HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dennis Seidenberg

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2011, 12:45 AM
  #26
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 2,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Lol, this is so brutal. Have you ever watched Seidenberg play?

For the life of me, I cannot figure out which name belongs less in this thread, Regehr, or Kaberle. How on earth did you manage to work Kaberle's name into this thread?

Anyways, Seidenberg is far from a dominant, physically or defensively. He is a solid #2 defenseman or a very good #3. He can contribute on the 2nd PP unit and is a guy you can lean on on the PK. His mobility and puck moving skills are generally underrated.

At this point in time Seidenberg is simply a better defenceman than Regehr. On top of that, his contract is better.
You say his puck moving skills are underrated...call the sheriff it must be so, I was merely pointing out that the thread starter who used C.E's 10 year contract and style of play were nowhere enar comparable to Seidenbergs. (THATS HOW REGHER CAME INTO THIS). Secondly if you look at Seidenberg's stats he has 2 years TOPS of alleged shutdown #1-3 defensive ability depending on hwere posters here rate him(I think #3 is a great fit)...while Boston however leaned on him as a typical 3....you may SAY he was an underrated puck movers etc however the fact boston brought in Kaberle alone says otherwise. Thats how he came into play.

Homerism is great...Seidenberg has had one good year in this league RR has had a career in this league.

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:17 AM
  #27
almostawake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
You say his puck moving skills are underrated...call the sheriff it must be so, I was merely pointing out that the thread starter who used C.E's 10 year contract and style of play were nowhere enar comparable to Seidenbergs. (THATS HOW REGHER CAME INTO THIS). Secondly if you look at Seidenberg's stats he has 2 years TOPS of alleged shutdown #1-3 defensive ability depending on hwere posters here rate him(I think #3 is a great fit)...while Boston however leaned on him as a typical 3....you may SAY he was an underrated puck movers etc however the fact boston brought in Kaberle alone says otherwise. Thats how he came into play.

Homerism is great...Seidenberg has had one good year in this league RR has had a career in this league.
Erhoff is a more valuable defenceman than Seidenberg. Regehr is a less valuable defenceman than Seidenberg. Neither of them have anything to do with establishing the value of Seidenberg.

As far as Regehr's career goes, the sadly reality is that his previous accomplishments are irrelevant in determining his current value. Most players retiring in their late 30's have fewer 'miles' on their bodies than Regehr has on his at only 31. These days he's getting by on hockey IQ and sheer determination.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:19 AM
  #28
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
You say his puck moving skills are underrated...call the sheriff it must be so, I was merely pointing out that the thread starter who used C.E's 10 year contract and style of play were nowhere enar comparable to Seidenbergs. (THATS HOW REGHER CAME INTO THIS). Secondly if you look at Seidenberg's stats he has 2 years TOPS of alleged shutdown #1-3 defensive ability depending on hwere posters here rate him(I think #3 is a great fit)...while Boston however leaned on him as a typical 3....you may SAY he was an underrated puck movers etc however the fact boston brought in Kaberle alone says otherwise. Thats how he came into play.

Homerism is great...Seidenberg has had one good year in this league RR has had a career in this league.
hahaha. one good year? you can just admit you don't know what you are talking about.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:23 AM
  #29
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
Wish Carolina never let him leave. Great player and teammate from all accounts.
Carolina??? ****, Philly basically gave him away for free and we were the team that drafted him. I can't understand why we just gave up on him so early.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:17 AM
  #30
jerrywally23*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Seidenberg is Boston's #2 Dman, he's terrific at blocking shots, and he has a limited NTC (No Trade Clause). So NO your not getting Dennis Seidenberg nor are you getting Dougie Hamilton

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:49 PM
  #31
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
What would it take to get him on the Devils? We need a big minute defenseman that we can always rely on.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:55 PM
  #32
Abyss
GO BRUINS
 
Abyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,758
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
What would it take to get him on the Devils? We need a big minute defenseman that we can always rely on.
he's not going to be moved. Boston has no D in providence to help if he gets traded.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
  #33
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
he's not going to be moved. Boston has no D in providence to help if he gets traded.
So what would New Jersey have to give to get him?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:59 PM
  #34
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywally23 View Post
Seidenberg is Boston's #2 Dman, he's terrific at blocking shots, and he has a limited NTC (No Trade Clause). So NO your not getting Dennis Seidenberg nor are you getting Dougie Hamilton
FINE we'll just take Chara then JEEZ

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:56 PM
  #35
jerrywally23*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
FINE we'll just take Chara then JEEZ
Chara is 34 years old with 6 more years with a NMC (No Movement Clause) on his contract $6.9 for 5 year then $4.0 in his last year.

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.