the best of the best. like i've said before these super heavyweights that everyone claims Lucic avoids don't exist anymore. so you are wrong on both points...
Well I am actually not wrong on either point. Lucic played in the NHL in what would've been his junior O/A year, like Kassian this year; so they were both the same age. In Lucic's rookie year the only true heavies he fought were Erskine and Ivanans and lost both fights. Look at his fight card, it is not exactly littered with top notch guys (no MacIntyre, McGrattan, Parros), he's only got 1 fight with Orr (loss), 1 with Boulton (loss) and a bunch of wins vs. light heavies and middleweights. Also, don't tell me that he didn't avoid Laraque, he damn near crapped his pants. Don't get me wrong I like Lucic and think that he could hang with anyone, might not win them all, but could hang, I just think he picks his spots a bit because he has Thornton with him.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:54 AM
newfy

Quote:

Martin already has 5 fights this year, I'm not sure where youre getting this idea of him not being a fighter?

Hes about the same calibre of fighter that Lucic makes a habit of fighting.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:33 PM
msv957

What was with Martin shielding his face with his hand at the end of the fight.

I thought Martin had toughness

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 03:47 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
So why wasn't he penalized for it...?
Because nothing ever goes rite for the Islanders

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 04:02 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

A couple of Windsor Boy's eh!

Probie would be Proud.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Well I am actually not wrong on either point. Lucic played in the NHL in what would've been his junior O/A year, like Kassian this year; so they were both the same age. In Lucic's rookie year the only true heavies he fought were Erskine and Ivanans and lost both fights. Look at his fight card, it is not exactly littered with top notch guys (no MacIntyre, McGrattan, Parros), he's only got 1 fight with Orr (loss), 1 with Boulton (loss) and a bunch of wins vs. light heavies and middleweights. Also, don't tell me that he didn't avoid Laraque, he damn near crapped his pants. Don't get me wrong I like Lucic and think that he could hang with anyone, might not win them all, but could hang, I just think he picks his spots a bit because he has Thornton with him.
How many 20 year olds would fight George Laraque? And why would he? That is such a stupid thing to call Lucic out on.

Lucic shouldn't waste his time on guys like Smac, McGrattan or Parros.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
How many 20 year olds would fight George Laraque? And why would he? That is such a stupid thing to call Lucic out on.

Lucic shouldn't waste his time on guys like Smac, McGrattan or Parros.
I don't disagree, Lucic is a more valuable player than Laraque, BigMac, McGrattan, and Parros, Thornton is there to take on those guys. My original post was in response to someone comparing Lucic and Kassian when they came into the league; the poster said that Lucic has fought a lot of the best fighters, I said that is false based on his fight card. For the record, I'm not a Lucic hater, I'm a flyers fan and would trade anyone not named Giroux for him.

Old
12-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Lucic played in the NHL in what would've been his junior O/A year, like Kassian this year; so they were both the same age.
No he didn't, he was 19. Kassian was a year and a half older when he made the NHL.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Raisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
No he didn't, he was 19. Kassian was a year and a half older when he made the NHL.
Both you and PJStockBB are right and I was wrong, when I was checking his stats on hockeydb, I counted the year he played in Vancouver and Coquitlam as 2 separate years.

Old
12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Meh 87 vs. 36 fights. I give Lucic the edge for the next 10 years based on experience as Kass has actually been fighting less since the 09-10 season.
Anyway.....my point is that he may be tough but will never be Lucic tough.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
That was actually a really hard fight to watch. Probably some of the worst punches I've ever seen thrown. Worse than Semin's.

That IS kinda funny watching two guys just put their heads down and blindly punch. My wouldn't one of them be surprised if someone decided to throw an uppercut?

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:57 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=lAcGSbrEi-c

Think your underrating Kassians fighting ability, he is 20 years old and won't back down from anybody.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:13 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
Can't wait to see Kassian and Lucic.
Kassian could be seriously injured fighting Lucic.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Kassian could be seriously injured fighting Lucic.
Agreed. I think we all agree he wouldn't back down........but that doesnt mean that he has the skill or experience as a fighter....It would be a good old Jail time shower beat down by Lucic with Kassian huddling in the corner stall crying.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:03 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Agreed. I think we all agree he wouldn't back down........but that doesnt mean that he has the skill or experience as a fighter....It would be a good old Jail time shower beat down by Lucic with Kassian huddling in the corner stall crying.
Nah, nice lame analogy though wonder what's on your mind
. Can't wait til next bruins game, Kassian is just as strong and mean as Lucic and will take out Bergeron or Marchand.Sorry NHL but Sabres now have a legitimate skilled tough guy who will become the NHLs most feared player... Just look in junior where he gets suspended 20 games for throwing perfectly clean checks just for being stronger and more physically dominant then the other players.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote