HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stana?

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2003, 01:32 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Stana?

Charpy got knicked in practice and they have called up Stana. An interesting turn.

I notice that Stana's numbers are every bit as good as Max's. Actually a shade better. The Caps don't have a back to back(home tb/road carolina 11-14/15...3 games in 4 days too) for a while. A backup goalie game may not happen for a while. after that 3 games in 4 nights the caps have 5 days off. I don't think Stana is going to play, but its interesting that Stana got the call.

Old
11-04-2003, 01:52 PM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Ya, that is interesting, especially considering the "unofficial recall" that Max got for the Minnesota game. But you could look at in another way... Stana got called up so that Max could start for a few games in a row instead of alternating with Stana in Portland like they have been, or sitting on the bench in DC. They might be calling up Stana so that Max could get more playing time?

Personally, I think both Stana or Ouellet would be better backups for Olie.... but I understand leaving them in Portland for more ice time vs. sitting on the bench while Olie plays his workhorse-like 70 games or so.

Old
11-04-2003, 03:13 PM
NHL2Nite

Send a message via AIM to NHL2Nite Send a message via Yahoo to NHL2Nite
I would have given Max the call. i saw Stana play in the pre-season against Detroit(against Detroits scrubs) and Stana played awful. He was on fire in teh 1st period, however he looked fatigued through the rest of the game. maybe he wasnt ready for the NHL level yet, but you would think that Butch remembers that and gives Max a chance. Once again, Cassidy goes wrong....

Old
11-05-2003, 08:38 AM
jr77812

Stana's numbers speak for themselves and the shutout in his last game was probably the kicker. He's not there to play but this is the type of recall that goes a long way with a player. They are giving him a little bonus for his play over the last three games and it ought to be a motivator when he comes back down.

Max save for his 5 goals in 10 mins last week vs Worcester has been stellar. Even with that blowout his numbers are well about average. I still have no doubt that he is the future for this organization. But Stana may still prove out to be a nice late round pick for McPhee. He could play out to be a decent long term NHL quality back up.

Old
11-05-2003, 09:12 AM
txpd

it appears that the numbers that mattered most were Stana's $400k salary and Max's $1.2m in the NHL.

Closed Thread