HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lines at practice

Old
12-26-2011, 08:23 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Some fans man...they will never be happy.

And the Habs don't have a 1st line. So you can cool it with the "OMG, Eller's on the 1st line". So bipolar.

The team can't score, Cunney's shaking things up. Pacioretty has been invisible for the last 10 or so games. Again, we don't have a #1 line.
Absolutely true. Sadly.
What's really our first line ?
The one with our supposedly sniper (Cammy) ?
The one with our most versatile center (Pleks) ?
Or the one with our power forward (Cole) ?
They all are on 3 different lines now.
Pick your 1st.

zx81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:35 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Plekanec is probably wondering what he has to do to play with Pac-Cole
That would be a good line. Sadly the other lines would be horrible. Plekanec is not on their line because we need some balance in the lineup.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:37 PM
m00ks

Big chance to breakout for Eller. Very confident he'll produce.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
That would be a good line. Sadly the other lines would be horrible. Plekanec is not on their line because we need some balance in the lineup.
Plek's line, under Martin, was given the toughest minutes/situations. Keeping Cole and MaxPac off to place them in more favorable offensive position is a good idea.

RC seems to be a lot more random with his handling.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11alias11 View Post
not that I dislike Eller centering Patches & Cole, but I like DD there. Put DD anywhere else & its a smurf line, Patches & Cole's size negate the fact that DD is so small & allows him to excel. No line should have 2 players under 5'10" IMO.
Boston won the cup with 5'7" Marchand and 5'8" Recchi on thei best line(in the playoffs anyways).

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

RC is trolling the french media or what?

Cammy-DD-Leblanc, perhaps the softest line in history? I'm worried. But they'll probably exclusively play against the opposing 3rd/4th lines.

Finally, Cammy is off poor Plek's line. Good thing for Plek -- no more defensive liability to worry about. Plek's such a team player.

These are good lines. Cammy can hopefully get going playing against weak opposing lines.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:17 PM
compile

vCash: 611
I have a better solution.

STOP CHANGING THE F'ING LINES!!!

Keep the same god damn lines for 42 games, unless someone gets hurt, in which you sub them out.

Jesus f'ing christ. What works in football (soccer) works in hockey too you know. Barcelona is only as good as they are because they have been playing together for 5+ years.

Its the same thing happens with hockey players, the more you play with same people the more you pick up their tendencies etc.

The only time you need to tinker is if a player is truly bad (see Gomez).

You think the London Knights were fantastic because they went around and grabbed all the best players? No these kids play with each other (sounds bad lol), for 3+ years. Just like in Junior A, MHTL etc.

Meh w/e. Season is lost, piss poor draft pick (not in the top 5), and I'm on my 7th pint of Guinness.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:21 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRetina View Post
I have a better solution.

STOP CHANGING THE F'ING LINES!!!

Keep the same god damn lines for 42 games, unless someone gets hurt, in which you sub them out.

Jesus f'ing christ. What works in football (soccer) works in hockey too you know. Barcelona is only as good as they are because they have been playing together for 5+ years.

Its the same thing happens with hockey players, the more you play with same people the more you pick up their tendencies etc.

The only time you need to tinker is if a player is truly bad (see Gomez).

You think the London Knights were fantastic because they went around and grabbed all the best players? No these kids play with each other (sounds bad lol), for 3+ years. Just like in Junior A, MHTL etc.

Meh w/e. Season is lost, piss poor draft pick (not in the top 5), and I'm on my 7th pint of Guinness.
I should say I'm supporting our current roster (as opposed to trades/tank, etc) BUT we have had the same lines together and they have not been great. It's not like we've been shuffliing a lot lately. I do think Cammy and Pleks have something special, but since Cammy is out of it for now, let Pleks generate offense with someone capable.

Cunneyworth hasn't been able to see the lines he wants. let him set his lines and see how they work THEN maybe don't tinker too much.

Season is not lost.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:30 PM
habfaninvictoria

Patches and Cole have been our strongest wingers, by a wide margin. They can create havoc. I like Eller there... gives him a fighting chance for points and that will be a physically intimidating line.

I like the Message RC is sending Camallari here, you're not giving us any effort some I'm going to give you 2 newbs. He's saying you're the veteran, you make the big bucks, play with our best forward and have shown squat... that being said I'd rather see Moen on this line he makes up for the others defensive woes and give the line some size.

