HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gm #36: Kings vs Coyotes, 12/26/11, Post Game WIN thoughts & tidbits

Old
12-27-2011, 12:33 AM
Kingurentai

vCash: 500
Feel bad for Gagne. Guy is injury prone.

Liking the emotion coach Sutter brings though. He's already turned Kopi and Doughty around.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1840
I really liked Richie-Richards-Lewis line, they looked really quick out there and had some nice chances.

I hope Sutter keeps this line intact and perhaps, give Lokti a look on the 1LW if Gagne goes on IR.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 12:50 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I really liked Richie-Richards-Lewis line, they looked really quick out there and had some nice chances.

I hope Sutter keeps this line intact and perhaps, give Lokti a look on the 1LW if Gagne goes on IR.
That brings up a question of how the lines will change by Wens. If Richardson stays with Richards, who is on the 1st? Or will Loki play wing with Richards nhaving done that before?
I heard Sutter say in pre game inteview that he would like to see Williams with Richards.
Or will there be a trade as has been rumored and a new winger arrives for Kopi this week...

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:12 AM
sueroe

Well that was a fun game to watch. The 2nd period was a little sloppy however, and Labarbera was not having a good game at all. Regardless the puck has been getting to the net, and maybe those pucks going in the net will give the team a little life. Thank god Ricards was okay after that hit to the ear. The poor guy did not need that!!

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:18 AM
ru4reals

Just watched the highlights again and how the heck do you give Richardson that goal! He didn't even touch it! All Voynov there!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Nex06

Quickly, somebody give me top 3 list of things that are worth complaining about. I need my daily fix of pessimistic thoughts.

I will start with Richards having -1 in this game. Compare this to Wayne Simmonds and his +0 last game. Which means that Simmonds is better and the trade was bad for us.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:26 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp20718

Moller just made the highlights with a nice Stick Pass LOL.....

Bud currently has 27 points... The leading scorer in the SEL has 30 points.

Their team is #1 in the standings too.... I really want Bud in a Kings jersey next year .
Are their contracts with their respective European teams only for one season? Holloway's performance is impressive.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Fishhead

That was one of the weirdest officiated games I've seen in a while. I can recall at least 3 or 4 blatant things that were let go, and they they call a marginal hook.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Shellz

Of course I miss it. Good to see 4 goals. The win is better though!!! Go Kings!!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:39 AM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post

OK, but I'm sure MR is thrilled to see his two wingers combined have yet to hit double digits for career goals.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:39 AM
MynameisKing

Can somebody convince Chicago to bring back Cloutier and put him in net? Seriously though, it was nice to see the Kings get the beneficial soft goal for. Can't remember that ever happening for the Kings in awhile.

MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:14 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

With Gagne potentially out awhile, here's what I think the lines should look like:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams

Richardson-Richards-Stoll

Penner-Loktionov-Lewis

Clifford-Fraser-Hunter/Westgarth

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 02:18 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
With Gagne potentially out awhile, here's what I think the lines should look like:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams

Richardson-Richards-Stoll

Penner-Loktionov-Lewis

Ew...no. Terry Murray is that you?

Just move Lotki into Gagne's spot.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:58 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
What's the situation with both Moller and Holloway, since so many have brought them up. I know they both bolted across the pond, but are they completely out of being resigned or what?
Pretty much yes they are completely out of the picture this year. Even if both got released and signe NHL contracts they would have to clear waivers to return this year. Too bad since both would have been 3rd liners on the current team for sure. Bad decision by both, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
Are their contracts with their respective European teams only for one season? Holloway's performance is impressive.
Yes his contract is one year, but Holloway and the Kings were not on the same terms when he left. The Kings felt he could compete for a bottom 6 role this year and were not impressed with him leaving. Whether they will welcome him back is still not certain.

Awesome that the Kings finally exploded for 4 goals!!!! Wooo It is so sad that 4 goals causes this reaction but still . Hopefully the Kings start to right the ship...of course the next game will have me in attendance in Winnipeg with completely divided loyalties, I still have no idea who to cheer for...

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:34 AM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I'm assuming this hasn't been mentioned, but mid-game PA Announcer David Courtney was taken to the hospital experiencing chest pain and vomiting. No update as of yet.
Wow, hope everything is okay.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
the games looking better in general since Murray is gone.
Repairing the hockey damage will need a lot more time though.
Maybe around march we see the real Kings again

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 06:15 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Finally Break Through 3-Goal Wall In 4-3 Win Over Phx

Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Finally Break Through 3-Goal Wall In 4-3 Win Over Phoenix

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
W00t!

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:28 AM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Would have been nice to have Holloway and Möller in the system for situations like this.

Yeah. Or Parse.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Ew...no. Terry Murray is that you?

Just move Lotki into Gagne's spot.
Concur with this. Keeping lines as consistent as possible over a length of time sets up the players for success and is excellent way to restore "the belief system" which is Sutter's stated aim.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Concur with this. Keeping lines as consistent as possible over a length of time sets up the players for success and is excellent way to restore "the belief system" which is Sutter's stated aim.
bingo....no shuffling. guys need consistency and time playing together. Murray's shift-by-shift juggling of the lines is all the proof you need NOT to do this. you don't flip a switch and suddenly have chemistry with linemates.

slot Lokti over on the wing, he and Rick have had a little time together in this capacity and personally i thought it looked good at times. they had some very good possession-give n go's between them. both guys play with their heads up and anticipation of what their linemate is going to do, so they can make a pass into a seam. i also like having Lokti play with MR, because he can help mentor him not to mention cover up some of his 'rookie' mistakes on D coverage.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:11 AM
SFKingshomer

Fell asleep after Torres 2nd goal so I'll have to watch the rest in a bit here. With Gagne out I'd like to see...

Richards-Kopitar-Brown
Penner-Loktionov-Lewis
Richardson-Stoll-Williams

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:20 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
slot Lokti over on the wing, he and Rick have had a little time together in this capacity and personally i thought it looked good at times. they had some very good possession-give n go's between them. both guys play with their heads up and anticipation of what their linemate is going to do, so they can make a pass into a seam. i also like having Lokti play with MR, because he can help mentor him not to mention cover up some of his 'rookie' mistakes on D coverage.
Agree with this and Loki already said (when he was playing withj Richards) that Richards helped him and that Richards would tell him how to improve, in what situations to stay or go , pass or push thru. A talented kid like Loki will benefit alot from playing with Richards.
And Richadrs has been patient all year with a revolving door of wingers. Loki has the speed and skill set to compliment Richards.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Fell asleep after Torres 2nd goal so I'll have to watch the rest in a bit here.
... and Quick took a nap just before

Good to see 4 goals that's for sure - and nice to see that LaBarbera is finally paying off.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:15 AM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I'm assuming this hasn't been mentioned, but mid-game PA Announcer David Courtney was taken to the hospital experiencing chest pain and vomiting. No update as of yet.
Didn't get home in time and missed the first 2 periods, the first i thought when i heard someone else on the PA was, "where the hell is David Courtney?". Hope he's OK, his voice in synonymous with Staples Center.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote