HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're on the Road to Nowhere

Old
12-26-2011, 11:59 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
This goes beyond just a personnel issue. There is no compete in this team on most nights and they have no identity whatsoever and are a jumbled mess because of it.
Renney has no idea how to manage in game situations, he jumbles up the lines way too much and plays the wrong guys at the wrong times (Horcoff and Smyth on that 4 on 4 for instance, Horcoff on the 1st unit PP, Belanger on the 2nd unit PP etc.)

I look at the personnel and there should be more compete in this team, it's simply unacceptable for them to completely lay down for a team no matter how good the other team is and that goes back to coaching and the lack of preparation and ability to motivate.
Something stinks real bad and look no further than the suits on the bench, the players don't seem to want to give a full effort for the most part. Are they tuning out the coach? Who knows.

I can handle losses but i can't handle lack of progress and lack of effort and i see little progression overall along with lackluster effort on way too many occassions. It's gross and i'm sick of watching this product. Can the GM and the coaches, it just doesn't seem to be working here.
Is the message to create a losing atmosphere for the sake of obtaining high draft picks? What is the message that is being sent to this team? Where's the identity? Where is the will to win? Where is the progression outside of two supremely talented youngsters?
Maybe i'm panicking too much but i can't stand watching my favorite team go out with a whimper on most nights for what is now 3 straight seasons at least. It's unbearable to watch. Something needs to be done ANYTHING!!!

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:00 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
KLowe explaining why he gave Horcoff $5.5 million per till 2015.

Well at least his first choice for assistant GM is doing well in Columbus .... oh wait.... another fail.
And that has something to do with the Oilers...?

If anything, wasn't it a good decision to let him go?

You make no sense.

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
You point out Renney for Omark being gone - shouldn`t he be on your list of problems.
This list is longer than Santa's.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:01 AM
wingnut83

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrownHero View Post
Couple of things I thought

Smyth should be with the kids on the PP, Horc isnt winning important draws and is subpar in front of the net, I mean cmon its smyth

We got lucky on that 5 min major, was just a clean hit with a bad result, but also got unlucky(sedin pick, missed high stick on hall, bieska? running into smyth) 5 on 5 the canucks just owned us, that's to be expected

Our team ATM is pretty much Hall, RNH, Eberle, Smyth and Jones didn't even notice anyone else
Didn't notice anyone else? You never noticed how complete garbage Horcoff was? 4 on 4 must play Horcoff. Have a power play must play Horcoff.
Pull goalie must play Horcoff. I don't get it. I don't see a reason to play RNH or Eberle on a 4 on 4 either.

wingnut83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:01 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHAWKING View Post
Hilarious.

Post of the night right there people.

Well done.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:02 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
This list is longer than Santa's.
very true

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
And that has something to do with the Oilers...?

If anything, wasn't it a good decision to let him go?

You make no sense.
Really, can't you see that this is another example of KLowe's inability to recognize individuals who have the ability to fulfill a role? There is a long list of failed managers, coaches, scouts in this organization since KLowe took over.

Old
12-27-2011, 12:03 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Hall and RNH played more minutes than Horcoff, and Eberle only slightly less.

What is everyone complaining about?

Old
12-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

Another 0-for night for Horcoff to go along with 43% on the draws.

Belanger was 9-4 on the draws but is completely useless outside of taking draws. Highlight of his night was getting punch in the face and getting a 2 minute penalty for being a scrub.

Hordichuk played 1:35 tonight. What an absolute joke Renney is. If you aren't going to play him then don't dress him and call someone up like O'marra.

Sam Gagner only played 12:43 tonight. Oilers management/Renney doing their best to squash any kind of value that Gagner has. He is the new O'Sullivan. By the time Tambellini realizes he sucks so will the rest of the league.. actually I'm sure most teams already know.

Anton Lander with under 7 minutes of ice again. Might as well ruin his development too.

Bring back Kevin Lowe please. He ain't no savant but he makes Tambellini look like a vegetable.

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut83 View Post
Didn't notice anyone else? You never noticed how complete garbage Horcoff was? 4 on 4 must play Horcoff. Have a power play must play Horcoff.
Pull goalie must play Horcoff. I don't get it. I don't see a reason to play RNH or Eberle on a 4 on 4 either.
When is the last time Horcoff won a battle for the puck in the offensive end. Ridiculous that he is out there on the PP.

Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Really, can't you see that this is another example of KLowe's inability to recognize individuals who have the ability to fulfill a role? There is a long list of failed managers, coaches, scouts in this organization since KLowe took over.
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=430008

Stu McGregor anyone?

You're grasping at straws here.

Old
12-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Deus

RNH
Eberle
Hall
Smid
Lander
Petrell
Jones

**** errybody else.

Deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:05 AM
S Crumb

This year is done and hockey is already meaningless. That must be a new record outside of the sunbelt. I am done caring about this year, it is next year I am worried about. Hemmer is gone, Smyth is done, Horc is in a decline, Whitney looks done, Habby soon gone. Eeeeek. Hopefully I am wrong on a couple of these but it doesn't look good. We will need to replace these parts with NHLers along with hoping our kids keep developing. In all honesty I don't know if playoffs are a reality for at least two years. I hope Tambo proves me wrong and does something. I don't know how much more intentional tanking I can stand.

S Crumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers View Post

Belanger was 9-4 on the draws but is completely useless outside of taking draws. Highlight of his night was getting punch in the face and getting a 2 minute penalty for being a scrub.

Hordichuk played 1:35 tonight. What an absolute joke Renney is. If you aren't going to play him then don't dress him and call someone up like O'marra.

Sam Gagner only played 12:43 tonight. Oilers management/Renney doing their best to squash any kind of value that Gagner has. He is the new O'Sullivan. By the time Tambellini realizes he sucks so will the rest of the league.. actually I'm sure most teams already know.

Anton Lander with under 7 minutes of ice again. Might as well ruin his development too.

Bring back Kevin Lowe please. He ain't no savant but he makes Tambellini look like a vegetable.
If KLowe comes back to GM the Oilers I will burn the rest of my seasons tickets and become a Jet's fan!

Old
12-27-2011, 12:07 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers View Post

In all fairness, that is 10 minutes more than he should have played - thank you Renney for showcasing Gags sharp skills.

Old
12-27-2011, 12:07 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
This goes beyond just a personnel issue. There is no compete in this team on most nights and they have no identity whatsoever and are a jumbled mess because of it.
Renney has no idea how to manage in game situations, he jumbles up the lines way too much and plays the wrong guys at the wrong times (Horcoff and Smyth on that 4 on 4 for instance, Horcoff on the 1st unit PP, Belanger on the 2nd unit PP etc.)

I look at the personnel and there should be more compete in this team, it's simply unacceptable for them to completely lay down for a team no matter how good the other team is and that goes back to coaching and the lack of preparation and ability to motivate.
Something stinks real bad and look no further than the suits on the bench, the players don't seem to want to give a full effort for the most part. Are they tuning out the coach? Who knows.

I can handle losses but i can't handle lack of progress and lack of effort and i see little progression overall along with lackluster effort on way too many occassions. It's gross and i'm sick of watching this product. Can the GM and the coaches, it just doesn't seem to be working here.
Is the message to create a losing atmosphere for the sake of obtaining high draft picks? What is the message that is being sent to this team? Where's the identity? Where is the will to win? Where is the progression outside of two supremely talented youngsters?
Maybe i'm panicking too much but i can't stand watching my favorite team go out with a whimper on most nights for what is now 3 straight seasons at least. It's unbearable to watch. Something needs to be done ANYTHING!!!

Dont forget to pick up your free hat!

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:

Stu McGregor anyone?

You are nuts if you think there is any good in this mess.

BTW, Stu's best pick is Eberle. The two 1st picks a monkey could of made. What else has actually worked that he has done?

Old
12-27-2011, 12:09 AM
oilers92

scorched earth time in the management/coaching roles i mean everyone goes even the fax machine then get rid of the fat or tell them to pick it up or in the minors they go and rebuild like florida money to free agents with a good group of young talent of your own

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chooch

Quote:

Stu McGregor anyone?

Only good thing to come out of McGregor was Eberle, other than that he's had an easy job at suggesting predictable first overall picks for the Oilers.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:

BTW, Stu's best pick is Eberle. The two 1st picks a monkey could of made. What else has actually worked that he has done?
Gee I dunno, there's that Lander guy, and some people have high hopes for this Omark kid...

and yeah, I'd say Eberle's a pretty good pick at 22nd, wouldn't you agree? Are you seriously undermining the great Stu's work?

Old
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
At home every time horcs touches the puck I say there goes our sniper, his closest competition in the hands of stone contest being Belanger

Rawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:10 AM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
If KLowe comes back to GM the Oilers I will burn the rest of my seasons tickets and become a Jet's fan!
Living in Winnipeg I am sick at the difference at how these two teams compete.

Old
12-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:

If it wasn't for Lorne Davis, I wonder if the Oilers draft Eberle.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
You do that.

Again, it's the end of the world after another loss at HFOilers.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:12 AM
dopeschemes

This weak and passive coaching style needs to change. We need aggressive no ******** coaching and management. It's time to improve. Fans can't be patient forever. How many coaches have been fired for less this year? Someone needs to pull the trigger her. Weak passive business practice by a sports organization.

dopeschemes is offline   Reply With Quote