Pleks and AK have a proven history. Moen brings them down.... Give Leblanc a shot here and I bet he shines.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:30 PM
SB164

Speaking of practice, Subway has now struck a sponsorship deal with the Habs to have their logo on the practice jerseys.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Lions999

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Big chance to breakout for Eller. Very confident he'll produce.
Hopefully they score in the first 2 or 3 shifts or else

Lions999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:32 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post

Cammy-DD-Leblanc, perhaps the softest line in history? I'm worried. But they'll probably exclusively play against the opposing 3rd/4th lines.

Finally, Cammy is off poor Plek's line. Good thing for Plek -- no more defensive liability to worry about. Plek's such a team player.

These are good lines. Cammy can hopefully get going playing against weak opposing lines.
Yea, that's a pretty soft line. Hate to talk about size and toughness, but it's so apparent this year that it's lacking this year.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Prairie Habs

I would try

Patch - Plek - AK
Cammy - Eller - Cole
Moen - DD - LL

Hopefully we could find some offense out of the top 2 lines, and while the third line doesn't really have any identity it wouldn't be a liability offensively or defensively.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 10:24 PM
thebinne4pres

Finally, Eller will get his chance.
Can't say i'm not happy about this one.

Pac - Eller - Cole

Finally a line with some grit and size.
All 6'2" and over 200....nice

But i'm not sure about the other lines...
But don't panic....when Gionta and Gomez will return, there will be more change.

I still think we have to split the smalls players, while getting bigger in the middle.
Still want/hope a line up more dangerous when everbody will be back.....something like:

Desharnais - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Eller - Gionta
Cammalleri - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Moen - Nokeleinen - Leblanc

thebinne4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:32 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:

thing is DD isn't bad at all defensively when matched against third and fourth line like last year. it's when he's matched against first and second lines that he struggles big time...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:00 AM
NewHabsEra*

WoW Eller centering Cole and Mac!! That line has HUGE potential..

Expect the "third line" playing very little minutes unless Cammy step it up..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:58 AM
m00ks

Fun to see Eller get his chance but Cammy-DD-LL is a useless line. They will get dominated.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:29 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

What are people going to do when DD produces with Cammy and Leblanc? Just give all the credit to Cammy saying "he was needing rest and he's not slumping anymore, so DD has a free ride with our best winger." ?? Can't wait to hear the excuses.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:29 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
What are people going to do when DD produces with Cammy and Leblanc? Just give all the credit to Cammy saying "he was needing rest and he's not slumping anymore, so DD has a free ride with our best winger." ?? Can't wait to hear the excuses.
DD is still going to be playing against bottom pairing defensemen. It would speak badly of him if he couldn't produce with Cammy against Cam Barkers and Mark Floods.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Young Gun

Don't know what ellar has done to deserve DD's spot, he'd better be able to finish.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
DD is still going to be playing against bottom pairing defensemen. It would speak badly of him if he couldn't produce with Cammy against Cam Barkers and Mark Floods.

Can't. Even. Reply.

Old
12-27-2011, 07:42 AM
hockey2hockey

Might as well try it ...

With the way Cammi ( Tammi ) has been playing the 3rd line is all he deserves until he shows some heart. In an ideal world there would not be any line juggling and we'd be a 0.600 club, but we arent, so im curious to see what the Eller line can do at this point.

hockey2hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Craig71

Quote:

This will be cammalleri's ticket to th press box, he has not responded to much of anything this season and maybe this is rock bottom for him. This line will be abused by the Senators bigger players and will not work. I will say though that RC is making some bold moves and he has nothing to lose because he basically knows he will be gone at seasons end. The guys have no excuses tonight as far as effort goes and we should expect a good game.GO HABS GO!!

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
This will be cammalleri's ticket to th press box, he has not responded to much of anything this season and maybe this is rock bottom for him. This line will be abused by the Senators bigger players and will not work. I will say though that RC is making some bold moves and he has nothing to lose because he basically knows he will be gone at seasons end. The guys have no excuses tonight as far as effort goes and we should expect a good game.GO HABS GO!!
You're in for something special.

Cammalleri will score.

Old
12-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
You're in for something special.

Cammalleri will score.
Do you believe? I wish I had your optimism but the team looks terrible and some guys look like they just want out. Cammalleri tops the list and if he can be moved I am sure he soon will be. We all know he can score but if goals don't come like this year then he must do extra things to create oppurtunities for himself and make it look like he at least gives a damn. He looks like a spoiled brat to me just coasting around the ice and not doing much. I hope you are right and he scores. GO HABS.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote